**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Herald Difficulty

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    TomerP said:

It doesn't defeat anything, since YouTube exists. It'd just save you the time.

Youtube is not part of the game, and you just claimed you dont even have time to use it. Youtube gets around a lot of technical challenges for games, it does not mean those challenges should be removed.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    How do you do it? i tried with doom and SS and failed miserably

How do you do it? i tried with doom and SS and failed miserably

why did you fail?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    I did every fight with Ebony Maw. Is manageable, nothing difficulty
  • TomerPTomerP Posts: 94
    Lormif said:

TomerP said:

Youtube is not part of the game, and you just claimed you dont even have time to use it. Youtube gets around a lot of technical challenges for games, it does not mean those challenges should be removed.
    Oh really? The content creator program is a figment of my imagination then?
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    Frankly I found the difficulty level and PIs to be on par for the rewards. If you can’t do it you ain’t ready for it. It kills me how some
    people complain when they have a hard time
    with content that they haven’t progressed to the point of being aptly suited for.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    TomerP said:

I looked at the enemies before I entered because I knew we only had 1 entry. I saw the Aarkus and knew my Doom would absolutely destroy him (and he did lol). I definitely encourage people to look at the enemies and buffs before entering and to just wait until the quest rotates to a different class if the current one looks too challenging.

Before I saw it was only 1 entry, I was planning on bringing in completely different champs lol. The 1 entry made me look at which enemies I would be facing and I changed my team based on that.

There's no need to rush this stuff the day it comes out. Just wait and see which day will be easiest for your roster...if all days seem difficult, then maybe Herald difficulty isn't for you.

If they make it a limited entry event, they should allow you to preview the map without having to waste time on going to YouTube for that....
    They previously stated that the event would have rotating classes.
    The description literally tells you to bring mystic champs to overcome cosmic foes
    There's a vision aarkus plastered on the cover of the side event
    If you also need YouTube to know that there will be cosmics on the map I dont know what to tell you
    TomerP said:

Lormif said:

TomerP said:

The content creator program is a way to get publicity, last I checked there is nothing requiring or using youtube in the game.
  • TomerPTomerP Posts: 94

TomerP said:

I looked at the enemies before I entered because I knew we only had 1 entry. I saw the Aarkus and knew my Doom would absolutely destroy him (and he did lol). I definitely encourage people to look at the enemies and buffs before entering and to just wait until the quest rotates to a different class if the current one looks too challenging.

Before I saw it was only 1 entry, I was planning on bringing in completely different champs lol. The 1 entry made me look at which enemies I would be facing and I changed my team based on that.

There's no need to rush this stuff the day it comes out. Just wait and see which day will be easiest for your roster...if all days seem difficult, then maybe Herald difficulty isn't for you.

If they make it a limited entry event, they should allow you to preview the map without having to waste time on going to YouTube for that....
    The description literally tells you to bring mystic champs to overcome cosmic foes
    If you also need YouTube to know that there will be cosmics on the map I dont know what to tell you
    Aarkus by himself has limited counters. With these nodes he has on herald difficulty, that list gets narrowed to 2. How do you prepare for that besides using someone else's experience (i.e. YouTube)?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Guys, this supposed to be helping them gather data for cavalier difficulty. you know the one that’s supposed to be a challenge even for those that have explored act 6. The difficulty is fine, you make a serious mistake, you get punished, as it should be.
    TomerP said:

TomerP said:

Aarkus by himself has limited counters. With these nodes he has on herald difficulty, that list gets narrowed to 2. How do you prepare for that besides using someone else's experience (i.e. YouTube)?
    2? any mystic with nullify should be able to counter him. Any champ that has a lot of unique buffs should be able to counter him. Rich get richer is really the only difficult issue with him. People have beat him with SS, doom, claire, vtd, venom just to name 5.
  • DeQueueDeQueue Posts: 101
    How to choose between shards & catalyst quests? I'm automatically in shard quest
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You wait a day for catalyst quest. It rotated every day. This whole thread sounds like you didn’t read the post.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    TomerP said:

TomerP said:

Bring in a good mystic champ. There's no crazy node on this aarkus.
    If you don't have an aarkus counter wait for the class to rotate.
  • Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 251 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Here’s an odd idea for Aarkus... would Ebony Maw work? He can steal power gains off of his Heavy Attack, so if you could steal those could you take him down?

The only issue is the coldsnap, so if you had places on the team you could being Nick and IMIW to purify the coldsnap and become Debuff immune for a short time
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

Here’s an odd idea for Aarkus... would Ebony Maw work? He can steal power gains off of his Heavy Attack, so if you could steal those could you take him down?

I did it with Maw. It worked fine.
    You can also take advantage of the Rich get richer node there
  • GiulioV99GiulioV99 Posts: 98
    I used a 4 star Doom with one revive.
    If you have the right counters it's pretty easy, if you don't it's challenging and you may use some potions/revives.
    I don't see the problem, if you don't want to fight vision Aarkus just wait couple of days and do the next shard quest twice.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 925 ★★★★
    The only issue with that fight is how passive/defensive the AI is being... But the AI is being super defensive in all game modes right now. Other than that the fight isnt too bad, a nice challenge with multiple options to use
  • pigupompompigupompom Posts: 110
    i noticed the A.I isn’t reacting properly. stood there without blocking for many times is making it harder than it should be.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I didn’t know what to expect, so I brought Ghost Wasp Doom OR NF to handle whatever was coming.

It’s just common sense to bring an all around team when you don’t know what’s in store.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    There are lower difficulties. I am probably just gonna do epic to avoid any headaches.

Here is what epic gets you. Super simple. Opponents 15-18k no special nodes. Boss was 33k. If you can’t do herald just lower difficulty, that’s why there are options. I think I will give herald a run tomorrow.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,717 ★★★

There are lower difficulties. I am probably just gonna do epic to avoid any headaches.

Here is what epic gets you. Super simple. Opponents 15-18k no special nodes. Boss was 33k. If you can’t do herald just lower difficulty, that’s why there are options. I think I will give herald a run tomorrow.

I think I will join you. I tried Herald today and I got to the boss pretty easy. But the boss killed me. The hardest part is always accepting your limitations :(

But it's better to get something than nothing.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    I did aarkus in 1 revive as i dont have a duped doom and forgot to bring supreme or claire defo harder than i thought but seems like difficulty we need maybe will try cosmic again and try supreme but most likely wait for me personally on science as ive built up skill champs more than mystic
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Difficulty is fine. Not overall hard. I severely dislike the fact you can’t preview before entry.

I don’t like when you need to use external sources to the game in order to be prepared for a simple quest. Preview hurts nothing just is a QOL item. Plus with the difficulty ramped not being prepared can make it likely to hit a wall.

At some point With nodes/difficulty the specifics and needs get too large that it’s very hard to round the team off to cover everything you can see in the game.

That being said grateful it’s not fully random like some event quests and if you want to you can review it on YouTube. Just would think giving the preview option is not an unreasonable request for content like this were team planning can be critical and you have limited entries.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    TomerP said:

Lormif said:

TomerP said:

The content creator program is a part of the player community, not part of the game. And just because you can see it on Youtube doesn't automatically mean the game should show it to you directly. It isn't the sole consideration, but it is a consideration when designing massively multiplayer games that players who participate in the community, who watch Youtube videos or discuss the game on the official forums or external discussions groups, will have an advantage over those that don't. That's usually intentional: you want to encourage the community to discuss the game and help each other through the content, if they choose to.

MMOGs are not just a large collection of people who happen to be playing the same game. They are intended to be communities of players that share a single collective game experience. Having content that is a surprise like this caters to the players that want to be surprised, and it caters to players that want to work within a community to beat it. Lone wolfs are always swimming upstream in most MMOGs.