**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Showdown Fairness?!

I wanted to know about the fairness of the summoner showdown tournament. I feel that I'm a very skilled player that has a good chance with the tournament but i don't run the suicide masteries.

Will there be anything done for that?

Comments

• The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Arsoz said:

Its only for cav players and most cavs got sucides so git gud scrub

It’s very apparent you’re no older than 16 by how you simply comment
    [Edit] I peeked your profile
    You asked for some help about champs a scrub would ask, nice
    Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Its only for cav players and most cavs got sucides so git gud scrub

My whole alliance is cavalier and only 5-6 of them run suicides.

My 2 other friends are cavalier and don’t run suicides.

Your statement is false.
    I never said all i said most your alliance isnt the whole of cavaliers
    By this logic I could say most games are like kabam when it comes to marketing
    In technically I’m right but you sound dumb saying it since it’s just a huge guess
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    You can grind out the units to unlock suicides if it bothers you that much. Which is what a lot of people, myself included, do.

You can also choose not to run them and not have to worry about any potential heal block nodes and not being able to fire off as many special attacks as you'd like.

There's trade offs to both.
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    SS07 said:

I wanted to know about the fairness of the summoner showdown tournament. I feel that I'm a very skilled player that has a good chance with the tournament but i don't run the suicide masteries.

What kind of fairness do you want? Suicide mastery is there, you are unable to unlock it, it's either you are low level players and kid yourself that you are good, or you don't know how to save some easy units for them and it show your low intelligence. You can do nothing even with suicide mastery as a gift so don't waste our time.
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★

SS07 said:

What kind of fairness do you want? Suicide mastery is there, you are unable to unlock it, it's either you are low level players and kid yourself that you are good, or you don't know how to save some easy units for them and it show your low intelligence. You can do nothing even with suicide mastery as a gift so don't waste our time.
    so basically if you don't have suicides, you suck at the game and have a low intelligence level?
    Suicides are bad for at least 90% of the champs in the game. They are also expensive to put on and off. Its simply not worth it for many players, especially F2P ones
    OP stood from high horse telling people that he is great and will win but he can't open suicide mastery so Kabam needs to stop others using it. What kind of attitude is that?

• Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    While I get the point you do realize that in the end this is a pay to win game for the most part.

Maybe they will find a way to make suicides not desirable but if not may need to shell out that money or put in the grind for units to compete.
  • GotszbotGotszbot Posts: 236
    Lol good luck. Because even if you do or don't run suicides you'll still need those max attack and boost items
  • Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    You don’t need suicides for it I am cavalier and I have never used them. what has benefited me the most playing the game is learning how to play against all champs. I spent over 2 hours a day in my first year doing the 1v1 arena just to learn how to fight anyone. I paid attention to how they use heavy attacking and know most all specials in the game and I just committed to memory the movements which I return got me better at baiting specials and playing better
  • Clarkkent76Clarkkent76 Posts: 282
    If you've been playing long enough to be Cavalier you'll have had enough units pass through your hands to unlock every mastery on the board, and this is the smart thing to do with them. Once you're in the Abyss or back lanes of act 6 its basic good practice to amend your masteries to benefit the champs you're using and the nodes you're up against.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    Tldr: it's fair whether you personally have suicides or not

It's an even playing field. Masteries are open to all, everyone can get units for free. Now how they are spent is up to the individual. Either on completig content, crystals or masteries. Choices have been made so if it benefits one group over another the same information has been available for all. Its like when corvus went into arenas first time. Same info for everyone, some people saw potential and got him with a low score.

With this specific challenge, if it's a high health pool only then may benefit suicides for time completed. If it's only taking damage from sp1 node, for example, it disadvantages them. So people who have them have the choice of removing them, people who dont can add them if they want.
  • SS07SS07 Posts: 8
    @Speedro420 it costs around 15k units to unlock the suicide masteries, that’s not really easy to get and especially in such a short time. Regardless of suicides, I believe in my ability to play the game and I can’t wait to showcase my skills.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    SS07 said:

That isn't about fairness.. that's about choice.. you have made the choice (to this point) not to obtain those masteries.. it could be due to cost or other reasons. As you made that choice.. I suppose it is fair that you now see the value in those masteries..
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    HI_guys said:

How is it unfair? You want to talk about unfair talk about champ acquisition and champs that rely on RNG. A PLayer with better luck will get better time if RNG favours them.

That’s why the event is restricted to 4* champs, you’d need horrible luck not to already have all the champs if you’ve been playing for a couple years.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

SS07 said:

That isn't about fairness.. that's about choice.. you have made the choice (to this point) not to obtain those masteries.. it could be due to cost or other reasons. As you made that choice.. I suppose it is fair that you now see the value in those masteries..
    That's not exactly a good argument. Sure summoners make many different choices throughout their time in the contest. Should that effect their ability to compete in the summoner showdown? Not at all. If winning this challenge requires suicides then it'll be huge letdown.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

SS07 said:

That's not exactly a good argument. Sure summoners make many different choices throughout their time in the contest. Should that effect their ability to compete in the summoner showdown? Not at all. If winning this challenge requires suicides then it'll be huge letdown.
    But I don't get why an ideal setup damage-wise shouldn't be an advantage. Using the ideal counter for the fights is an advantage. Why shouldn't masteries come into play?
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Does anybody know of there was an option to choose masteries on nycc based on your account?
    Anyway I'd expect them to have same masteries for everyone, or have no masteries active, or everyone having an option to choose any active masteries for that specific fights