**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mastery Question-Pacify, Petrify, and Despair

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
Are those three masteries worth it? I have despair 3/3 and have definitely seen its value, but I'm not sure if it's the best investment of mastery points.

For petrify, I guess it could be useful, and I've had 1/3 for a while, but again, I'm not sure if there are better investments.

Finally, is it worth it to get pacify? I've never used it and I've seen some people max it while others don't have it at all. would it screw up your flow/tempo if the aar actually triggers? I feel like for certain nodes/abilities where you have to change your playstyle, it might be weird when it triggers sometimes but not always, so your playstyle would be weird. are there any abilities where it counters it really well?

and are deep wounds and assassin' worth it? my main bleed champs are aa and warlock if you want to count his heavy. and are any masteries more useful than assassin?

thanks for any guidance on all of these

current setup

top champs

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 said:

i have pacify and i like it. not because of the power reduction (which is unnoticeable) but more for the ability reductions... it helps a bit when you parry Korg\AV and similar because there is a 30% chance they won't be able to shrug of the stun.

ooh yeah that does sound useful for korgs. thanks for the input:)
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I personally don’t bother with petrify and pacify, but despair is amazing, pacify isn’t bad, petrify isn’t the best
    Lvernon15 said:

I personally don’t bother with petrify and pacify, but despair is amazing, pacify isn’t bad, petrify isn’t the best

thanks for the advice. I'm probably keeping 3/3 despair and go for some points in assassin and maybe pacify if I have extras.
    unrelated question, but why is limber useful for aol?
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Bc their Specials have a 100% chance to stun you. So when you mess up you wont get stunlocked to death.

They also have a stun chance on their normal attacks.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★

Don't bother with limber go for maxed assassin
    Seraphion said:

Bc their Specials have a 100% chance to stun you. So when you mess up you wont get stunlocked to death.

They also have a stun chance on their normal attacks.

Don't bother with limber go for maxed assassin
    thanks, I was just wondering, bc I had seen it in aol and mastery guides
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302

Are those three masteries worth it? I have despair 3/3 and have definitely seen its value, but I'm not sure if it's the best investment of mastery points.

For petrify, I guess it could be useful, and I've had 1/3 for a while, but again, I'm not sure if there are better investments.

Finally, is it worth it to get pacify? I've never used it and I've seen some people max it while others don't have it at all. would it screw up your flow/tempo if the aar actually triggers? I feel like for certain nodes/abilities where you have to change your playstyle, it might be weird when it triggers sometimes but not always, so your playstyle would be weird. are there any abilities where it counters it really well?

and are deep wounds and assassin' worth it? my main bleed champs are aa and warlock if you want to count his heavy. and are any masteries more useful than assassin?

current setup

top champs

I have 4 points on deep wounds mainly for Warlock and CAIW (others at R4 but don't really use then) and I don't think of change it
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    Also I have max pacify for mystic dispersion but it's a flex spot, if I want willpower I take it out
    Ciciliato said:

current setup

top champs

I have 4 points on deep wounds mainly for Warlock and CAIW (others at R4 but don't really use then) and I don't think of change it
    I think I'll focus on more general masteries like assassin and maybe the stun ones and then I might look at deep wounds depending on my roster. Thanks