**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The AI is acting very weird after today’s update [Merged Thread]

Comments

• Pbg__5ivePbg__5ive Posts: 11
    I was just thinking that the AI is Very strange as I did the herald difficulty, went on YouTube, same problem, here on forum..the final confirmation. Please fix this Kabam!
  • SunstruckSunstruck Posts: 80
    Did your tester ever did validation after it went to live. This AI change is easily reproducible unless you guys just think let's put it in and grab some money. Lack of communication between development and support. That why support team members always not aware of changes.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I think what happened is that whatever you guys did in the past to make nightcrawler less susceptible to change stance, was somehow coded into every champ. Cause i recognise this type of flinching block behaviour. Nightcrawler does it whenever i try to do the change stance trick.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Literally wasted too much items on Vision Aarkus because of this.
    Just walking towards me doing nothing then boom, LIGHT ATTACK
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Just got my ass handed to me by Vision (Aarkus) in the Side-Quest cause he WOULD NOT throw his specials. Couldn't stay aggressive with Symbiote Supreme and he ended up getting power gains.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Ya the AI has definitely been changed. It’s like they were altered to have an even more defensive AI than the defensive node.

Nothing disrupts the flow of a fight like the defender refusing to take part in the fight after ever other combo.
  • KimilKimil Posts: 84
    Herald difficulty - even Venom was being very passive which is extremely odd.
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    The fact that Kabam says they didn’t do anything to change it just shows how absolutely inept they can be.
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    Etjama said:

Just got my ass handed to me by Vision (Aarkus) in the Side-Quest cause he WOULD NOT throw his specials. Couldn't stay aggressive with Symbiote Supreme and he ended up getting power gains.

Had the same issue, though with Magik rather than SS
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Yep seeing this issue in Arena and elsewhere. Hopefully a hotfix goes live today. Plenty of upcoming content that this will be annoying in including AQ and boss rush.
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★

I think what happened is that whatever you guys did in the past to make nightcrawler less susceptible to change stance, was somehow coded into every champ. Cause i recognise this type of flinching block behaviour. Nightcrawler does it whenever i try to do the change stance trick.

I agree, the AI is walking you down now, similar to if you attempt to night crawler trick a champ like we use to in the past.

Prior to the NC trick change you could throw an L and force the AI to hold its block. Sometime around March or April of 2019 you could no longer do that, and if you attempted it the defenders would walk you down, like we are seeing with this update.

I did find that if you do MLLL and dash back to can avoid them standing still waiting wide open, and seems to reduce the walking down behavior as well.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=lErPuafRcWI

Here’s a pretty simple explanation of the “bug.” From the Unoffical Kabam Miike no less.

Dr. Zola
  • Aykut_TAykut_T Posts: 39
    "Galaktus Elçisi" macerasında yapay zekâ yok. Hatta zekâ diye bir şey de yok. Bu sorunu artık çözün oyun oynanmayacak halde!
  • MousiasMousias Posts: 39
    edited August 2020
    SknZn said:

Literally wasted too much items on Vision Aarkus because of this.
    Just walking towards me doing nothing then boom, LIGHT ATTACK

Got my ass kicked by Vision Aarkus. At first, I didn't know there was the 50% attack reduction global, as you CAN'T SCOUT SIDE EVENT QUEST (oh god). Secondly, Aarkus with immense power gain was just walking towards me, not willing to throw his specials. Had to use a team revive for no reason at all.

PS: Kabam asking us where to reproduce the bug is laughable at best, as it occurs in every piece of content is out right now.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★

Hey All,

Thanks for all of the info you've provided. We are still looking into the cause of this problem and will continue to update you all when we have more information.

Gonna move this thread to the Bugs and Known issues section now.

Just watch this video, show it to the team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lErPuafRcWI

That's literally all you need to know.
  • ShaaneneganShaanenegan Posts: 112

Hey All,

Thanks for all of the info you've provided. We are still looking into the cause of this problem and will continue to update you all when we have more information.

Gonna move this thread to the Bugs and Known issues section now.

Thanks for acknowledging.
  • @Kabam Miike Will AQ be started with this infuriating AI, or will it pushed back?
  • DariusYiDariusYi Posts: 171

i know one thing for certain i have never been parried this much EVER. have we ever answered why AI can even parry when parry is a mastery skill??

anyway ... yeah this new AI or bug or whatever is trash.

when you are fighting defenders in story/event/side/daily quests, they don't have parry. Only certain newer champs have timely block abilities. And maybe certain nodes.

But when you are playing aw and arena, the defenders are taken from other players who may have the parry mastery. Hence why they can parry.
  • Byucoug21Byucoug21 Posts: 21
    Yes I noticed this... I am fighting AI in 5.2.6 and I noticed they were passive and were not attacking when they are supposed to. This is making it VERY annoying against the bane node where you need constant combos and consistency to survive.
  • Cendar333Cendar333 Posts: 303
    Appreciate you moving this forward @Kabam Miike 👍🏻
  • o_oo_o Posts: 833 ★★★★
    I just did a daily quest using auto-fight, and my champs were blocking and parrying. I'm 99% sure this wasn't the case before the update? It's not a problem on its own, but i mention it in case it's related to the AI changes we're talking about here.