**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Raspberry Pi 4b and MCoC

Hey, I was just wondering if I made my own tablet from a Raspberry Pi 4b, the 8gb of ram model, and installed Android OS on it would it be against TOS to play MCoC on it. I'm asking cause a) I don't wanna be banned, b) imagine how smooth the gameplay would be with a quad core tablet with 8gb of ram, and c) it's much more affordable to build than buy an iPad. An official mod response would be awesome.

Comments

• Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    if it is a native android device then of course it is ok.
    kabam do not know who all the developers of phones and tablets are.
    you making your own tablet would be no different to if a new company made a new phone and you bought that.

cant see any reason why it would be any issue at all.

**edit*
    that was my initial thought. however, after doing a little look i can see that the android OS that is designed to work on Raspberry Pi is different to that of the Android OS that is designed for phones and tablets.
    It is entirely possible that MCOC would not be compatible with that version of Android.

you do not have access to the Google Play store, you would need to download and install MCOC from an externally sourced APK which itself would be not supported by Kabam.
    so after actually doing a little research into Android on Pi it looks exactly like it would fall into the category of Running MCOC using 3rd Party apps and Emulators.

basically in short Building a raspberry Pi and running Android OS on it is not building your own Tablet however it is building your own mini PC and would treated as such.
    also note that the available android OS's for Raspberry Pi themselves are not as stable as the official mobile App, also developers like Kabam would not themselves have proper support for the OS and the Raspberry Pi hardware so whilst the device might have on paper better specs it would likely run much much worse due to lack of hardware support and poor optimization for the OS.
  • XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 245 ★★★

you making your own tablet would be no different to if a new company made a new phone and you bought that.

**edit*
    that was my initial thought. however, after doing a little look i can see that the android OS that is designed to work on Raspberry Pi is different to that of the Android OS that is designed for phones and tablets.
    It is entirely possible that MCOC would not be compatible with that version of Android.

you do not have access to the Google Play store, you would need to download and install MCOC from an externally sourced APK which itself would be not supported by Kabam.
    so after actually doing a little research into Android on Pi it looks exactly like it would fall into the category of Running MCOC using 3rd Party apps and Emulators.

basically in short Building a raspberry Pi and running Android OS on it is not building your own Tablet however it is building your own mini PC and would treated as such.

There is actually a way to get the Google play store on this version of Android OS, you just have to install it separately
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    For the price of Raspberry PI and a display you can buy a decent phone that can run MCOC smooth enough. And RAM is not everything, processor also matters.
    Djin said:

For the price of Raspberry PI and a display you can buy a decent phone that can run MCOC smooth enough. And RAM is not everything, processor also matters.

more importantly is optimization for the hardware and OS

**edit*

There is actually a way to get the Google play store on this version of Android OS, you just have to install it separately
    which version are you looking at?
    even if you get google play on all other points will still stand.
    it is likely that even with the google play store you may not see all apps on there.
    i know now if you use NOX emulator on PC, MCOC shows as "not compatible with this device" i am pretty sure that is triggered by the OS version and unless your device is running Mobile Android 7 (maybe 6) or later you can't play MCOC