**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War points/rank problems?

SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
So after the 7th war we are sitting on Tier 3 in P3 on rank 6.
(we dropped down from T2 with the alliance cleanup/ nice btw in the middle of the season kabam πŸ‘πŸ»)

So we win war nr 8 and go up to P2 R5 (+1 Rank)

I found that strange but okay. Maybe bc we are right at the part where T2 starts so a win with points x6 (Tier 3) is only a few points more than a lose with points x 7 (Tier 2). Should be around +150k points more.

So we win War nr 9 as well and now end on P3 Rank 9? Like what? We lost 4 rank when we win a War? I know you gonna say wait for the final standings but we allready jumped from P1 Rank 26 (like 10 sec after the win and went back down)

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Seraphion said:

(we dropped down from T2 with the alliance cleanup/ nice btw in the middle of the season kabam πŸ‘πŸ»)

I found that strange but okay. Maybe bc we are right at the part where T2 starts so a win with points x6 (Tier 3) is only a few points more than a lose with points x 7 (Tier 2). Should be around +150k points more.

So we win War nr 9 as well and now end on P3 Rank 9? Like what? We lost 4 rank when we win a War? I know you gonna say wait for the final standings but we allready jumped from P1 Rank 26 (like 10 sec after the win and went back down)

Wins come in all sizes, you can win without a BG clear, you can win with all 3 bgs cleared, and fully in between. You also get more points if your opponent does not clear everything. All you need for this to happen is for 4 alliances close to your rank to have opponents who lost big time, or in other words did not clear their bgs. The difference between rank 9 and rank 5 is like 85k points, which at your tier is less than one boss clear difference.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

the best is when people win a war and think no one else who also won may have possibly scored more points to move ahead in rankings.

also the best: scoreboard watching before the last war is even complete when it takes 6+ hours for the finalized season scores to tabulate and post.

No reason to become passive aggressive mate. If you dont have something constructive to say keep it to yourself please :)

Ofc other ppl win as well. Every time we won in the past we at least jumped 7-20 ranks up. Every single time. Also the standings stayed like that every single time (30min after the end of the war). I dont expect a change and would like to make that info public for kabam to know if something broke.
    Lormif said:

Seraphion said:

Wins come in all sizes, you can win without a BG clear, you can win with all 3 bgs cleared, and fully in between. You also get more points if your opponent does not clear everything. All you need for this to happen is for 4 alliances close to your rank to have opponents who lost big time, or in other words did not clear their bgs. The difference between rank 9 and rank 5 is like 85k points, which at your tier is less than one boss clear difference.
    we won both wars with ~ 192k points
    Gmonkey said:

Bad luck for you a lot of teams were locked into their tier only cleared outside lanes and boss as full clear was not necessary. Unfortunately you were not so lucky to get that match.
    It makes no sense for alliances to waste resources if they cannot move up or down a tier so just get the boss kill with minimal item usage.

I see what you mean. Might be super unlucky. Just found it super strange that we lose 3 Ranks with 2 wins. Feels very very strange.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Seraphion said:

Lormif said:

Seraphion said:

yes, but how many points did the 4 alliances who past you win with?
    Lormif said:

Seraphion said:

Lormif said:

Seraphion said:

yes, but how many points did the 4 alliances who past you win with?
    I dont know ofc.
    But what about half of them that lost?

Maybe its possible and we are just super unlucky. But I never heard of an alliance that dropped 3 ranks by winning 2 wars.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This happened to us also. We won the final war with 195k points and we went down in rank by almost 20. We gave everything in this war, made sure that we win with a good margin because we were only few spots away from going into upper tier. But we instead fell in the rank. The ranking especially in last 3 wars is very questionable.
    We went into t5 won 2 wars and then lost a war and finding ourselves in t6 for the final war of season. Very odd.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    The odds of literally everyone around you winning are pretty low. To have actually lost that many places all from 5th, everyone from the bottom few places of P2 to 10-15th of P3 need to have won.
  • Olo66Olo66 Posts: 13 β˜…
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra
    It's in most alliances are the same problems.
    After war winning they went more down than was before last war...
    Could you explain why? Looks like it's no point to win if you are worst....
  • UsamaOO7UsamaOO7 Posts: 2 β˜…
    The same happened with my alliance too.
    We just won the last war of season with 197k points and still dropped 4 ranks.

This is ridiculous.

Now having seen, alliances like yours facing the same issue, I’m sure there’s some problem in standings.

Hopefully @Kabam Miike sees this all and have the issue addressed timely.
  • Dark_Pheonix9Dark_Pheonix9 Posts: 1 β˜…
    Same happened with my ally. We dropped from P3 to P4 R15 the war before this final war. We won this final war and we dropped to R30 P4 with full exploration in all 3 bgs. And we were hoping to get back into P3. Don't understand how we'd win a war and still drop.
    Any info from an offical source on that matter would be welcome :)
  • I'm gonna go out on a limb here as it is odd BUT, 1 factor hasn't been raised. Matchmaking. Now there's a possibility, albeit a slim one, but realistic nonetheless due to the current situation with Matchmaking. Some may've got matched with notoriously easy matches and straight DOMINATED their wars. In doing so may've had a fair number of defenders left up and gained a slew of extra points. Now if this happened to a certain batch of Alliances they'd inevitably score more than those around them and in turn shoot up the ranks making other's wins moot in the ranking side of things.

Considering how random things have been this Season due to the prior inflation of lower rated Alliance's war ratings, coupled with the reduction in the number of wars for the Season, things may not have stabilized yet. If that's indeed the case, the aforementioned possibility could explain what's happening to some. As such, a number of Alliances will inevitably get easier matches and gain more points than they'd typically be capable of, while others end up dropping when they win a more evenly matched war. Again, the chances of this being the case on such a scale are indeed slim, but it could explain why some are dropping while winning.

Now, the one thing that doesn't make any sense to date is the shift/drop in AW Tiers during the week off. This inevitably had to have a hand in what's happening here. Incorrect multipliers being applied to wins drops your point potential. Sometimes by a great amount dependent upon which Tier you were in prior and then dropped into; i.e. Tier 4 is 4.5Γ— and Tier 5 is 4Γ—, not a huge difference vs Tier 3 being 6Γ— and the aforementioned Tier 4 being 4.5Γ— is a rather significant drop in point potential. More and more I'm super happy we decided to dial back this Season and not go full tilt. This has got to be frustrating for many.

So to summarize, this Season has had uneven matches galore, a seeming random shift/drop in tiers after a week off, with the week off shortening the Season and thus overall point potential of all. In short, Season 19 was a mess and nothing really surprises me at this point in regards to oddities occurring in the standings. To those that were negatively impacted, I can empathize. It sucks. Between those that had their scores inadvertently inflated due to easy match ups from the new Matchmaking's focus on war rating, and the Matchmaking snafus, the standings aren't exactly what they theoretically could've been had things been all good. Hopefully things will stabilize by the start of Season 20 on that note.
    I hope so too.

Kabam said the reason for Tier drops are that they deleted a lot of inactive alliances.

I dont know who the hell had the idea to do that midseason. Everyone around us should have dropped with us from T2 => T3 and even after 2 wins are not back in T2 again.

Normaly when you are Rank 6 and win 2 wars you end a bracket higher πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Seraphion said:

I hope so too.

Kabam said the reason for Tier drops are that they deleted a lot of inactive alliances.

I dont know who the hell had the idea to do that midseason. Everyone around us should have dropped with us from T2 => T3 and even after 2 wins are not back in T2 again.

Normaly when you are Rank 6 and win 2 wars you end a bracket higher πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Well you just said your still in t3 which means those alliances around you may of been in tier 2. Hence there wins or maybe even losses would've been worth a lot more points then your win. Doesn't that kind of explain it. Could've just been bad luck due to the tier drop
    In the end we cant change it and we might be just unlucky.
    Just wanted to bring that info out so that maybe kabam comments something on it.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited August 2020
    Could not hang on to the bracket I was in.

But after seeing those below are a few times stronger (base rating), I have nothing to complain out. :)

I am expecting to go down further. :D
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 β˜…β˜…
    You’re ignoring the tier multiplier, we also lost ranks when we won a war in tier 4 and went from p3-52 to p3-67. The win was about the same number of season points as a loss in tier 3, and no-one would question the drop in ranking then, there was nothing wrong with the rankings there either.