**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6.2.6 Champion - Prove Yourself

mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
Besides "Get good", can anyone offer some useful advice on 6.2.6 Champion with the Prove Yourself link up?

Even with his nerf in place now, this still seems like such a ridiculous, RNG based fight.

I'm into his second phase where light attacks are unblockable, and it's wiping out my bank account.

I have CAIW, so I can nullify his unstoppable, but that relies on blocking or glancing attacks, and with the unblockable, that means you're losing your combo. Also have Doom for stagger, but that still basically relies on having perfect intercepts every time.

What champs could actually make this a fight requiring skill versus dumb luck in how the Champion fights?

Comments

• H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    If is light attacks are unblockable just parry when he is dashing at you.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    I'd agree with that, but it still seems like you're relying on luck, cause if he pins you against the wall, which basically happens within a few seconds of starting the fight cause he goes unstoppable, then you're bound to get hit with a light attack.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    I knew it was just a matter of time before this pain point of the map was addressed post-nerf. With the new fun & interactive AI, getting a "well-timed block" is a dicey proposition at 70-40% and you'll be dead before your combo count gets to 15. Or worse, when your combo count is at 20 (ie. Only 1% taken off his health). Only thing I can think of as a counter is Sym Supreme (Maybe Thing?), Backdrafts, and dumb luck. After that, there's 40-10% unblockable mediums.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    @Kennado Yeah, that's what I'm realizing. I feel like you're right about Sym Supreme, but he's continued to elude me as a 5/6*.

I've got a 6* r2 Thing, but I still can't get to a viable combo with him either.

With my current roster, Squirrel Girl looks like my best option, cause she's duped, so she'll start every fight with 40 hits in her combo meter, so I can at least get some chip damage each fight.

She's only 5* 2/35 right now, so I guess she'll be my next big rank-up.