**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

(Unpopular Opinion) The Sasquatch ambushes were my favorite part of Northern Expiditions

SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
I know a lot of people really didn't like the ambushes but to me they were the only part of Canadian difficulty that really felt like a new difficulty level. It's actually a pretty fun fight, I had a good time mastering it and trying to take it on with a lot of different champs as I'm going through Canadian difficulty. I guess it was a result of not really feeling an increase in difficulty from the rest of the quest. It really didn't feel much different from epic level side quests in the past. This was compounded by the fact the actual epic difficulty had no extra nodes like epic quests usually do so it seemed like Canadian was just Epic but with more rewards and epic was closer to master. That isn't bad by itself of course but for end game players really looking for a challenge the Sasquatch fights were pretty much all that there was. I mean the MODOK randomizer style side quests on epic from the past year or so were by far more difficult than the base Canadian difficulty northern expedition.

Learning how to take on new difficult but fair fights is what keeps the game fresh for me and Sasquatch at his base is pretty interesting as an opponent managing his tanraq phase and the big bulky animations of the character I found very satisfying to fight against. The only minor minor complaint I have is that since it is significantly more difficult than the content surrounding it an extra little reward for defeating him like 25k gold or like 400 5 star shards would have been a nice icing on top. I hope for future Cavalier level difficulties there are more fights like the ones on the level of Sasquatch with rewards to match.

Comments

• Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    I understand your perspective but for summoners like me (ftp, uncollected but not cavalier, spent 300 units to complete act 5, not having any good counter for sasquatch except warlock), those sasquatch ambushes in epic were a nightmare and that sasquatch has a huge health pool, add in the block damage you need to take during his wrath, power gain that comes along with it and the rapidity with which he gets his wrath, then you can understand why he was so frustrating to fight when he kept popping up
    I avoided those sasquatch ambushes by quitting out each time he came in and that helped me save poutine and maple syrups.
    That was really helpful as I was able to complete 5.3 using those poutines and maple syrups
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    I agree. I thought the ambushes were really fun and a great way to do Canadian difficulty. If you are strong enough, you can blast through the Sasquatch. If not, you have to keep quitting until you can avoid him.
    I also like being able to play against new champs without nodes. Most of the time I only meet them in the EQ and I’m fighting against the node instead of the champ. I feel like in understand Squatch better than any other new champ at this point.
    This was my favorite side quest in a long time.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    I haven’t cleared act 5 and the Sasquatch was fun to fight. You could just mess around because he has lots of health but not a lot of damage.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    I agree. Sasquatch served as a gate for difficulties, as he was harder than bosses. I also liked how I slowly learned how to fight him better, on day 1 I got repeatedly hit by his sp1. Now, I’m confident evading it and never block it anymore.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★

I understand your perspective but for summoners like me (ftp, uncollected but not cavalier, spent 300 units to complete act 5, not having any good counter for sasquatch except warlock), those sasquatch ambushes in epic were a nightmare and that sasquatch has a huge health pool, add in the block damage you need to take during his wrath, power gain that comes along with it and the rapidity with which he gets his wrath, then you can understand why he was so frustrating to fight when he kept popping up

TLDR: I’m free to play, and Sasquatch was really hard. I beat act 5 with my accelerated progression and still had to spend units(because I’m not the best player). I don’t like Sasquatch because I didn’t take the time to understand his abilities. He’s extremely frustrating and hard, and I want rewards for no effort.
    I’m sorry if you were offended, get mad at me if you want to, but being free to play can’t justify feeling entitled to rewards.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    They were a challenge the first couple of times because it was a new character, then it became just another dull fight as he started going down in 50-60 hits from my HT.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I would agree if it weren't for the overall length of the quest. For me it was just too long and the Sasquatch ambushes on most of the paths just made it longer.
    Edeuink said:

TLDR: I’m free to play, and Sasquatch was really hard. I beat act 5 with my accelerated progression and still had to spend units(because I’m not the best player). I don’t like Sasquatch because I didn’t take the time to understand his abilities. He’s extremely frustrating and hard, and I want rewards for no effort.
    I’m sorry if you were offended, get mad at me if you want to, but being free to play can’t justify feeling entitled to rewards.
    Nah, there is nothing offensive about what you said and I'm not saying that ftp players are entitled to get rewards either, I was just expressing my opinion on the sasquatch ambushes
    I couldn't afford to spend poutines and maple syrups on the side quest (because my item stash is largely empty) and I needed to push for 5.3 and 5.4, so really that is tge greatest reason why seeing him pop up repeatedly was so annoying but anyway I got everything done so it's all good👍👍👍
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    The ambushes happened too often IMO...
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I don’t mind the fight but I think Kabam really got the ambush strategy wrong from the start. The first few weeks he hardly appeared at all and the last couple he almost appeared on every run for me.

There’s a nice middle ground there which I think Kabam missed.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    I enjoyed the Sasquatch ambushes. They became so frequent towards the end I made sure I brought one of my Sasquatch killers with me every time.

Quake:
    https://youtu.be/IfKcjgE_woM

CapIW:
    https://youtu.be/s-8VMsOKigk

Stealthy:
    https://youtu.be/m5g3yCpSVx8
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I didn’t have a huge issue with the ambush itself and the difficulty and stuff, but the sheer amount of times he appeared was just too much, and it meant those who couldn’t fight him would have to enter and exit the quest like 50 times to get all the paths done
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Lvernon15 said:

I didn’t have a huge issue with the ambush itself and the difficulty and stuff, but the sheer amount of times he appeared was just too much, and it meant those who couldn’t fight him would have to enter and exit the quest like 50 times to get all the paths done

That was me at the start, but due to the number of ambushes, it gave me an opportunity to practice fighting him and slowly i learnt how to beat him.

By the end of it, i was able to beat him with all sort of champs.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I like this game.

I thought the Champion fight was too easy.

Northern expeditions were not repetitive enough.

6* chances in cavalier crystals are too high
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

I think a good part of the design is that you can exit the quest which costs zero energy and avoid the fight if it's too much for your current level. I took down the canadian Sasquatch with a handful of four star champions, it is a skill based fight with the right champions once you learn the mechanics so if epic is giving you difficulty it may be a matter of your skills
    Sungj said:

I think a good part of the design is that you can exit the quest which costs zero energy and avoid the fight if it's too much for your current level. I took down the canadian Sasquatch with a handful of four star champions, it is a skill based fight with the right champions once you learn the mechanics so if epic is giving you difficulty it may be a matter of your skills
    Yeah, it's true, my account is only six months old and I am still a relative noob so it was perhaps a bit too overwhelming for me but I hope the skills will come in the months ahead
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I mean that's the way it should've been IMO. The people who couldn't fight him had to quit out multiple times. That's the consequence for not being able to take him on and quitting to avoid him.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    I liked them too. Especially as you didn't have to consider any node, just a stacked champion. Plus they gave you enough revives and resources for most people at cav level not to have to spend resources. If you died you could always go out ad it cost 0 energy and had nice short paths. It may have tested a few rosters but overall, really nkce.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    I just thought it was too repetitive, end of the month I’m fully over the Squatch fight. Just kinda boring. I’ve one shot him with multiple characters, team killed him and been wiped out bu him. I’m just bored fighting that clown 50+ times. I felt the same way about mole man too, it’s just not a great way to introduce a character IMO
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

I just thought it was too repetitive, end of the month I’m fully over the Squatch fight. Just kinda boring. I’ve one shot him with multiple characters, team killed him and been wiped out bu him. I’m just bored fighting that clown 50+ times. I felt the same way about mole man too, it’s just not a great way to introduce a character IMO

This said I LOVED the 3 star guardian and free resources to help ramp him up and the objectives for his use. What a great way to introduce a character. I hope KABAM does this more often, as I’ve been Thirsty for a 5 or 6 star ever since