**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Human torch

Can Human torch reverse healing?

Comments

• QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Yes, read his abilities... Its in there
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★

he doesn't reverse heal like a Warlock does. he just reduces the rate at which they do heal.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

he doesn't reverse heal like a Warlock does. he just reduces the rate at which they do heal.
    warlock only blocks healing. torch does reduce the rate of healing but he can eventually reverse it
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★

He’s a little confused but he’s got the right spirit

Actually he’s very confused
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    HT: reduce regeneration by 20%
    Warlock: heal block
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    each incin reduces heal effectiveness by a flat 20%, so at 5 reverses, paired up with despair it can be done with less
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

HT: reduce regeneration by 20%
    Warlock: heal block

reduce regen by 20% per incinerate, meaning heal block

actually no i'm not. lol geez man. why is everyone so quick to disagree these days. but i'll go ahead and just offer this up despite the fact that my original FACTUAL statement was so quickly targeted.

Human Torch DOES NOT reverse heal like the poster asked and not in the same vane as Warlock like i mentioned. He only reduces their regeneration rate based on his incinerates. So the opponent still heals .. just at a reduced clip. Can it be negative? Sure but the fact remains the opponent is still healing.

Now Warlock on the other hand (if awakened) does more than just heal block. He actually does reverse the process which means .. .instead of going up as healing does it then reverses and goes backward instead. He changes the function of the heal. (Torch does not).

With Warlock, the opponent no longer heals because each time they do, that process is REVERSED and they instead degen. He does this by way of his virus coupled with his signature ability. It amplifies his heal block and actually turns it into a heal reverse.

All it takes is a bit of dialog guys before you disagree or condemn someone's attempt to help which is all I was trying to do. I don't just answer questions for giggles.

Now Warlock on the other hand (if awakened) does more than just heal block. He actually does reverse the process which means .. .instead of going up as healing does it then reverses and goes backward instead. He changes the function of the heal. (Torch does not).

With Warlock, the opponent no longer heals because each time they do, that process is REVERSED and they instead degen. He does this by way of his virus coupled with his signature ability. It amplifies his heal block and actually turns it into a heal reverse.

no offense, but this is plain wrong. I'm going to reference the champion spotlight here.

warlocks virus blocks healing. I think we can all agree on that.

so when the opponent heals, they are power drained. when they are power drained, his sig degens the opponent. this is far from a heal reversal.

they are two totally different things. first, he heal blocks. Then, he deals degen damage if they attempt to heal based on his abilities and sig. that is not heal reversal

here, we see that torch reduces healing by 20% per incinerate. according to the devs, dev notes are not supposed to be gospel and may not be totally confirmed abilities or something like that, so it's best to take them with a grain of salt, but this dev note is pretty cut and dry. His incinerates reduce the healing and can make it negative, aka reverse heal.

here, we see g2099 who has a similar ability with her sp2
    @Thicco_Mode no offense taken amigo. BUT would you agree that when an opponent doesn't heal and at every attempt to heal, they instead lose health would be a reversal? i'm sure you would which is exactly what Warlock does.

dancing around it doesn't make it any less a reversal of a mechanic lol. when you attempt to heal, you degenerate instead.

but hey .. no worries man ... i think the OP has his answer. if you're looking for Torch to negatively impact the healing process .. yes he does that. and so does Warlock ;)

@Thicco_Mode no offense taken amigo. BUT would you agree that when an opponent doesn't heal and at every attempt to heal, they instead lose health would be a reversal? i'm sure you would which is exactly what Warlock does.

dancing around it doesn't make it any less a reversal of a mechanic lol. when you attempt to heal, you degenerate instead.

but hey .. no worries man ... i think the OP has his answer. if you're looking for Torch to negatively impact the healing process .. yes he does that. and so does Warlock ;)

but heal reversal is a literal thing in the game. it's when healing rate goes negative. does torch do that? yes. does warlock? no. I'd definitely agree that it does negatively affect them through degen, but the plain fact is that it's not a heal reversal. also not sure how I'm dancing around it? if anything, I went pretty in depth

Dude you rly need to stop thinking your so smart
    WL does not heal reverse

His sig specifically says he deals damage when the opponent is power trained. So even if a node says the defender is power drain or burn immune his sig won’t work

Correlation does not equal causation genius
    That’s like saying voids debuffs do damage
    edited August 2020

but heal reversal is a literal thing in the game. it's when healing rate goes negative. does torch do that? yes. does warlock? no. I'd definitely agree that it does negatively affect them through degen, but the plain fact is that it's not a heal reversal. also not sure how I'm dancing around it? if anything, I went pretty in depth
    i like you man lol .. one of the few who actually engage in a conversation without the antics and shenanigans. it's a lost art with most on the internet. so i appreciate the dialog my friend.

BUT ... lol just kidding. no further comment. we can continue in DM (if so desired) so that this thread doesn't lose its intent or become a pointless back a forth banter.

again, appreciate the real dialog dude.
    edited August 2020
    @Thicco_Mode best to not engage with him anymore he’s set and stone in his position where he believes he’s right.
    The way mechanics work, function and interact is Important to clarify
    Obviously he doesn’t get it and rather just spam nonsense and disagree

I applaud your patience

i like you man lol .. one of the few who actually engage in a conversation without the antics and shenanigans. it's a lost art with most on the internet. so i appreciate the dialog my friend.

BUT ... lol just kidding. no further comment. we can continue in DM so that this thread doesn't lost its intent or become a pointless back a forth banter.

again, appreciate the real dialog dude.
    same to you my friend! mature people on these forums are a pleasure

@Thicco_Mode best to not engage with him anymore he’s set and stone in his position where he believes he’s right.
    The way mechanics work, function and interact is Important to clarify
    Obviously he doesn’t get it and rather just spam nonsense and disagree

I applaud your patience

I don't mind, honestly. I'll try my best to explain why I believe I'm right, and I'm sure they'll do the same. better than other people on the forum who straight up don't acknowledge points
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    warlocks degen does not have anything to do with the regen rate, therefore can not count as a heal reversal.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★

actually no i'm not. lol geez man. why is everyone so quick to disagree these days. but i'll go ahead and just offer this up despite the fact that my original FACTUAL statement was so quickly targeted.

Human Torch DOES NOT reverse heal like the poster asked and not in the same vane as Warlock like i mentioned. He only reduces their regeneration rate based on his incinerates. So the opponent still heals .. just at a reduced clip. Can it be negative? Sure but the fact remains the opponent is still healing.

All it takes is a bit of dialog guys before you disagree or condemn someone's attempt to help which is all I was trying to do. I don't just answer questions for giggles.
    I think you’ve got your vocab a little mixed up. But hey, this is a mobile video game, not English class or something, so it’s ok.
    When players say “reverse heal” they mean reduce the opponent’s regeneration rate into the negatives. The default regeneration rate is 100%. To start to reverse healing, you need to reduce regeneration rate below 0%. So, if you apply something reduces regeneration rate by 101%, and the opponent is regenerating 100 health per tick(200 health per sec), they will take 1 damage per tick(2 damage per sec). This is what torch does, he uses incinerates to make regeneration go lower than 0%, causing the opponent to take damage from negative regeneration. Because of this human torch’s “heal reversal” damage is tied to how much the opponent is regenerating. His “heal reversal” damage will do much more damage to an opponent regenerating 1000 health per tick(2000 health per sec), than to an opponent regenerating 100 health per tick(200 health per sec).
    Hopefully everyone reading this comment understood that. Let’s continue.
    Warlock does not “reverse healing,” if you go by the definition that reverse healing is making regeneration rate dip below 0%. Instead, his infection passively heal blocks the opponent, preventing all healing. To describe heal block in terms I’ve been using so far, I’d say that it “locks” regeneration rate at 0%. So, regeneration effects cannot increase the opponent’s health, nor can it decrease their health. You’re probably thinking of warlock’s awakened ability as heal reversal, as it will degen the opponent when you drain their power(by having them try to heal while infected). However, this is not heal reversal for 1 reason, which is that the amount of damage done is not tied to the amount of health gained. If the opponent is trying to regenerate 1 health per tick(2 health per second), a 5/65 sig 200 warlock’s degeneration will do 862 damage over 2 seconds. If the opponent is trying to regenerate 1000 health per tick(2000 health per second), the degeneration will still do 862 damage over 2 seconds.
    Summary/ TLDR
    Human torch reverses healing. The amount of damage the opponent takes from having their healing reversed is tied to the amount of health that they regenerate. Warlock heal blocks the opponent, and punishes them with damage whenever they try to heal. This damage is the same no matter how much the opponent is trying to regenerate.
    Hope this helps! Cheers!
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

I’m just going to refrain from commenting. Some of our other intelligent summoners have already seemed to hit the nail on the head anyways.
  • HolyLegoStepHolyLegoStep Posts: 145
    His incinerate removes some percentage of healing, when 100% is removed and you further place incinerate debuffs you reverse their healing
  • HelluvaPullHelluvaPull Posts: 83
    edited August 2020

Ummm, what? Dude, I’m curious as to what you think heal reversal is? Do you mind explaining to me what you think heal reversal is? Also, if ht reduces their healing by 120%, do you think that’s considered reversed healing? Just curious

• HelluvaPullHelluvaPull Posts: 83

Ummm, what? I have couple questions. 1) can you explain to me what you think reverse Healing is?
    2) if enemy healing is reduced by 120%, which means they are healing negatively , do you think that’s reverse healing?
    That’s all
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Deaconvalet was so smug and dead wrong.

Not man enough to admit to this shame.

He now flees this thread a sham

Filled with shame