**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why am I being taxed $7 for rank up offers??

MixalisMixalis Posts: 875 ★★★
Price is $69.99 and total is coming out to be $76.99. The rank up offer went from rank a 5* champion from rank 1 to 5 and when paged refreshed it says to rank 4 only. What gives? @Kabam Miike

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Mixalis said:

Why am I paying for something that initially said something else? False advertising.

Because Murica?
    edited August 2020
    God damn double post...
    Mixalis said:

ItsDamien said:

Mixalis said:

Why am I paying for something that initially said something else? False advertising.

Because Murica?
    You don't get taxed 7 bucks for a 70 dollar offer. I pay less taxes for a $100 deal
    Depends on what state and what store front you're using. If you're using Apple, they apply state taxes after the fact.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
    The receipt should explain what taxes were paid.
    Mixalis said:

ItsDamien said:

God damn double post...

Get off my thread Damien lol. They switched the offer. It was originally a offer to rank 5 a champion.
    I meant it as in the forums doubled my post. Not your post was doubled.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Im dumb ignore this
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    Basically kabam makes it a specific price so think of it as a MSRP
    (Manufacture Suggested Retail Price) anything after thank is subject to laws in place such as taxes, place where it’s being sold so in this case google play it apple store

You can’t blame Kabam

They are not going to make it cheaper so you can get it at 69 (nice) bucks
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Kind wil like to said the in game ma said rank 1 to 4. So not 5
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I get the post, and agree with you op, but what was the title about?
    U might confused from the 4 star’s ones
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    First of all you clearly said why were you being taxed 7 bucks. That’s been addressed

Second dudes thread is still up

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Kabam doesn't tax anything. All prices are the same across the board, tax-free. The platforms add applicable Taxes and Duties based on your area.
    Mixalis said:

First of all you clearly said why were you being taxed 7 bucks. That’s been addressed

BECAUSE THEY SWITCHED THE OFFER! The price and tax don't reflect the offer that's there currently. I've spent thousands on this game. I am aware of the tax issued to each price.
    They didn't switch the offer. Switching the offer implies that the 4-5 5* gem was in the offer from the beginning and that's not the case.

The notification was incorrect and stated "Fully" but let's be real, it's been a long time that they've offered a 4-5 5* gem in any deal that wasn't based on a special time.
    That test is just misleading read in game mail first ther never change anything
    Mixalis said:

ItsDamien said:

Mixalis said:

BECAUSE THEY SWITCHED THE OFFER! The price and tax don't reflect the offer that's there currently. I've spent thousands on this game. I am aware of the tax issued to each price.
    They didn't switch the offer. Switching the offer implies that the 4-5 5* gem was in the offer from the beginning and that's not the case.

The notification was incorrect and stated "Fully" but let's be real, it's been a long time that they've offered a 4-5 5* gem in any deal that wasn't based on a special time.
    They screwed up the marketing on offers twice in a row. It's false advertising.
    It wasn't twice in a row. That's factually incorrect as well. Twice in one week would be correct. But either way, the tax issue has been explained and no one will dispute that the notification was misleading.
This discussion has been closed.