**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New herald difficulty thoughts

Berserker22Berserker22 Posts: 289 ★★★
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
To start off the quest is good comparing rewards to difficulty it's totally worth it
Also, the way you can utilise the roster to target specific opponents is pretty awesome for example I don't have a good skill champs but my mystic roster is staked so I can save entries and go on against the cosmics

The only problem is the boss to be specific the atk value is sooo ridiculous I mean 15k that's waay too much even act6 bosses after the nerf won't have this kind of atk

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    herald, not hearld.

Sorry, it’s just gonna bug me
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    Herald seemed like a mix of skill and roster. R2 bwcv crushed it. Could probably do the path with other champs just maybe a little longer.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    It was fun actually. One my account went in blindly but luckily had my R5 BWCV to help.

Boss atk values could be toned down by a touch i guess.

Edit: I tried with Ægon on my alt account and even 200 combos took way too long
  • Dada3105Dada3105 Posts: 16
    Can someone post a screenshot of the path and give a bit more explanation on nodes?
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    How many fights are there? And do you face class disadvantage champs when considering the class of champs you have to take in on that day?
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★

I wanna know some stuff from the people who tried herald (I'm saving till the 30th due to exams lol)

Did everyone face the same quest? (some power lock path on the left, Annihilus on the right and vision aarkus rich get richer with 15k attack as boss)

Yes mate same quest for all
    Nice. Let's hope Mystic is slightly easier. That my plan as of now.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★

How many fights are there? And do you face class disadvantage champs when considering the class of champs you have to take in on that day?

Bring mystique champs otherwise there is 50% reduction on atk i think it was
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★

Forgot to screenshot the boss node. Didn’t matter as Sym Supreme easily one shot him
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    felt too easy, like I was fighting uncollected.
  • Mcoc_alMcoc_al Posts: 46
    I did the left path with omega red. The ai issues made akus and hyperion a pain but overall I felt it was not too diificult
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Very easy, great rewards for a few easy fights.

Only single node which really makes little difference to play style
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    Not being able to see the path was a little annoying. It felt faster than Canadian but still with janky ai. I had a pretty good sample for comparison as I finished up the last zillion Canadian fights last night and into this morning.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Yeah seemed like a reasonable quest, agree on the bosses attack value being very high
  • AknylmzAknylmz Posts: 38
    edited August 2020
    Can I receive the rewards of the same challenge more than once?
  • Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★

I wanna know some stuff from the people who tried herald (I'm saving till the 30th due to exams lol)

Did everyone face the same quest? (some power lock path on the left, Annihilus on the right and vision aarkus rich get richer with 15k attack as boss)

yes it's the same for all, in my opinion the right path is the easiest one, just tear it up with Doom.

Difficulty is fine imo, at least it is interesting and you can't go throught just using Corvus glaive lol

• Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Jungle92 said:

yes it's the same for all, in my opinion the right path is the easiest one, just tear it up with Doom.

Difficulty is fine imo, at least it is interesting and you can't go throught just using Corvus glaive lol

Yeah from what I've seen it's not bad other than the boss attack values. But I'll hold my judgement Till I find out if the quest stays the same everytime it comes around (highly unlikely) and if I can do a fair bit of the Mystic path with a 5* torch (probably r3 maybe r4) (again, unlikely but my expectations are always dumb lol)
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,902 ★★★★★
    There are a lot of champs that can cruise through this. If you’re going left side, I’d definitely recommend the BWCV/Ghost rider synergy if you have it. I used that with Morningstar and had a blast. This was very fun to play, and I think Kabam has been doing very well with this level of content in terms of difficulty and rewards.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    I really liked it, and the rewards were great, too. People with less developed rosters would definitely struggle, so that's a good sign.
  • HolyLegoStepHolyLegoStep Posts: 145
    Without doom or sym supreme you can't do it
  • Smokely7Smokely7 Posts: 174 ★★
    Agreed, with a little foresight (knowing to bring mystics) it was fairly straight forward, I have all r5 doom, bwcv, ss, and r2 doom though (and r3 corvus just because). Barely lost health, but also got lucky only took one sp3 from vision and he didn't throw it immediately a couple times, but was able to one shot with r2 doom. I think for a newly cavalier roster it could be very challenging but doable. For those with even better rosters than mine I'm sure they consider this too easy.
    Smokely7 said:

Agreed, with a little foresight (knowing to bring mystics) it was fairly straight forward, I have all r5 doom, bwcv, ss, and r2 doom though (and r3 corvus just because). Barely lost health, but also got lucky only took one sp3 from vision and he didn't throw it immediately a couple times, but was able to one shot with r2 doom. I think for a newly cavalier roster it could be very challenging but doable. For those with even better rosters than mine I'm sure they consider this too easy.

I only have one mystic that is juggs
    Smokely7 said:

The only problem with this is the boss, every other champion fight was fine but why do they have to ruin it by making the boos hell hards
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Smokely7 said:

do you have vtd? with all hist buffs you can do it all, even vision, just get a couple powergains. All you need is a champion that can out buff him.