**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why CapIW doesn't remove Thing's Unstoppable?

Title. I'm a new CapIW player, but even with his charges on he is not able to counter thing's Unstoppable why? It is a active us buff too not a passive one.
Or is it visually bugged to be an active buff which is actually a passive buff?

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    DeQueue said:

Lvernon15 said:

Thing is nullify immune

Oh I see. So the only way to remove Thing's us is slow?
    Yes, pretty much
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    DeQueue said:

Lvernon15 said:

Thing is nullify immune

Yes and no
    Slow only prevents it, future unstoppable effects from triggering after applying. Active slow effects will still work
    Tested this on thing vs STealthy trigger his unstoppable stunned him and managed to trigger a slow while it was up

The only character that can counter things unstoppable to my knowledge is she hulk. She has an incredibly unique and not talked about mechanic that specifically states “removes “ unstoppable effects plus her heavy is not able to be interrupted. This seems like a silly statement That I’m over exaggerating but in reality it makes a big difference since it interacts differently than something like nullify. Test it out yourself
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

DeQueue said:

Lvernon15 said:

Thing is nullify immune

Yes and no
    Slow only prevents it, future unstoppable effects from triggering after applying. Active slow effects will still work
    Tested this on thing vs STealthy trigger his unstoppable stunned him and managed to trigger a slow while it was up

The only character that can counter things unstoppable to my knowledge is she hulk. She has an incredibly unique and not talked about mechanic that specifically states “removes “ unstoppable effects plus her heavy is not able to be interrupted. This seems like a silly statement That I’m over exaggerating but in reality it makes a big difference since it interacts differently than something like nullify. Test it out yourself
    If only shehulk didn't activate protection so much...
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    DeQueue said:

Title. I'm a new CapIW player, but even with his charges on he is not able to counter thing's Unstoppable why? It is a active us buff too not a passive one.
    Or is it visually bugged to be an active buff which is actually a passive buff?

Only slow debuff works against thing unstoppable but this also not necessary. U can play against thing with any champ. U need to maintain his those charge, I forgot it’s name. While at 15 charge don't hit him and force him to use his special and hit him. Continue the rotation.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Mayis said:

DeQueue said:

Lvernon15 said:

Thing is nullify immune

I assume Claires buff immunity thing can prevent that, but I didn't ever tested it
    It only has a 50% chance to apply against science champs, so if it fails to apply, you are pretty much screwed since her sp2 has so many hits.