**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A few forum improvement ideas

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
TL;DR A reply function, an archive/close thread function, and an off topic section of the forums.

1. Reply function
As the name suggests, I think it would be great if there was a way to directly reply to a certain comment to keep all discussion on that particular point in one place, and removes the necessity to quote potentially huge chunks of texts to indicate who you are responding to. The quote function should still exist, but that would keep stuff like intense discussion on a buff versus a passive, or even the meme thread manageable and not choked up with walls upon walls of text. Hopefully it would be collapsible so if there is a thread you don’t care to go through, it takes barely a second to get past. It could also be implemented similar to Reddit how upvoting/downvoting moves comments up and down (this should not be the case for posts or parent comments, however).

2. Archive/close thread function
I don’t really see a reason not to allow users to close their own threads. Or after a year of inactivity, a thread gets archived, ie comment locked (no necroposting, yay!)

3. Off topic section
Not that they aren’t occasionally fun, but lately I feel like a lot of threads are completely irrelevant to game discussion, or at the very least devolve into whatever the insightful meme has mutated into. It’s a bit annoying to sift through, especially since there is also the usual saturation of “Compensation when???” posts and the like, so much so that purposeful discussions get buried. An off topic section would be fun, separate the memes from the game talk, etc. Obviously there would need to be some ground rules so there aren’t posts like, “What did you guys eat for lunch today?”, but I think it would be good to add this partition of the forums back nonetheless.

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I remember @Kabam Kaylee was handling forum improvements way back when, so maybe you are the right person to tag still?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    all of these ideas are really good. hopefully they add them in or consider something like them
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yeah, they’re all great ideas

Also, remove the need for a comment to be approved. It's annoying when I go back into my comment to edit a single typo and then the filter interprets it as spam. I could see why it's there, but couldn't the mods just manually delete spam?

Yeah they might need to change a edit submission to be distinguished from a post. Depending on how they set up the forums, shouldn’t be too crazy to change.
    Oh wow I can’t believe I didn’t think of this:

A built in video-to-gif converter would be great. Or just a way in general to get videos on the forums outside of YouTube.

This would probably be the hardest to implement of everything suggested, but it would also help report bugs and create how-to’s more easily.

It would also make champion spotlights easier for Kabam to make for the instances where it is needed (like SorSup’s spotlight). They could showcase their special animations for example.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    There should also be a way to follow a particular post. Currently the only way now is to allow notifications for all discussions you have participated in with no way to turn them off. It clutters my notifications. Waking up to 100 notifications of discussions I'm no longer interested in is not a good way to start my day
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Lols should count towards points for stars
    Chikel said:

There should also be a way to follow a particular post. Currently the only way now is to allow notifications for all discussions you have participated in with no way to turn them off. It clutters my notifications. Waking up to 100 notifications of discussions I'm no longer interested in is not a good way to start my day

Uhh, you can? Star it.