**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can a 5/50 awakened Sentinel do any part of Variant 3? Also, tips?

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
Basically what the title says. My alliance mates have been completing some variants, and I feel like I should go for at least chapter one of V3 if I can.
I can post roster picks and such if need be, along with masteries or whatever.

Any other tips would be appreciated, such as team composition and easy paths.

Thanks in advance, me.

Comments

• CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    You can even explore with him but maybe it's better to do completion then wait for more options. Usually the best team is full of techs for increase debuff duration (some paths can be done only by Stark spider with 3 techs + miles/kamala and stun lock)
    Easy paths for Sentinel (at least for me)
    - 1.1 - Bleed path. For Magneto, learn how to dodge both specials, do some heavies and nothing to worry
    - 1.2 - Both of left paths, probably far left. Try to shock or intercept the boss
    - 2.1 - debilitate path. Easy path and easy boss, just be careful when he has regen, he is unblockable
    - 2.2 - far left, maybe domino can be a trouble but nothing more. Easy boss just be careful to dodge a lot of specials
    - 3.1 - can choose one of left paths, easy boss just need bleed imune against him
    - 3.2 - crumbling armor if you can deal with Havok. Heavy and sp2 with Sentinel and Kang boss don't heal
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Ciciliato said:

You can even explore with him but maybe it's better to do completion then wait for more options. Usually the best team is full of techs for increase debuff duration (some paths can be done only by Stark spider with 3 techs + miles/kamala and stun lock)
    Easy paths for Sentinel (at least for me)
    - 1.1 - Bleed path. For Magneto, learn how to dodge both specials, do some heavies and nothing to worry
    - 1.2 - Both of left paths, probably far left. Try to shock or intercept the boss
    - 2.1 - debilitate path. Easy path and easy boss, just be careful when he has regen, he is unblockable
    - 2.2 - far left, maybe domino can be a trouble but nothing more. Easy boss just be careful to dodge a lot of specials
    - 3.1 - can choose one of left paths, easy boss just need bleed imune against him
    - 3.2 - crumbling armor if you can deal with Havok. Heavy and sp2 with Sentinel and Kang boss don't heal

Thanks! So def need three techs with Sentinel, since I don’t really have a Starky.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    That's what I did. He worked great for every fight. Use as many other techs as possible. If you have a Ghost, I'd say she's better for V3 than Sentinel is, she'll work great for any evade champs that that annoying Cyclops in the... final chapter I think? A IMIW or Warlock would be helpful for the final Kang. Using Sentinel can be a bit rough. Either of them makes it easy. Either way, you can use Sentinel in literally every fight in completion. Just try it, it'd be worth it even to complete the first chapter. And if you can do that, the second chapter's easier. Plus it's a genuinely enjoyable piece of content, have fun with it my dude!
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    have you done v4 yet? completion is insanely easy

i struggle with the namor
    Etjama said:

Unless you don't have a 1* Wolverine or Black Panther. Otherwise that Moon Knight's a pain. I had to use so many revives with my only 1*, Juggs.
    you did the entire thing with juggernaut? Why is that so funny?

Etjama said:

Unless you don't have a 1* Wolverine or Black Panther. Otherwise that Moon Knight's a pain. I had to use so many revives with my only 1*, Juggs.
    It's not, don't know why I got an lol. That Moon Knight was just really rough with him.

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

It's not, don't know why I got an lol. That Moon Knight was just really rough with him.
    you’ve got an lol because it’s juggernaut- I just i can’t- I’m wheezing-
    Now that's an lol.
  • Berlad8Berlad8 Posts: 114

Basically what the title says. My alliance mates have been completing some variants, and I feel like I should go for at least chapter one of V3 if I can.
    I can post roster picks and such if need be, along with masteries or whatever.

Any other tips would be appreciated, such as team composition and easy paths.

Thanks in advance, me.

I completed variant 3 with sentinal almost alone.
    he was my only tech champ and he was unawekend at rank 3.

only in the last chapter i used other champs in the all or nothing/ power shield path.

This variant was made for sentinal,so if you have him awakend at rank 5 you can easily complete it.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

yeah that's true. the moon knight bosses are super annoying. there's also those ambushes
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

The way you wrote it actaully had me crying. I can almost visualize you slowly clearing a path with him and slapping away at moon knight for who knows how long.
    Lol, that's exactly how it went. 😂
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Luckily for you, I explored Variant 3 less than a week ago so it is still fresh in my mind.

To simply answer your question, yes, a 5/50 awakened Sentinel would be able to complete, if not explore variant 3. I had my unawakened 5 star Sentinel at 3/45 for most of exploration, and I only decided to r4 him for the final few paths which proved to be quite difficult.

I would recommend you begin in the first chapter and ideally explore it. Why you may ask? Well that’s because both Magnetos are getting buffed in a few weeks and we don’t know how annoying they’re going to be to fight with new mechanics. At the moment, Sentinel makes those 2 Magneto bosses a piece of cake. The only notable hard fights in Chapter 1 are a stun immune Howard the Duck (can’t prevent thunderquack) and a stun immune Korg.

Most of Variant 3 is quite straightforward if you have a 5/50 / 3/45 Sentinel or higher. You can EASILY go for a completion at the bare minimum, which has some awesome rewards in itself.

Now onto the notable boss/miniboss fights:

1.1 Magneto: Use Sentinel
    1.2 Magneto: Use Sentinel
    2.1 Wolverine: Use Sentinel
    2.2 Storm: Use Sentinel (really fun fight actually)
    3.1 Colossus: Use Sentinel (use sp1 to armor break or else it will be almost impossible to kill him because of all that armor)
    3.2 Kang: Use Sentinel
    - This Kang boss looks so much harder than he actually is. At 100 analysis, your shocks and incinerates will last quite a long time, meaning you won’t have to worry about his Regen timer (selective timestream). Couple that with the double damage that Sentinel gains and Kang will be sorted in no time.

As you can see, Sentinel can handle every boss fight in variant 3 with ease.

Now to the elephant in the room: 3.1 Rogue

This is the toughest fight in all of Variant 3. She regens 1% health per second and has mighty charge unstoppable + debuff immune, meaning she’ll shrug off any heal block Debuffs (rendering Sentinel’s sp1 useless). I tried using my 4/55 Sentinel max boosted against this Rogue by throwing sp2s more more damage and I still could only get her to 50% cuz of that MASSIVE regen. Because I wasn’t able to take her down with Sentinel, I decided to r5 my 4 star Warlock because he can passively heal block Rogue, meaning she won’t shrug off his infection. With Warlock, this is an absolutely free fight as she doesn’t heal at all + he’s a tech champion so he has no reduced attack. Looking back, I’m pretty sure I could’ve done that fight with a r4 4* Warlock as well so there’s no need to r5 him.

I hope this helped. Good luck in Variant 3! You can do it!

Luckily for you, I explored Variant 3 less than a week ago so it is still fresh in my mind.

To simply answer your question, yes, a 5/50 awakened Sentinel would be able to complete, if not explore variant 3. I had my unawakened 5 star Sentinel at 3/45 for most of exploration, and I only decided to r4 him for the final few paths which proved to be quite difficult.

I would recommend you begin in the first chapter and ideally explore it. Why you may ask? Well that’s because both Magnetos are getting buffed in a few weeks and we don’t know how annoying they’re going to be to fight with new mechanics. At the moment, Sentinel makes those 2 Magneto bosses a piece of cake. The only notable hard fights in Chapter 1 are a stun immune Howard the Duck (can’t prevent thunderquack) and a stun immune Korg.

Most of Variant 3 is quite straightforward if you have a 5/50 / 3/45 Sentinel or higher. You can EASILY go for a completion at the bare minimum, which has some awesome rewards in itself.

3.1 Colossus: Use Sentinel (use sp1 to armor break or else it will be almost impossible to kill him because of all that armor)
    - This Kang boss looks so much harder than he actually is. At 100 analysis, your shocks and incinerates will last quite a long time, meaning you won’t have to worry about his Regen timer (selective timestream). Couple that with the double damage that Sentinel gains and Kang will be sorted in no time.

This is the toughest fight in all of Variant 3. She regens 1% health per second and has mighty charge unstoppable + debuff immune, meaning she’ll shrug off any heal block Debuffs (rendering Sentinel’s sp1 useless). I tried using my 4/55 Sentinel max boosted against this Rogue by throwing sp2s more more damage and I still could only get her to 50% cuz of that MASSIVE regen. Because I wasn’t able to take her down with Sentinel, I decided to r5 my 4 star Warlock because he can passively heal block Rogue, meaning she won’t shrug off his infection. With Warlock, this is an absolutely free fight as she doesn’t heal at all + he’s a tech champion so he has no reduced attack. Looking back, I’m pretty sure I could’ve done that fight with a r4 4* Warlock as well so there’s no need to r5 him.

any paths you’d suggest for initial clear?
    Also, Mysterio for the Rogue it is.

Mysterio is a great option as well.

As for the initial clear, I literally watched Seatin's video of the easy paths and did them so I would recommend you do that as well.

As for the initial clear, I literally watched Seatin's video of the easy paths and did them so I would recommend you do that as well.
    Ah. I’m not necessarily looking at exploration, just at least completion of the first chapter.

Ah. I’m not necessarily looking at exploration, just at least completion of the first chapter.
    Al

Ight

I would recommend the left path in the first quest (bleed and poison). Super easy cuz Sentinel is immune to both. No hard fights.

I would recommend the far left path in the second quest as well as it is the easiest of the paths.
    Update:

BRUHHHHHHHHH

Update:

BRUHHHHHHHHH

Hop into the arena, don't leave the quest

Update:

BRUHHHHHHHHH

I know. but like I have boosts on and can’t get the right amount before they expire

Update:

BRUHHHHHHHHH

I know. but like I have boosts on and can’t get the right amount before they expire
    Rippppp

I soloed that fight with a 3/45 5* Sentinel almost every time except the first time. Once you beat him the first time, it'll get a lot easier.

Update:

BRUHHHHHHHHH

Rippppp

I soloed that fight with a 3/45 5* Sentinel almost every time except the first time. Once you beat him the first time, it'll get a lot easier.
    Yeah. Lost most of my revives to Wasp/Groot

Update:

BRUHHHHHHHHH

Rippppp

Bruh Wasp is the first fight on the path, you should've just restarted the quest till you get the solo smh.
    Did you get Magneto down yet?

Update:

BRUHHHHHHHHH

Rippppp

Bruh Wasp is the first fight on the path, you should've just restarted the quest till you get the solo smh.
    im too stubborn

Did you get Magneto down yet?

No. I’ve got other stuff to do today so I can’t just grind out the units rn. I’ll try later today.

Update:

BRUHHHHHHHHH

Rippppp

im too stubborn
    as all everton fans are