**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

BWCV Buff immunity bug

HI_guysHI_guys Posts: 4,897 ★★★★★
I was fighting Hyperion in act6.2.6 with mystic conditioning 3.0 .

I use my sp2 with BWCV but his power gain buff would not go away. I have never had this trouble even when fighting champs like angels and others with mystic conditioning.

The node only reduces the ability of " stagger,nullify, fate seal". Since buff immunity is none of these, it's a bug.

Also judging by a line in her spotlight that says
" An immunity purifies a pre-existing effect" which hints that the mechanism that comes into play is purification of the buff, this is definitely a bug.

Please fix this

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Arham1 said:

Angela's signature ability reduces the effectiveness of mystic nullify. I think that's the reason.

He's talking about it's interaction with Hyperion. He just used the Angela fight for illustration since he forgot to record or screenshot the Hyperion fight.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Buff immunity is a nullify system. It nullifies the moment the AI use its buff during BWCV buff immunity debuff.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Buff immunity works like nullify.
    Yes, by making the opponent immune it becomes a new type of nullify system. So making them immune to their own buffs as it gets nullified. Kinda hard to explain but it’s not an bug as buff immunity is a nullify type
    HI_guys said:

Djin said:

But it doesn't ? Nullify and stagger has those prompts. Here only an immunity pops up
    Buffs are not purified, debuffs are purified. Buffs are nullified/staggered/fate-sealed.

Buff immunity is preventing buffs by nullifying them. This explains why Angela's sig is affecting the buff immunity. In reality, it's just nullify.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    @HI_guys
    Well, BWCV's sp2 buff immunity is also acts like a nullification.
    It will purify all buffs on opponent once activated.
    You will see it very clearly if you have mystic dispersion mastery where you will get power from the nullified buffs.

Also, whenever she has a clairevoyance charge, she can consume each one to nullify a buff on opponent, whether from her own basic hits or when struck by opponent's basic hits.

Mystic Conditioning 3.0 reduces that nullification effect by 0.2% per nullify.

So the frequent you nullify, the less effective it is.

Conclusion: Not a bug
    But if your intention is you want KABAM to change her buff immunity to prevent only future buffs on opponent but will never nullify any buffs that has existed, then I think other players that use her will go against you.

It's only one node that reduces her effectiveness in the game but you wanna make a big deal out of it? I think other players will disagree with you.

@HI_guys
    Well, BWCV's sp2 buff immunity is also acts like a nullification.
    It will purify all buffs on opponent once activated.
    You will see it very clearly if you have mystic dispersion mastery where you will get power from the nullified buffs.

Also, whenever she has a clairevoyance charge, she can consume each one to nullify a buff on opponent, whether from her own basic hits or when struck by opponent's basic hits.

Mystic Conditioning 3.0 reduces that nullification effect by 0.2% per nullify.

So the frequent you nullify, the less effective it is.

Conclusion: Not a bug

There's a small mistake in the third line.
    It should be, "It will nullify all buffs on opponent once activated."
    Normax_X said:

Djin said:

Nope, thing is nullify immune, yet u can remove the unstoppable if u manage to get a buff immunity, and if u already have it on, he wont get the unstoppable in the first place.
    If this is true, then Thing is bugged.....lol
    @Djin You clearly don't know BWCV and how her buff immunity works. You're funny
    HI_guys said:

But if your intention is you want KABAM to change her buff immunity to prevent only future buffs on opponent but will never nullify any buffs that has existed, then I think other players that use her will go against you.

It's only one node that reduces her effectiveness in the game but you wanna make a big deal out of it? I think other players will disagree with you.

A bug is a bug no matter how small it is. Also your statement on her gaining power from MD is false . She does only gains a small amount of power 4%. When purifying buffs with buff immunity
    As an everyday user of BWCV I can confirm that her 4% power gain from nullifying buffs is part of her kit and that’s true. MD just helps it get even more better. You do know that MD gives you power gain per nullified buffs? It’s adds up as BWCV power gain rate is superior to help her reach sp2 after sp2 cycle. Much of her utility is on sp2.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    Djin said:

It doesn’t. Do the mystic conditioning + resistor path in the UC EQ, she is 100% the best option for that path.
    edited August 2020
    You want me to post a proven video?
    Here it is. She will gain more power if her buff immunity nullifies more buffs when activated.

https://youtu.be/eP4YPwZPNSk
    @HI_guys
    You can nullify a buff on opponent if you have a clairevoyance charge.
    You cannot nullify the buff if you don't have the charge.
    It's simple to understand.

It's in her description.

Except for Thing. You cannot nullify his buff no matter what.
    But you can prevent his future buff if you can put Buff Immunity from her sp2 (it has 50% chance when against science).
    TP33 said:

Djin said:

It doesn’t. Do the mystic conditioning + resistor path in the UC EQ, she is 100% the best option for that path.
    Except that Buff Immunity does work as nullifier right now.
    It works like that since the beginning.
    KABAM should just put another description saying "Once Buff Immunity is activated it will nullify all buffs on opponent".

That's why after some times, you will notice her Buff Immunity doesn't nullify Hyperion's power gain buff on Mystic Conditioning 3.0 node.
    Because it has reduced effectiveness after each nullification.

Ok I'm done explaining. Hope you guys can take a deep breath and analyze how simple this issue really is.

Adios
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Djin said:

Buff immunity is not considered Nullify: BW can in fact inflict this debuff to a Thing and hit him after 15 stacks, since he is immune to get an Unstoppable Buff.
    Buff immunity is what it is: immunity. This interaction I think is a bit bugged since there is that mystical conditioning that lowers the accuracy of nullify effect, but as I stated previously, buff immunity doesn't work as a Nullify effect.
    Maybe it works as Nullify, but I should not.
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 252 ★★
    Djin said:

Buff immunity is preventing buffs by nullifying them. This explains why Angela's sig is affecting the buff immunity. In reality, it's just nullify.

What do u mean by buff cannot be purified.... It is clearly written in her mechanics that she purifies buffs through buff immunity