**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

OC MCOC Character: Claudette Robinson (Lightsmith)

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
I finally got around to creating the second of my five OC characters: Claudette Robinson, also known as Lightsmith! I had a lot of fun making her and hope you guys enjoy her! I tried to make the formatting easier to read too.

Claudette Robinson (Lightsmith)
Bio:
• Claudette Robinson was only sixteen when her powers first developed. Knowing that being an Elite means putting her life on hold and retreating into the shadows to avoid detection, Claudette decided to fully embrace her newfound abilities to create and manipulate hard-light. Under the tutelage of her idol, Jett Pho—better known to the citizens of Meir City as Amp—Claudette would learn how to use her abilities to create countless constructs of hard-light to fight the criminal underbelly of Meir City. Claudette would go on to join and fight alongside the Cavalry as Lightsmith, a cunning hero who uses her constructs to help her team and hinder her enemies.

Class: Tech
PI: 5/65 Sig200 10780
6/45 Sig200 13678
Attack: 1828 (5/65)
2282 (6/45)
Health: 24894 (5/65)
32293 (6/45)
Crit Rate: 27%
Crit Damage: 175%
Armor Rating: 0%
Block Proficiency: 20%
Energy Resistance: 0%
Physical Resistance: 0%
Crit Resistance: 0%

Tags: #Hero #Elites #TheCavalry #Support #Defensive #Control

Awakened Ability: Call a Lightsmith!
• Each Discharge effect on the opponent increases Claudette’s Block Proficiency by 4%.
• Each Discharge effect on the opponent increases Claudette’s Parry-Stun duration by .05 seconds.

Hard-Light Armor:
• Hard-Light Armor grants her a permanent Armor Up Buff that increases Armor Rating to 60%, Physical Resistance to 30%, and Critical Resistance to 15%. All stat increases are lost if Armor Broken or Shattered but will remain if the Buff is Nullified. If the Armor Up Buff is removed for any reason, it will return after 8 seconds unless still under the effects of an Armor Break/Shatter.

Passive: Elite Physiology
• Claudette takes 50% reduced damage from all forms of Poison.
Passive: Moldable Light
• Depending on the time of day, Claudette will either make her constructs out Sunlight or Moonlight (7:30 AM to 7:30 PM, Claudette will use Sunlight. After that, she will use Moonlight).
Passive: Sunlight
• While making her constructs out of Sunlight, Claudette gains 75% resistance to all forms of Incinerates, Coldsnaps, and Frostbite effects. Additionally, all of Claudette’s Discharge effects deal Incinerates.
Passive Moonlight
• While making her constructs out of Moonlight, Claudette gains a permanent, passive regeneration effect that restores .05% of her total health per second (139.47 as a 5/65 and 186.47 as a 6/45). When inflicted with an Armor Break or Armor Shatter debuff, this regen is removed and returns after the debuff expires. Additionally, all of Claudette’s Discharge effects inflicts the opponent with a Regeneration Passive.
Passive: Defense
• When Defending a node, Claudette is always in her Sunlight mode.

(All Damage Numbers Represent a 5/65)
On Ending a Combo with a Light Attack: Inflicts a Discharge effect dealing 275.32 damage/regeneration over 2 seconds.
On Ending a Combo with a Medium Attack: Refreshes the duration of all active Discharge effects. Stacks of Discharge effects cannot exceed 20.

SP1: Sticks and Stones
• Claudette lunges forward and strikes the opponent with her Hard-Light Staff (4 hits).
• Each hit has a guaranteed chance to inflict the opponent with one Discharge effect, each dealing 263.45 damage/regeneration per second for 4 seconds.

SP2: That’s Not a Knife…
• Claudette throws her Hard-Light Dagger at the opponent, which splits into four more knives just before impact (5 hits).
• Each hit has a guaranteed chance to inflict the opponent with a Discharge effect, each dealing 523.45 damage/regeneration per second for 4 seconds.

SP3: Hard-Light Express
• Claudette quickly molds the light around her into a Hard-Light Bomb, which she lobs at the opponent.
• If the Hard-Light Bomb is made from Sunlight, it converts all active Incinerates into a single twenty second Passive Incinerate that deals 150 damage per second for each Incinerate removed this way. While this Incinerate Passive is active, the opponent is Heal-Blocked and has -100% Block Proficiency.
• If the Hard-Light Bomb is made from Moonlight, it places a Reversal Passive on the opponent, reducing opponent’s regeneration rate by 50% for each Regeneration effect on the opponent. This Reversal Passive lasts for ten seconds. Max: +600% Reversal. This Reversal Passive has a base 150% regen reversal rate.

Synergies:
Working on Our Night Moves: With Night Thrasher, Darkhawk, and Void
• Night Thrasher: Each Gadget Debuff reduces healing by 33%.
• Darkhawk: Darkhawk’s SP3’s Heal Block is now a Reversal Passive that reverses healing by 110%.
• Void: Increases Petrify’s potency by a flat 15%.
• Claudette: Claudette always enters the fight in her Moonlight mode.

Walking on Sunshine (Wow!): With Sunspot and Human Torch
• Sunspot: Every time Sunspot places an Incinerate on the opponent, he has a 10% to regain a Solar Charge.
• Human Torch: Every time Human Torch places an Incinerate on the opponent, he has a 10% to increase his Temperature by 5.
• Claudette: Claudette always enters the fight in her Sunlight Mode.

Where’s the Green Suit?: With Deadpool, Deadpool X-Force, Goldpool, and Platinumpool
• Deadpool: Increases Regen by 15%.
• Deadpool X-Force: Once per fight, when going below 30% health, activate a regen buff, recovering 25% of total health.
• Goldpool: All of Goldpool’s Regeneration buffs are now passives.
• Platinumpool: What? I’m good enough without synergies! (I literally have no idea what to give Plat here since he’s not even really in the game yet, I just wanted to add in all the Deadpool characters).
• Claudette: Claudette’s Hard-Light Armor grants her an additional 100% Armor Rating.

The Cavalry: With El Salvador, Amp, and Championess
• All Champions except for Claudette: The first time activating a special attack in a fight grants a Regen passive that heals 15% of missing health.

Recruitment Drive: With Amp
• Amp: Shattered debuffs last for an additional 5 seconds.
• Claudette: Each Incinerate on the opponent reduces the chance for Tenacity (or other shrug off mechanic) to trigger by 10%.

Claudette’s Moonlight mode is meant to be an incredibly high-risk-high-reward playstyle as for the majority of the fight, you will actually be healing your opponent and keeping them at 100% health instead of dealing damage. The ideal playstyle for the Moonlight mode is to build up to a Sp2 and continuously cycle using them until you reach the max of 20 Regen passive before going to an Sp3 to get the Reversal Passive. This Reversal Passive will bypass any sort of immunities to ordinary damage (except for champs like Sinister who can’t have their regen rate reduced below 0 and champs like The Champion and Weapon X who are immune to Petrifies) and bypasses resistances. In order to keep the Regen Passives (or Incinerates) up and to stack them up as high as possible, the ideal playstyle is parry-double-medium to keep refreshing the Discharge effects durations and to give the opponent as little power as possible. Claudette’s awakened ability further allows her to make better use of this playstyle by giving her increased Block Proficiency and Parry Stun duration. She has her Night Moves/Walking on Sunshine synergies to give players an option to choose which mode she fights in, so if you don’t want to play the risky style of her Moonlight mode, you can use Darkhawk, Night Thrasher, or Void to always fight in her guaranteed damage and safer Sunlight mode. I created the Moonlight mode to bypass annoying nodes like Debuff Immunity, Safeguard, Cornered, Masochism, and Clapback. I think the difficulty of getting the massive damage off her Sp2 (as it requires you to be able to stun and a very aggressive playstyle) serves as its own check, but nodes like Lionheart and Picture of Health prevent her from accessing this damage.
As a Defender, Claudette will always be in Sunlight mode, this is because if she were to defend in Moonlight mode, she’d be an absolute joke of a Defender.
As an Attacker, Claudette—like all Elites—gains a large benefit from the Suicide Masteries since her reduction to Poison damage allows her to regen the health back from Double Edge and Recoil. Her Hard-Light Armor Up buff allows to counter Havok, though she is only a viable counter in her Moonlight mode since she has no real way to deal meaningful damage in her Sunlight mode when the opponent is Incinerate Immune. Her low health and basic attack values offset the massive damage she can get via her Discharge effects and her Sp3. Armor Break, Armor Shatter, Power Control, and Incinerate Immune champs will make Claudette a relatively straightforward defender.

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    moonlight mode seems very interesting. I don't want to be playing her at midnight though lol(assuming I don't have the synergy champs)
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,682 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Regarding base stats:

1) If her prestige at 5/65 is 10780, then at 6/45 (did you mean 6/35?) it would definitely be above 13678.

2) Her base attack, HP and Block Proficiency are TOO low. For a 5/65 on average should be about 2400, 33000 and 64%respectively. If you wanted one to be really low, you'd have to balance it by raising the other. But as they stand, they're all really too low. She'd get knocked out before she'd have the time to build up her charges and convert them into Block Proficiency.

The concept is really cool though, excited to read it all.

Edit: Philosoraptor mode. What if I brought synergy partners for both Working on Night Moves and Walking on Sunshine. Which would she activate? 🤔

Edit 2: ".. you can use Darkhawk, Night Thrasher, or Void to always fight in her guaranteed damage and safer Sunlight mode." Should be corrected to Sunspot / Human Torch.

Last edit: This is awesome. The mechanics are very creative and she seems like she would have some cool animations. Keep em coming.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Regarding base stats:

1) If her prestige at 5/65 is 10780, then at 6/45 (did you mean 6/35?) it would definitely be above 13678.

2) Her base attack, HP and Block Proficiency are TOO low. For a 5/65 on average should be about 2400, 33000 and 64%respectively. If you wanted one to be really low, you'd have to balance it by raising the other. But as they stand, they're all really too low. She'd get knocked out before she'd have the time to build up her charges and convert them into Block Proficiency.

Edit: Philosoraptor mode. What if I brought synergy partners for both Working on Night Moves and Walking on Sunshine. Which would she activate? 🤔

Edit 2: ".. you can use Darkhawk, Night Thrasher, or Void to always fight in her guaranteed damage and safer Sunlight mode." Should be corrected to Sunspot / Human Torch.

Last edit: This is awesome. The mechanics are very creative and she seems like she would have some cool animations. Keep em coming.

Thanks! I was having some trouble figuring out how to balance her Health, BP, and base attack, your advice helps a lot. I wanted her BP to counteract her low health and attack, but didn’t want it to be too high since she gains a lot from her awakened ability. I think I’ll raise her attack to 2135 as a 5:65 and 2636 as a 3/45 (6r3, I messed up the numbers) and increase her base block proficiency back to 60% (that’s what it was originally before I thought it was too good). That way she’s actually playable lol unawakened. I do want to keep her health low to offset her damage output and block proficiency. I had her base attack low because I wanted the bulk of her damage to come from her Discharge effects.
    I’ll make those changes when I make the final post.
    Thanks so much!

moonlight mode seems very interesting. I don't want to be playing her at midnight though lol(assuming I don't have the synergy champs)

I worded it badly, but Moonlight mode is accessible (without synergies) at 7:31 PM. That way people can still use it without staying up too late.
    Rookiie said:

Regarding base stats:

About the Walking on Sunshine/Night Moves synergy question, I was thinking about that too. My assumption was that people wouldn’t bring in both, but I think if they do, then it will be a 50/50 chance for either one to be active at the start of the fight.

Rookiie said:

Regarding base stats:

Thanks! I was having some trouble figuring out how to balance her Health, BP, and base attack, your advice helps a lot. I wanted her BP to counteract her low health and attack, but didn’t want it to be too high since she gains a lot from her awakened ability. I think I’ll raise her attack to 2135 as a 5:65 and 2636 as a 3/45 (6r3, I messed up the numbers) and increase her base block proficiency back to 60% (that’s what it was originally before I thought it was too good). That way she’s actually playable lol unawakened. I do want to keep her health low to offset her damage output and block proficiency. I had her base attack low because I wanted the bulk of her damage to come from her Discharge effects.
    I’ll make those changes when I make the final post.
    Thanks so much!
    Anytime man. Looking forward to the final post!

Rookiie said:

Regarding base stats:

About the Walking on Sunshine/Night Moves synergy question, I was thinking about that too. My assumption was that people wouldn’t bring in both, but I think if they do, then it will be a 50/50 chance for either one to be active at the start of the fight.
    Yeah that makes sense! Or it could be overruled by the current time of day!
    Oh by the way, if I may suggest. It would be cool if, while making her constructs out if sunlight, she gains some sort of ability accuracy reduction effect (sunlight can be blinding); instead of resistance effects (since she already gains some from her Armor Up). Just a thought!
    Rookiie said:

Oh by the way, if I may suggest. It would be cool if, while making her constructs out if sunlight, she gains some sort of ability accuracy reduction effect (sunlight can be blinding); instead of resistance effects (since she already gains some from her Armor Up). Just a thought!

Hm, I like that!
    Also, if anyone can tell how to properly calculate PI, that'd be great!
  • There's a much higher chance your character could be added to the game in a future update if you post your idea in the dedicated thread, located HERE. If you haven't already, head on over there to share your suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.