**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do level caps even do anything?

I’m cavalier and level 51 and the level cap is annoying to me. It doesn’t seem like there’s any point in it and now I have to grind out a BUNCH of act 4

Comments

• The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    Inherently levels by themselves are an indicator of how much progression you’ve done especially towards levels near 60 since it gets to be much harder to level up
    Someone who has 100% act 4 and 5 are definitely near if not level 60,
    Yes you can level up through EQ but that’s not the point And honestly doesn’t teach much skill bar some bosses. That is why I loved the Thanos where you had to intercept

Act content is generally a bit harder In terms of health and attack, with act 5 ultron chapter opponents having near 90k health and the last chapter of eq towards 70k health
    Not counting bosses in either

Act content also was the best way to get stuff like tier 5b and other rank up resources with EQ being more of a longer term thing
    So 100% of act 5 meant you could have a r5 5* along with some r4 too

Obviously if you know some of my post I’m opposed to the free handouts kabam has given all these lower end players making it almost pointless for some to 100% act 5 since they already had enough 5* at a decent level to satisfy them or to get them right through cav. Getting Uc also has lost some of its value with now half the posts that ask “can my roster do UC” having a full team of 5*, now the question basically is “ can I do Uc without spending more than 3 revives, thanks kabam for the free handouts”
    So from my perspective. A level 51 at cav is more annoying then a level cap
    I don’t have to experience a level cap but I also didn’t get to experience a time where act5 is easier than when it came out

Eq does have a larger variety of nodes, sometimes you see Aspect of war While other times you see masochism this does let people learn the basics of the node and gives them a little boost in their skill, but it is also important to remember that these paths are often much shorter and can be skipped if it comes down to it. I mean In a year if I can’t do 100% of one months EQ it won’t kill my account in fact I might not rly feel the sting since the other 11 months were 100%
    While on the contrary not being able to do a path in act 5 like bane or masochism is ultimately detrimental for your skill and progression. Higher attack values and health pools mean that fights will take longer and that a mistake will cost you more , reducing the amount of mistakes you can make.

This also highlights an issue that many people have, thinking they are better than they actually are. I fall for this a lot, I did a path in lol yesterday to get closer to 100% first time using g99. I though fights would end in 200 combo it’s and I was skill full to react to the evades, turns out I was wrong the 1.5 mil did take around 200 hits with 300 total combo meter hits. The 3mil took almost 100 hits more and when the opponent triggered an evade 50% of the time I would continue my combo just fine 20% I would block the counter attack and 30% I would take a full combo to the face
    Another issue is that people simply don’t want to do either leveling up because it’s tedious or because the champs they have are not ideal and don’t make the fight easy

Using a subpar champ like nebula would require a lot more skill than someone like warlock or CMM for 6.2.2 sinister
    I personally had to use both sent and nebula to tag team him down with heimdal synergy

Levels also affect your masteries and if you’re a smart player who knows that units are best spent in masteries then you know leveling up is the one of the best ways to progress. Being able to have assassins, deep wounds, despair, and being able to max out cruelty and precision are all great masteries to have and really affect how you play the game
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Mayis said:

By throwing in a cavalier restriction youll cut many players out, who are skilled enough to do cavalier difficulty, but dont have say Crossbones counter.

I don’t think there are many of those players. To do crossbones, you need a bleed immune 5 star. Canadian difficultly has caltrops and bleed lanes. Yes, a player could have a 4 star omega red, but like I said before, there should be very few players without a bleed immune 5 star.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

I got to level 60 before completing act 5 for the first time. Not as complex as you think, it's simple progression basics. Gotta take your time and take it slow.

I gotta disagree why take it slow and wait when I could progress now?
    I understand how it might seem to relatively newer players. I get you can progress now. Since you can progress, then there's nothing stopping you. If you've had good RNG with your 5*s and 6*s, getting cavalier should be cheap.
    It wasn't so for me, as my 5* luck was dire. Had to shy away from the memes and focus on my 4*s. I explored act 4 after I got uncollected so I could rank up an actually good 5* in ghost. Can ghost get cav? Yes of course! Can see do it alone? Maybe not. Act 6 requires a lot of diversity, even in as early stages as 6.1. I told myself, I'd rather explore act 5 so I can get awakening gems and more. To say the exact route of my act 5 exploration would take a while, so I'mma cut this short...

I unlocked suicides by the side and went for my LoL initial completion for the awakening gem. After LoL first clear, I fully explored act 5. Guess what, I got up to 5 5* awakening gems from all that hurdle. Guess who I got from the rewards. Void, stealthy, and CMM! What did I do? I awakened my void with the science gem I got from act 5 then took him to rank 4 with the catalysts I got. I awakened CMM as well.

What am I trying to say? The patience I displayed got me void, who was definitely the missing piece I needed to get me cavalier. I decided to be extra patient and I found out that compensation came around. I heard rumors that there was double compensation for people who got cav after it came, so I used that opportunity to get cav. I got so much value out of it, that the time I took was more than worth the wait!
    As for leveling up, the game has evolved to the point where you don't need to explore earlier story quests to progress. Older players like me who have been around for about 5 years more or less know how much grinding we had to do to get our way.
    It wasn't always so simple, but that's the beauty of evolution!
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Also why does me being cavalier at level 51 annoy you? I did a full run of act 5 then jumped straight into act 6 without doing elders and I don’t think that’s much of a problem. Doing act 5 100% would give me a more expansive roster and a r5 5* but I was able to do cavalier with only a team of 4/55 5*s. And yes, I could have done act 5 100% to get more counters such as warlock or torch but I found a way to work with what I had. 6.1.5 xbones would have been easy with g2099 or warlock but instead I used dormmamu because he is what was available. I don’t think this is that unusual and I do think this could have been done when act 6 chap 1 first came out so I don’t think time has anything to do with it.

You think you being at cavalier annoys people? What annoys most people is the entitlement shown by people like you whenever something is added to game that does not suit your profile. The game is not just tapping the screen, any monkey with enough practice can do that. It's also being patient and managing your resource. It's the same type of attitude that caused Kabam to go from class gates in 6.2 to champion specific counters in 6.3 and 6.4. First one was bad, second one was worse. If you don't qualify for a difficulty, think about what you can do to qualify, and stop asking Kabam to change the content to suite your roster.

I got to level 60 before completing act 5 for the first time. Not as complex as you think, it's simple progression basics. Gotta take your time and take it slow.

I gotta disagree why take it slow and wait when I could progress now?
    I understand how it might seem to relatively newer players. I get you can progress now. Since you can progress, then there's nothing stopping you. If you've had good RNG with your 5*s and 6*s, getting cavalier should be cheap.
    It wasn't so for me, as my 5* luck was dire. Had to shy away from the memes and focus on my 4*s. I explored act 4 after I got uncollected so I could rank up an actually good 5* in ghost. Can ghost get cav? Yes of course! Can see do it alone? Maybe not. Act 6 requires a lot of diversity, even in as early stages as 6.1. I told myself, I'd rather explore act 5 so I can get awakening gems and more. To say the exact route of my act 5 exploration would take a while, so I'mma cut this short...

I unlocked suicides by the side and went for my LoL initial completion for the awakening gem. After LoL first clear, I fully explored act 5. Guess what, I got up to 5 5* awakening gems from all that hurdle. Guess who I got from the rewards. Void, stealthy, and CMM! What did I do? I awakened my void with the science gem I got from act 5 then took him to rank 4 with the catalysts I got. I awakened CMM as well.

What am I trying to say? The patience I displayed got me void, who was definitely the missing piece I needed to get me cavalier. I decided to be extra patient and I found out that compensation came around. I heard rumors that there was double compensation for people who got cav after it came, so I used that opportunity to get cav. I got so much value out of it, that the time I took was more than worth the wait!
    Thank you for telling me this it showed me a new perspective on the issue, and was honestly the most helpful comment here. Although I am a bit jealous you got level 60 through grinding because you needed rewards for progression instead of grinding only for xp. The whole reason level caps are frustrating to me is because grinding for xp and xp alone is so draining. Also, last but not least THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR USING PUNCTUATION. so many people don’t use it which I don’t understand as it makes things much easier to read and understand.
    Lol, sure thing bro. Just know you can use XP boosts. Non level 60 players tend to forget those exist, whereas just having them can take you to level 60 much faster than normal. If you've got some, there's no harm in using. Besides, they're useless after level 60, so you might as well get some value outta them while you can, lol.

In addition, level 51-60 took me some fairly subconscious effort. I didn't pay extreme attention to it, but I was there before I knew it! I used XP boosts for my act 4 exploration, I used some for act 5 as well, before I'd even done a lot in act 5, bam! Level 60!
    Of course, those catalyst daily quest gave some XP as well, but I don't really recommend those over story quests, due to the little value they offer in rewards comparatively.
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 380 ★★
    I was lvl 60 way before act 5 releases maybe you're missing something
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★

Also why does me being cavalier at level 51 annoy you? I did a full run of act 5 then jumped straight into act 6 without doing elders and I don’t think that’s much of a problem. Doing act 5 100% would give me a more expansive roster and a r5 5* but I was able to do cavalier with only a team of 4/55 5*s. And yes, I could have done act 5 100% to get more counters such as warlock or torch but I found a way to work with what I had. 6.1.5 xbones would have been easy with g2099 or warlock but instead I used dormmamu because he is what was available. I don’t think this is that unusual and I do think this could have been done when act 6 chap 1 first came out so I don’t think time has anything to do with it.

Inherently levels by themselves are an indicator of how much progression you’ve done especially towards levels near 60 since it gets to be much harder to level up
    Someone who has 100% act 4 and 5 are definitely near if not level 60,
    Yes you can level up through EQ but that’s not the point And honestly doesn’t teach much skill bar some bosses. That is why I loved the Thanos where you had to intercept

Act content is generally a bit harder In terms of health and attack, with act 5 ultron chapter opponents having near 90k health and the last chapter of eq towards 70k health
    Not counting bosses in either

Act content also was the best way to get stuff like tier 5b and other rank up resources with EQ being more of a longer term thing
    So 100% of act 5 meant you could have a r5 5* along with some r4 too

Obviously if you know some of my post I’m opposed to the free handouts kabam has given all these lower end players making it almost pointless for some to 100% act 5 since they already had enough 5* at a decent level to satisfy them or to get them right through cav. Getting Uc also has lost some of its value with now half the posts that ask “can my roster do UC” having a full team of 5*, now the question basically is “ can I do Uc without spending more than 3 revives, thanks kabam for the free handouts”
    So from my perspective. A level 51 at cav is more annoying then a level cap
    I don’t have to experience a level cap but I also didn’t get to experience a time where act5 is easier than when it came out

Eq does have a larger variety of nodes, sometimes you see Aspect of war While other times you see masochism this does let people learn the basics of the node and gives them a little boost in their skill, but it is also important to remember that these paths are often much shorter and can be skipped if it comes down to it. I mean In a year if I can’t do 100% of one months EQ it won’t kill my account in fact I might not rly feel the sting since the other 11 months were 100%
    While on the contrary not being able to do a path in act 5 like bane or masochism is ultimately detrimental for your skill and progression. Higher attack values and health pools mean that fights will take longer and that a mistake will cost you more , reducing the amount of mistakes you can make.

This also highlights an issue that many people have, thinking they are better than they actually are. I fall for this a lot, I did a path in lol yesterday to get closer to 100% first time using g99. I though fights would end in 200 combo it’s and I was skill full to react to the evades, turns out I was wrong the 1.5 mil did take around 200 hits with 300 total combo meter hits. The 3mil took almost 100 hits more and when the opponent triggered an evade 50% of the time I would continue my combo just fine 20% I would block the counter attack and 30% I would take a full combo to the face
    Another issue is that people simply don’t want to do either leveling up because it’s tedious or because the champs they have are not ideal and don’t make the fight easy

Using a subpar champ like nebula would require a lot more skill than someone like warlock or CMM for 6.2.2 sinister
    I personally had to use both sent and nebula to tag team him down with heimdal synergy

Levels also affect your masteries and if you’re a smart player who knows that units are best spent in masteries then you know leveling up is the one of the best ways to progress. Being able to have assassins, deep wounds, despair, and being able to max out cruelty and precision are all great masteries to have and really affect how you play the game

You make some really good points but can you please use punctuation? It’s hard to read otherwise.
    You proved my point about not needing to do act 5 100%. I was going to save this for the morning but since you clearly are bothered by punctuation I’ll have to address that immediately with utmost urgency : No

Anyway jokes aside, I’ll try to do my best with punctuation.

As I said before levels where inherently a demonstration of progression and we’re used as a recruitment tool for some alliances.
    Back when act 5 was fully introduced, It essentially unlocked a new threshold of power in champions. 5/65 were what r3 6* are now.
    So by not leveling up, but being able to progress relatively fast demonstrates the broken “game balance” kabam tries keep.

Personally what bothers me is the fact that now that is irrelevant and the effort I made to get my first r5 and cav title is made a joke compared to the stuff you guys get. You can’t say you struggled because you didn’t have someone like void or Corvus because when I did it they weren’t even in the game.
    I do applaud you for using dorm, and I respect that. People who have to use unconventional methods are people I like. So I’ll admit you could have struggled and gave it a good effort to earn the cav title. But think of it from the perspective of players who grinded for their champs. Plus more than likely that dorm was r4 or lower. But you also didn’t have to, you just rushed.

At level 51 I barely had enough 5* to make a full team since they were rare, took patience, hard work and often lots of grinding. Not to mention the chance that the character was useless is actually a lot more than it is now. Now kabam hands them out like candy compared to then. I’m okay with kabam giving them out in larger quantities, in fact it makes Game economic sense. What is annoying is seeing lower levels that don’t need them get them at near the same rate. Obviously the only difference now, in today’s meta, is the introduction to cav difficulty, and the separation between cav and Uc in things like bundles.
    Going from one run of act 5 to cav is a big jump from a progression perspective.and you can see why a level cap is needed for these situations.
    Just as another poster said: the entitlement

I’ll be honest and sincere, you’re acting entitled. Just because more champs are handed out now a days doesn’t mean everyone should do everything
    Nor should you. Also I just noticed you’re literally complaining about worst FOUR LEVELS. So yeah hope you can see why I would be annoyed.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    its just like any game with any kind of progression restrictions.
    you may not agree or like them but they are there purely to give reason for the player base to progress at a particular path and not too quick.
    canadian difficulty was easier than it should be really.
    having it open to anyone means that a lvl 30 player who has good skill with a 4* quake 4* ghost etc could possibly do it and earn themselves the rewards thet are well beyond what their progression level is designed to entitle them to.

progression games are all based around time and progression.
    regardless of skill, roster growth and playing time are the two big keys to many many games that use leveling and progression systems.
    rewards are tailored to the events and the difficulty and the target player base.

allowing level 30 players the rewards from Canadian difficulty if they have the skill throws out all the meaning in the current story progress design.
    the idea is progress through the story,
    progress with time played and as you do both of these things you will unlock more content and the ability to gather more rewards.
    simple concept used by many games.

any and every RPG game has content that is level locked and or content progression locked.
    it is just the way it is and its there for design reason.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    The level cap I guess prevents cheaters from making fresh accounts and just destroying the monthly content which allows them to build their roster faster
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

You think you being at cavalier annoys people? What annoys most people is the entitlement shown by people like you whenever something is added to game that does not suit your profile. The game is not just tapping the screen, any monkey with enough practice can do that. It's also being patient and managing your resource. It's the same type of attitude that caused Kabam to go from class gates in 6.2 to champion specific counters in 6.3 and 6.4. First one was bad, second one was worse. If you don't qualify for a difficulty, think about what you can do to qualify, and stop asking Kabam to change the content to suite your roster.
    He strait up said a level 51 cavalier annoys him

I am not honestly annoyed at anyone getting to play any difficulty. What does annoy me is people asking content to be tailored to their account. Lvl 60 and cavalier was not an unreasonable ask, but people complained and Kabam changed it to lvl 55 and cavalier. I thought it was a bad decision since I expected these kind of posts to crop up.

The game does progress and newer players will find older content easy with the new overpowered champs. That does not mean every single quest should be available to everyone. If the restrictions are unreasonable, I see a point in complaining. But, getting to lvl 60 is nothing if you can get to cavalier. It's not even about what was hard back then and what is hard now. It's about the time you have put in game and how you managed to make the most of it.

R4 5 star champs can autoplay act 4 content. With some XP boosts, you can easily get to lvl 60 in a day or 2. I did that while exploring act 4 when energy was reduced to 2 per tile due to some appreciation week. Since the energy is permanently reduced now, you should have an easier time.