**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Punisher 2099 Buff predictions

TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
Any ideas on how he is going to be buffed? What tier do you think he will land in after the buff?

Comments

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Dmg number buff...

Personally I think a tier list is stupid so I’d say if you liked him before then you will REALLY like him now. If you didn’t he will be Demi god tier maybe?
  • ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 350 ★★★
    I wonder how good he'll be compared to other top champs. KT1 always praised him, and said a few tweaks would make him elite. I brought him to rank 2, along with Mags, in hopes for something spectacular.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Maybe a passive attack bonus with the battery. Or having his basic attacks deal a burst of energy damage based off a portion of base attack (think Rulk).
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    He have utility. All he needs is damage.
  • ElementalBashElementalBash Posts: 107
    dont want to be a downer butjust keep thatin mind until after the buff. dont waste resources on him yet, unless you really want too.
  • ElementalBashElementalBash Posts: 107
    i like everything about him except for damage. so it would be nice to make him usable apart from defense
  • Championa10Championa10 Posts: 44
    edited July 2020
    Unio77 said:

I think Tech champs as a whole need a boost. I would say theyre easily the hardest class to get good champs.

Punisher 2099 should start with higher battery, like Seatin suggested, maybe 70 or 80 percent. And his damage output is so low. Alot of his attacks imply that a shock or bleed or incinerate debuff would occur, so I hope they at least add that to sp1 or sp2.

When I first pulled him, I thought his battery power would carry over for each fight, like a CMM mechanic. It would be useful and just more fun should his Overdrive get fixed.

Coughs in ghost, warlock, guardian, hulkbuster, mysterio, iron man infinity war, sentinel, doc ock, darkhawk, guillotine 2099, spider man stark enhanced, starlord and nebula
    Hulkbuster just recently got buffed, and guardian was just added. In a pool of 30 different techs, you named 11, most of which are still average in comparison to the overflowing great skill, mutant, and cosmic champs.
  • manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★
    My guess is he will be a high demigod
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★

Greekhit said:

Even if they just amp up his numbers, he’ll be great. Punisher 2099 has a great kit, I use my 6r1 one in UC EQ every month. It’s just his damage output that blows.

Despite he desperately needs a tweak on his damage output, imagine how happy people will be, when they will meet the tweaked up version, on his usual unblockable sp1/sp2 nodes 🤣
    Or if not Unblockable, he usually ends up on the Kinetic Transference nodes.

Throws an SP1, then immediately an SP2!
    Dude this is no joke.
    I faces him yesterday on kinetic transference modifier.
    After his first Sp1 I was a sitting duck of barrage of special attacks.
    I had to take most of one special to the chest, before I could continue attacking him.
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★
    Unio77 said:

I think Tech champs as a whole need a boost. I would say theyre easily the hardest class to get good champs.

Punisher 2099 should start with higher battery, like Seatin suggested, maybe 70 or 80 percent. And his damage output is so low. Alot of his attacks imply that a shock or bleed or incinerate debuff would occur, so I hope they at least add that to sp1 or sp2.

When I first pulled him, I thought his battery power would carry over for each fight, like a CMM mechanic. It would be useful and just more fun should his Overdrive get fixed.

Coughs in ghost, warlock, guardian, hulkbuster, mysterio, iron man infinity war, sentinel, doc ock, darkhawk, guillotine 2099, spider man stark enhanced, starlord and nebula
    When he was brought into the contest, persistent charges ability wasn't really a thing.
  • Championa10Championa10 Posts: 44
    LOThunder said:

Unio77 said:

When he was brought into the contest, persistent charges ability wasn't really a thing.
    True. So maybe that tuneup could just add that in. He was one of the first champs to have a lot of utilities. Persistent charges would make him a game changer.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★

LOThunder said:

Unio77 said:

True. So maybe that tuneup could just add that in. He was one of the first champs to have a lot of utilities. Persistent charges would make him a game changer.
    This would definitely make him better. And also more damage overall
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    I think it would be neat to make his battery charge and as it charges make it kind of like sentinels analysts charges with a damage scaling boost. Have his specials tweaked a bit for buffs and debuffs and cost some battery. You could even change his dupe ability to allow faster charging. As for synergies make them give some good buffs to older champions to help with a few older champs and give them a push in the right direction like Soviet cap did.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Id love a pre-fight ability to decide how he is enhanced stat wise based on battery levels. So in one more you get a burst of energy on mediums that scales with battery level, on another you gain higher and higher energy and crits resistance and maybe one where you can get increased offensive power gain.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    They're just doing numbers, so I think he'll gain batteries faster, Overdrive longer, and heal more, and maybe his abilities cost less battery. If Overdrive lasted a long time and was easier to do, his SP2 with the auto-aim and the armor break with Overdrive will be very strong.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    If you make his attack scale with battery, but make overload a penalty, more chance of people using his sp2 and perhaps sp3
    Right now you just spam sp1 and nothing else
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    I think one simple tweak that could make Pun 2099 a much better champ would be to change his heavy mechanic. Keep the current stun mechanic (1.5 second stun for 15% battery charge) any time the battery isn’t in Overcharge. But if the battery is in overcharge mode, a successful heavy has a 100% chance to recharge X% of the battery, along with a 10% chance to stun for 1.0 seconds while draining 45% of the battery. Maybe drain the battery a little faster while in overdrive, to add a balanced risk/reward for attempting to maintain his burst window. Even an unfavorable rng outcome would have a solid benefit.

Pun 2099 can hit above his weight class when he’s in overcharge, but his burst time is too brief. You’ve got to fire off 2x sp1 to get to overdrive in a relatively quick fashion.