**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you find stant your ground useful?

MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
This mastery is made for if you were blocking a heavy attack you have a % chance of resisting it.

Do you find stant your ground useful? 72 votes

Yes
52%
SnakeEyes69Haji_SaabTimone147zuffySolrac_2WaynedavySceptilemaniacPizzabeatZsirhcZMitriaxplayinggameletGamesbond90SummonerNRAleorDenzel116MaxGamingDylanphileDeaconWoody15Arsoz 38 votes
No
30%
Mr_PlatypusKDoggg2017Lvernon15HendrossRahultripathiBrokenRasiloverElad17Colonaut123spaceoctopusZeronaut81QacobEtjamaGraydroxwalkerdogPsychic_2002MCOCHazzaCaptainGameAayush19Crasyduck 22 votes
Don't have it to awnser
12%
Hammerbro_64Moot4Lifedeepblack12StellanDoctor_Strange19MathgeekShish15VercingetorixBatman_bruce31 9 votes
Don't use it to awnser
4%
SnizzbarMasterpuffMuffinBrain 3 votes

Comments

• SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

I have read this 4 times and I still have no idea what you are trying to ask

I believe he means if you find the mastery useful
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    No

Qacob said:

I have read this 4 times and I still have no idea what you are trying to ask

I believe he means if you find the mastery useful
    Right yeah I think I was just being dumb.

I don't have it but I don't imagine it would be too useful because:

1. It's only a chance
    2. A heavy to the block is still gonna deal a fair amount of block damage so I would always try to go for the dex anyways, even if I was in the corner.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    No
    The only real advantage is AWD, as people don't expect it. Other than that, no use at all. It isn't a reliable fail safe.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Don't have it to awnser

Its rng. But not a bad mastery but its a CHANCE. So its not that dependable.

no
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Don't have it to awnser
    Qacob said:

Moot4Life said:

Its rng. But not a bad mastery but its a CHANCE. So its not that dependable.

no
    Well damn, you win.
    Thanks!
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    No
    There was a point in time when I did find it useful, but if you really want to progress as a player, you should almost never get caught with a heavy - even against the wall. I found taking it off and having to deal with the effects of being caught with a heavy, forced me to have to learn how to avoid them, instead of hoping on RNG.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    I’m super confused. Is stant your ground one of those coming soon masteries or something?
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Yes
    It has saved me countless times. You also need the points for WP anyways, so most people have it.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    No

It has saved me countless times. You also need the points for WP anyways, so most people have it.

I think you’re better served putting points into physical resistance, it helps minimize chip damage.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Yes

There was a point in time when I did find it useful, but if you really want to progress as a player, you should almost never get caught with a heavy - even against the wall. I found taking it off and having to deal with the effects of being caught with a heavy, forced me to have to learn how to avoid them, instead of hoping on RNG.

that's a fair point, but personally, it is a very rare occurrence to get caught with a heavy, and it really only happens in somewhere like arena where I'm probably watching something on my monitor and I'm distracted. I don't particularly care for any of the other masteries that I don't have, so I like having some points in there for a saftey net when I'm not doing anything that needs a safety net? did that make any sense lol?

edit: oh yeah I also love willpower no matter what people say about it, so I need extra points for it
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Yes

I think you’re better served putting points into physical resistance, it helps minimize chip damage.
    I actually might try that. how much does it help?
  • Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    No
    If you are a new player then it would be beneficial to have it till you learn to memorize the heavy of all champs. Once you have the heavy of each champ then use the points somewhere useful like despair or MD or deep wounds
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Physical Resistance is the way to go if youre running willpower
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I am taking 4 points out from it and put 3 in MD and another in DW.

Going to be costly.