**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Accounts receiving multiple compensation packages

a710107a710107 Posts: 7
edited July 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
Kabam staff,

The compensation package is very good is greatly appreciated -- and very deserved by us due to all the outages, etc. we've had to endure via using our in-game assets.

With that being said, I'm more than alarmed at the fact that some random accounts are getting multiple compensation packages. At least a few accounts in my alliance did. One posted a screengrab of the opening and got a choice between Corvus Glaive, Doctor Doom, and Warlock (!!!) not to mention all of the other assets, which is a TON.

How much grinding would it take even a very well-established player to even break even with all those assets? Let alone the gains those accounts are making with all those extra assets.

Premium assets can determine if X content can be completed or not, if X alliance war can be won or not, if a player can do X map in alliance quest, and most especially if an account can join a better alliance (due to prestige wars).

Everyone in my alliance is already Cavalier, so they are not getting multiple packages due to going from Uncollected to Cavalier. If that was the reasoning, I wouldn't post this topic because I know that's standard operating procedure.

I personally have played this game since it was released in 2015, have spent countless hours building a good roster and, while not a big spender, I have spent a bit of money.

For accounts to randomly be gifted with multiple packages is a total slap in the face to the hard work dedicated players have put in and an insane imbalance toward accounts who randomly got lucky enough to benefit from... yet another error.

Make this right.

Comments

• a710107a710107 Posts: 7

It sounds like people who recently became cavalier are getting UC and CAV rewards.

If this was the case, I wouldn't have even posted this topic because I know that's standard operating procedure. Everyone in my alliance is already Cavalier, so that isn't why their accounts have received multiple packages.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

It's correct people some got double rewards for getting from uncollected to cav and got 2 compensation packages which is rubbish because they should only get 1 package and that's it. So saying that if that's the case all players who made it to uncollected or cav should only get 1 package. Otherwise everyone that received only 1 needs to be given a 2nd aswell

@relentless I think op is saying that people who didn't go from UC to cav got double too. I think that's extremely strange, but it might have happened
  • If people are transitioning and getting the packages then I'm more than ok with it. But if they are getting it just randomly then there is something wrong with that that should be looked at
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    For the record, I went from Challenger to Contender and didn’t get a second compensation package on my mini account so the lowest compensation is probably set to either Proven or Conquer. I will try to push to Proven to see if I can get the second compensation on my mini.
    Side note, if I didn’t get Doom from the 4 star nexus that was in my mini’s compensation, I’d never push through the content so fast (he’s also now at r4 thanks to the glory and some good luck in the mystic daily quest).
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    It’s not just people who recently got Cav who got double compo. Some people who have been Cav since the release managed to claim one set of rewards from the in game mail and one from stash.

At the end of the day it is what it is, you got double compo then lucky for you, if you didn’t you haven’t lost anything as you still got a decent chunk of free stuff which we didn’t need to do anything for other than suffer through some inconvenience
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    a710107 said:

Nomercy9 said:

I think it's not fair for those who are cavalier. Kabam must do something about this.

I think you're missing part of my post. Everyone in my alliance was already Cavalier. Some of the accounts in my alliance received multiple packages. So the reason they are getting multiple packages is not due to account progression. It's seemingly random.
    Need proof. If they did, they will have the read messages in their inbox. Have them screenshot the 2 messages as they sit in the read list. Until that happens I call BS.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

It's the same thing as the Namor/Cull refund. Some people got to keep their extra dupes. Just let others get the extra compensation. I can't think of an easy way to solve this anyway.

Not fair for the people who only got one. Either take away their extras or double it for us. I'd love a second chance Nexus, considering how hard I got screwed on the first.
    I think the only people getting double compensation are those going from one progression milestone to the next. Isn't it nice for newer cavalier players to get a good headstart into future content, and to be congratulated grandly for their efforts?
    No. They get something special that others don't and will not. And if they're good enough for Cavalier, they shouldn't need the extras. Progressing players just might.
    The people that went between milestones ARE progressing players.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

It's the same thing as the Namor/Cull refund. Some people got to keep their extra dupes. Just let others get the extra compensation. I can't think of an easy way to solve this anyway.

Not fair for the people who only got one. Either take away their extras or double it for us. I'd love a second chance Nexus, considering how hard I got screwed on the first.
    I think the only people getting double compensation are those going from one progression milestone to the next. Isn't it nice for newer cavalier players to get a good headstart into future content, and to be congratulated grandly for their efforts?
    No. They get something special that others don't and will not. And if they're good enough for Cavalier, they shouldn't need the extras. Progressing players just might.
    Cavalier doesn't mean you are done with everything. Just means you are through 6.1.6 to get the title. Cavalier players are still progressing. I'm Cavalier and my roster is progressing. You don't have a right to tell anyone what do or don't need.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    I think I heard that if you recieved one in your inbox first then get it from your mail you can get it twice, but I never tried it. But yeah, I kinda wish they didn't do this kind of stuff because it's freaking 5000 6 star shards and a 5 star nexus..
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    The problem would be solving this. It'll be hard to either comb through all the accounts that got extra and remove them or to find the accounts who didn't get extra and gift them another package. We've seen in the past that stuff like this is too complicated to execute.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

For the record, I went from Challenger to Contender and didn’t get a second compensation package on my mini account so the lowest compensation is probably set to either Proven or Conquer. I will try to push to Proven to see if I can get the second compensation on my mini.
    Side note, if I didn’t get Doom from the 4 star nexus that was in my mini’s compensation, I’d never push through the content so fast (he’s also now at r4 thanks to the glory and some good luck in the mystic daily quest).

@StevieManWonder my friend had only completed act two and got compensation and when he finished act three, he also for compensation which contained the 5* nexus, which the original package he received did not have
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    People can only do those Milestones once. I say let it be.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

@StevieManWonder my friend had only completed act two and got compensation and when he finished act three, he also for compensation which contained the 5* nexus, which the original package he received did not have
    Maybe I’ll push through to act three tomorrow and see if I’ll still get the compensation
  • Lmaxwell2016Lmaxwell2016 Posts: 5
    People who were UC got their compensation and then got cav over the next couple days and received cav's compensation as well... i have had 3 players in my ally that have had this happen lnce they completed cav