**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How can this be “working as intended”?

In this war that just finished I noticed in the war room that it said my alliance was tier 4 with the 4.5 multiplier however we were placing champs on the tier 3 map. I contacted support and they informed me that if we matched with a tier 3 alliance we would play on the tier 3 map so things were “working as intended”. I asked the opposing alliance in chat once the attack phase started and they confirmed they showed tier 3 in their war room. This is fine but how can it make any sense that both alliances are not using the same multiplier for points scored? We ended up winning the war but the losing alliance scored just as many points as we did since they had the benefit of a x6 multiplier. It seems a bit odd to me that both teams are not always playing for the same amount of potential points.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Matchmaking does a coin flip. If it lands on T3, you play on T3 nodes/map. If you land on T4 then you play those nodes. It's the way it always has worked.

They have earned the x6 multiplier and they don't lose it and you don't gain it just because you match with a T3 alliance.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    This is something that has always bugged me. If the alliances matched are 2 different tiers. The higher tier nodes and miltiplier should always be used for both alliances. It is not fair that one alliance can get more points for the same war! It's just stupid and unfair.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

They have earned the x6 multiplier and they don't lose it and you don't gain it just because you match with a T3 alliance.

Then there should be no coin flip as you say. You play on the Map according to your tier. Either matchmaking shouldn't match such alliances, or give both the higher multiplier. This isn't AQ where points on the same Map comes according to prestige.
  • david_bannerdavid_banner Posts: 2
    -sixate- said:

This is something that has always bugged me. If the alliances matched are 2 different tiers. The higher tier nodes and miltiplier should always be used for both alliances. It is not fair that one alliance can get more points for the same war! It's just stupid and unfair.

Agreed. I am surprised I have never run into it before as I have been playing since the beginning but guess I have never been borderline between tiers. Talking to some friends though they have informed me it is pretty common and it baffles me that “this is just the way it is”
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

Then there should be no coin flip as you say. You play on the Map according to your tier. Either matchmaking shouldn't match such alliances, or give both the higher multiplier. This isn't AQ where points on the same Map comes according to prestige.
    If you do that, you run the risk of not matching. This type of match up is usually because both alliances are on the edge of each of their respective tiers.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

If you do that, you run the risk of not matching. This type of match up is usually because both alliances are on the edge of each of their respective tiers.
    Then multipliers should be the same. You shouldn't have to fight a harder Map for lesser points. It's pretty stupid. Both teams should be fighting for the same amount of points from a war.