**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alright. You can laugh/insult me now.

RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★

So anyone that knows me on these forums knows that I don’t like Corvus. At all. In fact, I think he’s pretty overrated, especially without suicides.

I stand by what I’ve said.

And yet, I did this. My 21st R5 equivalent champion. So why did I do this. Well it’s two pronged:

1. He’s really useful in incursions. That’s my main reason for taking him up since he gains so much more reach with the hacks

2. Abyss. After watching Brian’s stream, it looks like I’m going to be using his team for a completion (look out for another thread asking for help on this soon). Corvus is on that team so he might as well be R5.

So alright. Let the abuse rain down. This is what I deserve for trash talking him.

Comments

• SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    You shouldn't run him without suicide. It's a waste.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★

Now prepare to actually find out why he is the best champion in the game, for 90% of the available content. No synergies, no particular gameplay needed. Just sheer effectiveness.

We’ll see. I have my significant doubts.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    I actually find myself using him less and less these days. He’ll always be on my AQ team though
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I actually find myself using him less and less these days. He’ll always be on my AQ team though

You just contradicted yourself.
    No he didn’t, the game is more than just aq. There is event quests, side quests, aw, variants, story mode. The game is pushing you away from using him by having paths that he cannot counter

The guy who doesnt like havok doesnt like corvus either. I dont think anyone is shocked tbh

I don’t like Iceman either

Quake and Ghost are some of my favourite champs though

• Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★

So anyone that knows me on these forums knows that I don’t like Corvus. At all. In fact, I think he’s pretty overrated, especially without suicides.

And yet, I did this. My 21st R5 equivalent champion. So why did I do this. Well it’s two pronged:

1. He’s really useful in incursions. That’s my main reason for taking him up since he gains so much more reach with the hacks

2. Abyss. After watching Brian’s stream, it looks like I’m going to be using his team for a completion (look out for another thread asking for help on this soon). Corvus is on that team so he might as well be R5.

So alright. Let the abuse rain down. This is what I deserve for trash talking him.

LOL

You can't quite trash talk about Corvus anyway, you may like it or not but he is a solid champ.

Abyss with Corvus? hmmm prepare to spend those units man
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★

Now prepare to actually find out why he is the best champion in the game, for 90% of the available content. No synergies, no particular gameplay needed. Just sheer effectiveness.

Hes not even the best cosmic tho. And you even place him above ghost and quake?

He is a top 3 Cosmic with Sparkles and Hyperion.

Ghost by herself (without either full synergy team or suicides or a node that inflcts DoT which she can convert) is nowhere near Corvus. If / when at least one of the above apply, that's another story. But Corvus needs nothing of the above.

Quake is admittedly on a class of her own. OTOH, (for me at least) she is frustrating to use and no fun at all.

Corvus is the definition of fun, simplicity and effectiveness.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

The guy who doesnt like havok doesnt like corvus either. I dont think anyone is shocked tbh

Ahh the real cheese champs
    Jungle92 said:

LOL

You can't quite trash talk about Corvus anyway, you may like it or not but he is a solid champ.

He's not a bad champ, I just think he's overrated. Would much rather have Hyperion or CMM. And he's much further down without suicides in my opinion

And he's surprisingly effective for Abyss, probably the second best option for Collector besides AEgon

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    wait.. people think corvus is bad? I remember him being one of the best champs in the game
    Lormif said:

Ahh the real cheese champs
    Pretty much. Although I like them for different reasons. I like Quake because my 4* took me through so much and I figured out dex style on my own. Always felt somewhat smug about that

Ghost I actually like the character, design and animations, plus I was one of the few people who saw her potential before Pete blew her up. Wasn't on the forums much at the time so I can't really evidence that.
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 275
    I use Corvus on AW attack an AQ all the time, also in EQ and Incursions.
    But with those higher and higher health pools i rarely use him in act 6 anymore. Have better options for it. I just hate running out of charges lol

For the things i use him he is still one of the best options tho

wait.. people think corvus is bad? I remember him being one of the best champs in the game

He's not bad, just not as good as people say.

I don't know why everyone interprets overrated to mean that someone thinks a champion is bad
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

Hes not even the best cosmic tho. And you even place him above ghost and quake?

He is a top 3 Cosmic with Sparkles and Hyperion.

Ghost by herself (without either full synergy team or suicides or a node that inflcts DoT which she can convert) is nowhere near Corvus. If / when at least one of the above apply, that's another story. But Corvus needs nothing of the above.

Quake is admittedly on a class of her own. OTOH, (for me at least) she is frustrating to use and no fun at all.

Corvus is the definition of fun, simplicity and effectiveness.
    Ghost is still way above corvus without synergies. Not quake level without them, but way better than corvus. You just need to practice her without them.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Sneakyko said:

Jungle92 said:

LOL

Corvus is really good for abyss can get a ton of damage off in the 230 hits just takes a while
    Plus he is the second best collector option because the strategy against him is just to nuke as fast as possible.

Also, I still believe strongly that corvus is overrated yet I have been debating taking him up to use in aq.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    He will be good against Massacre on Abyss. Been hunting for him.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    I’m so sorry. Hope i never have to do this
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    Well if u do t like covus that fine it op to u who u enjoy use to after all it a game
  • IryseIryse Posts: 460 ★★★
    DUDE, I oneshot act 5 boss and one revived cav boss sentinel with this guy. I am not even a super skilled player and still this guy hits like a bulldozer without synergies or missions.

Your level of hypocrisy is beyond god tier lookin at that maxed out corvus.

why dont you sell him off for 275 6* shards then
    Iryse said:

DUDE, I oneshot act 5 boss and one revived cav boss sentinel with this guy. I am not even a super skilled player and still this guy hits like a bulldozer without synergies or missions.

The irony was kind of the point of my post.

And he doesn't hit like a bulldozer without missions. That's just wrong. 3.5k mediums with suicides without missions. Big Whoop.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Iryse said:

because you can’t sell five stars.

Also, it’s his opinion that he doesn’t like Corvus, and people can have their own opinions.