**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

4500 prestige Whale ready to quit over AI, block, parry, evade issues. Please fix! [Fix in Progress]

SlickpeteySlickpetey Posts: 89
edited September 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
First a little about me as I'm not some new player who doesn't know how to play this game. My prestige is 4500 or so, my base hero rating is nearly 350,000. I've completed all endgame content except 100% LoL. My alliance does 66555 AQ pretty easily and I don't typically have any difficult except maybe on the degen nodes on map 6 if Scarlet witch heal blocks me.

Since 15.0 I am spending significant amounts of units on revives and heals just to get through AQ. I mean on day 3 I completely lost all of my characters. Today is the same, died with all of them. How can this be possible? Did I suddenly just forget how to play the game? I almost never use items in AQ and now I'm reviving like no tomorrow. I've had a really hard time figuring out what exactly the issues were and have come up with this:

Blocking:
I press to block and my block either doesn't work or is too late

Parry:
People say there is nothing wrong with parry but I disagree. I would say my parry timing is spot on 90-95% of the time. Now I am getting parry off about 40% of the time. I know my timing isn't off. So then I tried to adjust my timing and still can't seem to find consistency.

Evade:
Seems to be messy on a few different heroes but my issues with evade haven't been as significant as block or parry

Artificial Intelligence:
AI is definitely behaving differently. They parry, block and dexterity evade far more than before which is fine except that they are doing it when it shouldn't be possible. Furthermore, AI is intercepting me on a very regular basis which rarely happened pre 15.0. It isn't that the AI is sped up like some people are saying (it is sped up in end game content but that isn't the issue). The issue is it is behaving different in the sense that it backs off far more than before, it recovers from combos faster, has become an intercept master.

Intercepting:
This is related to AI. I am good at intercepting. I worked very hard at learning how to do it and have practiced a lot. Now when I'm intercepting I am getting scared because about half the time when I intercept I end up getting hit instead of me hitting them. A few weeks ago this would rarely happen and when it did it was simply because I screwed up and knew I screwed up. Now I'm getting hit all the time to the point that I don't try intercept that much anymore and try rely on blocking or parrying.

The end of the day, I didn't suddenly forget how to play the game and my struggles aren't simply that I haven't adjusted to the changes (if there are changes, no one from KABAM has said there were AI changes in any patch notes)

Either way, these issues are making this game no fun for me anymore. I do spend money on this game, a lot of it actually. But I like to spend my money on special offers, crystals, changing masteries, etc and not on revives and heals on things I don't normally have to spend units on.

AW not withstanding, if block, parry, intercepting, evade, and AI aren't fixed then I will have to say goodbye to thins game and take my wallet elsewhere. It seems money is all KABAM cares about so this is the only reason I bring my wallet up.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• 0pTimus0pTimus Posts: 113
    Thanks for the honest review, i really wish more and more "whales" (no sarcasm intended what so ever) come forth and voice there opinion here. May be someone should start a thread where only high end players post there opinions.
  • GrimmGrimm Posts: 119
    Thanks for getting attention to this matter...

There is a gigantic thread on this for months now and all we have had is the usual "give us more information" stall tactics.

Not even a recognition that the issue exists.

I should have tried showing my credentials as a seasoned player too.

Anyway. I would like to say you explained it perfectly and its 100% legitimate description of this issues.
  • Next couple updates? So 2-3 months? Great...
  • Wow, a whale sets up a thread and a response is given within a half hour. I am also a whale who has been playing since 2014. I have complained about my very first issue just recently. It was concerning the 5* Punisher in the uncollected arena crystals. All I have seen is my discussion and the discussion of others get deleted.

Do we really have to post our ratings and prestige to be heard? Or just simply to receive a decent response?

Either way we want answers! If this forum will not help address we as a community will start to speak our minds in other forms of social media to prevent new players from joining this game. I will help save them from the agony of wasted time, money and literal respect wasted!
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    I haven't spent since 12.0 and will not until all the issues the OP stated are fixed
  • Same thing happen to me in AQ, except i haven't spent since 12.0 except a USD 5 for my small account to get the 675 units offer.

430k pi and played since April 2015.

Normally pre 15.0, i will have 3 healthy champs for map 5 day 5 in section 3 and score more than 1 mil points regularly without any item. Post 15.0, i would loss one or two champ before section 3 even in day 2. Luckily they nerfed the difficulty in AW, so the resources saved/bought from glory store for AW can be shifted to AQ.

I normally take immunity path+poison, in which need intercept and baiting a lot. So the timing changes to the symbiod and other champs are obvious..... previously you would have a small window to counter after baiting sym heavy, now the window shorter, need to dash forward before they land (and yet some time they will block immediately even i know they haven't even landed..., or worse, use their special)

Today, i loss 2 champs half way to section 2......

Planning to quit. But i know Kabam won't care cause i din't spend.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    wow finally a reply, spot on assessment slickpetey the intercepts have been terrible for me last few days and the parries and swipes absolutely horrible for weeks, I really can't understand the conspiracy that it's to sell more potions, because the game is so bad I have seen plenty of people joining and looking for semi/retired alliances like mine until it's fixed, the other problem is new people won't join and stay in a game that's not got good gameplay, one thing I've noticed and has been video evidence is the Ai now having two different reaches and speeds on their specials, one that's normal and one that is faster and further and catches people off guard, I actually don't mind that as a game mechanic as harder Ai is an ok idea, but it seems to be that the father one causes lag and that's when often the swipes back and parries don't work
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey @Slickpetey. I am sorry to hear that you're having these issues with combat. The team is currently working on an overhaul of a few different combat mechanics, including blocking, parrying, and evading. They're also working to refine character animations, which can further impact those mechanics. This update is looking like it'll be pushed within the next couple of updates, but we will let you know if anything changes. Thanks so much for hanging in there.

Jeez, guys. Is it that difficult to mention any possible mechanics changes in the patch notes, when you guys suddenly wanna refine character animations? Surely it's not hard but you guys choose to ignore.
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    Hey @Slickpetey. I am sorry to hear that you're having these issues with combat. The team is currently working on an overhaul of a few different combat mechanics, including blocking, parrying, and evading. They're also working to refine character animations, which can further impact those mechanics. This update is looking like it'll be pushed within the next couple of updates, but we will let you know if anything changes. Thanks so much for hanging in there.

Finally some good news. With the way it is in AW, especially older champs need a good animation overhaul. Hopefully these updates will be effective, not a slight pass on a few champs only.
  • OxCOxC Posts: 57
    How much must one spend to be considered a 'whale'?

• RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★

In the meantime, how about y'all back up those words and put a sale on those potions
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Slickpetey wrote: »
    First a little about me as I'm not some new player who doesn't know how to play this game. My prestige is 4500 or so, my base hero rating is nearly 350,000. I've completed all endgame content except 100% LoL. My alliance does 66555 AQ pretty easily and I don't typically have any difficult except maybe on the degen nodes on map 6 if Scarlet witch heal blocks me.

Since 15.0 I am spending significant amounts of units on revives and heals just to get through AQ. I mean on day 3 I completely lost all of my characters. Today is the same, died with all of them. How can this be possible? Did I suddenly just forget how to play the game? I almost never use items in AQ and now I'm reviving like no tomorrow. I've had a really hard time figuring out what exactly the issues were and have come up with this:

Blocking:
    I press to block and my block either doesn't work or is too late

Parry:
    People say there is nothing wrong with parry but I disagree. I would say my parry timing is spot on 90-95% of the time. Now I am getting parry off about 40% of the time. I know my timing isn't off. So then I tried to adjust my timing and still can't seem to find consistency.

Evade:
    Seems to be messy on a few different heroes but my issues with evade haven't been as significant as block or parry

Artificial Intelligence:
    AI is definitely behaving differently. They parry, block and dexterity evade far more than before which is fine except that they are doing it when it shouldn't be possible. Furthermore, AI is intercepting me on a very regular basis which rarely happened pre 15.0. It isn't that the AI is sped up like some people are saying (it is sped up in end game content but that isn't the issue). The issue is it is behaving different in the sense that it backs off far more than before, it recovers from combos faster, has become an intercept master.

Intercepting:
    This is related to AI. I am good at intercepting. I worked very hard at learning how to do it and have practiced a lot. Now when I'm intercepting I am getting scared because about half the time when I intercept I end up getting hit instead of me hitting them. A few weeks ago this would rarely happen and when it did it was simply because I screwed up and knew I screwed up. Now I'm getting hit all the time to the point that I don't try intercept that much anymore and try rely on blocking or parrying.

The end of the day, I didn't suddenly forget how to play the game and my struggles aren't simply that I haven't adjusted to the changes (if there are changes, no one from KABAM has said there were AI changes in any patch notes)

Either way, these issues are making this game no fun for me anymore. I do spend money on this game, a lot of it actually. But I like to spend my money on special offers, crystals, changing masteries, etc and not on revives and heals on things I don't normally have to spend units on.

AW not withstanding, if block, parry, intercepting, evade, and AI aren't fixed then I will have to say goodbye to thins game and take my wallet elsewhere. It seems money is all KABAM cares about so this is the only reason I bring my wallet up.

You forgot the random heavy attacks, especially mid combo
  • Underpar69Underpar69 Posts: 85
    Agreed, I am just amazed at how long it takes to fix issues where Kabam could pocket rewards. When we can benifit because of issue it is resolved post haste!
    Evade is my biggest pet hate at moment, next to blocking/parrying !!! I know how to evade and block ! Its just not working correctly! Fix it now!

Whale speaking: base hero rating of 470k, not spending either till fixed
    @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Miike why when you openly admit to the issues are they not resolved immeadiately in accordance with the reaction time to resolve situations where players benifit. This is costing us resources and we have to wait aprox 2 months based on the next couple of updates before it can be fixed. What about the resources used caused by theses bugs?
    I thought so no response @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    5048 prestige parked without an alliance. Log in once a day. Will not consider coming back till all is fixed including war
  • WC303WC303 Posts: 88
    Wait, so over 4500 prestige makes you a whale? Not trying to be a d*ck. Honestly didn't realize that.
  • WC303WC303 Posts: 88
    Almost my entire alliance has over 4500 prestige, and Kabam never responds to us.
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    We need to stop spending again like in 12.0.maybe then they will get the message because like this they just don't care.money is keep commimg and that is what kabam wants
  • WC303 wrote: »
    Wait, so over 4500 prestige makes you a whale? Not trying to be a d*ck. Honestly didn't realize that.

I think he was saying he spends a lot in the game. I'm nearly 5k prestige and they seem to hate me on here lately lol
  • I don't get it, **** gets so frustrating! Especially when your character doesn't block