**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

We should get 5 x Rank down tickets for War changes

PlatypusPlatypus Posts: 60
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
This whole diversity thing kind of ruins the last year of ranking heroes that were only good for defense.

So pretty much 30 people in the alliance have at least 2 useless 5/5 duplicates.

The way I see it, you either make Diversity bonus marginal or you should give us 5 ranks down tickets.

I did not spend 12 Tier 4 class catalysts and 32 T4 basics so i cannot use any of my defense heros <.<

Comments

• Of course they should op.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    5 RDT's for what champions exactly?
    Generic RDT's will not be back
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    I think rank down tickets are very unlikely for the simple fact that diversity (which I hate) still allows certain champs that were ranked up previously to be used. It is ultimately still your choice how many of the same champ you place and use as an alliance. The other thing that is different with 15.0 war update than with the 12.0 nerfing is that they seem to understand the importance of altering and changing things. Obviously after the first week that AW diversity points was a cluster-you-know-what Kabam went in and tweaked the scoring. As long as they are committed to making changes to it I think rank down tickets are not happening.
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    nitecrawler, mordo, dormamu, juggy, antman, bpcw, all spideys except stark, cable, war machine, abomination, hulkbuster, hood, electro, cyclops, yellow jacket, moon night, agent venom, venom, colossus, rhino, groot, unstoppable collosus.... im sure theres more!
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    No generics not even class, the reason rank down tickets were given out last time was because every champion in one way or another was directly effected. I see an argument for champion specific rank down tickets but because any champs could have previously placed on defence it will be very hard for kabam to give those out either.
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    I think rank down tickets are very unlikely for the simple fact that diversity (which I hate) still allows certain champs that were ranked up previously to be used. It is ultimately still your choice how many of the same champ you place and use as an alliance. The other thing that is different with 15.0 war update than with the 12.0 nerfing is that they seem to understand the importance of altering and changing things. Obviously after the first week that AW diversity points was a cluster-you-know-what Kabam went in and tweaked the scoring. As long as they are committed to making changes to it I think rank down tickets are not happening.

kabam simply gave RDTs during 12.0 & 12.0.1 because they nerfed offensive beasts like sw, bw, thor, ds. There was no other reason. No matter what do they say. If those specific 4 champions remained at same potential, people wouldn't have cared about RDTs.

The situation is simliar now, instead of offensive beasts they've nerfed defensive beasts. Doesn't matter if it is a direct way or indirect. So RDTs should be issued again. We've put in time n effort to build our defensive roster too, like we did for our offensive roster.

& NO WE CANNOT USE CERTAIN DEFENDERS FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE EXCEPT FOR AWD, They've become useless now, our time effort n resources are thrown in the bin. Winning is not a choice, it is the purpose of playing this game, & what necessary to be done to win is not a "choice" either. It's necessity.
    Sungj wrote: »
    No generics not even class, the reason rank down tickets were given out last time was because every champion in one way or another was directly effected. I see an argument for champion specific rank down tickets but because any champs could have previously placed on defence it will be very hard for kabam to give those out either.

not hard at all just give out generic ones like last time and that solves the problem
    5 defenders so 5 generic rank down tickets. seems totally fair to me
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    A few RDTs IF and ONLY IF they go with Alliance-wide Diversity and do NOT return DK points in some way. And then just as a nice gesture in recognition that Alliance-wide Diversity with No DK points will require a heckuva lot of roster restructuring, and will make placing Defense a huge pain for Officers. If they had said two months ago, 'Hey, we are thinking of changing War defense scoring into a model that rewards unique champs', then no tickets. Since it was mostly a blind-side to the playerbase, and that we are essentially live beta-testing for them, then they should make it up to us.
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    edited September 2017
    UC439 wrote: »

& NO WE CANNOT USE CERTAIN DEFENDERS FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE EXCEPT FOR AWD, They've become useless now, our time effort n resources are thrown in the bin. Winning is not a choice, it is the purpose of playing this game, & what necessary to be done to win is not a "choice" either. It's necessity.

What to determine what champions you want to rank down? if you switch alliance, your so called defense champions might not be so diversity to that alliance. Which manes you will need more RDT?

The issue with rank down tickets and I'm pretty sure it's something that's been said in previous threads is it gives top tier alliances a sort of "do-over" and they'll all be THAT much further ahead of the curve again with proper planning. So no rank down tickets are not a good idea. Revamping this mess they've let loose on us entirely is their only option at this point.

actually it gives the middle of the road allies a chance to catch up to the top allies so i can see why the top allies dont want them its because they dont need them
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    People can't see the forest for the trees.

The problem isn't the lack of rank down tickets, it's the diversity system. Get rid of diversity and your problem is solved. Rank down tickets will numb the pain for 10 seconds, but you'll be screwed big time in the long run.

Stop focusing on specifics and look at the big picture.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    WE have lost 2 wars due to the diversity system. Not because the other alliance was better.

Both losses were by less than the diversity score difference.

"We can't have you using your best champs for war, that's not fair to the other bad champs we've made." - Kabam

Stupidity at it's highest!
  • Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    5 defenders so 5 generic rank down tickets. seems totally fair to me

What about the awakening gems we've used on AW defence champs? ...and all the sig stones?
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    WE have lost 2 wars due to the diversity system. Not because the other alliance was better.

Both losses were by less than the diversity score difference.

"We can't have you using your best champs for war, that's not fair to the other bad champs we've made." - Kabam

Stupidity at it's highest!

We can't be smart and follow the new system so we lost.
    Stupidity at it's highest

Professional troll alert...

he's not wrong. the new rules have been laid out and everybody knows what they are. if you're not playing the game by the new rules, it's nobody else's fault that you lost but your own.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    edited September 2017
  • JabbawokkyJabbawokky Posts: 139
    You would think that would be an idea that all players would get behind. That will never be the case. There will always be a great deal of players who will oppose it and side with the devs. Why bother.
  • edited September 2017
    has nothing to do with siding with the devs, rank down tickets are a horrible idea in general. they disrupt the balance of prestige in the game and allow you to reset the top end of your roster.

if you want something to change demand change in the way AW works, asking for rank down tickets is giving in to their changes as long as they toss you a bone here and there.
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    MyTaffy wrote: »
    UC439 wrote: »

What to determine what champions you want to rank down? if you switch alliance, your so called defense champions might not be so diversity to that alliance. Which manes you will need more RDT?

That'll be my personal problem. I'll know the risk of my champions becoming unusable and will plan accordingly before taking the decision of changing alliance. But at this moment the problem is of the community. It came without any prior warning. So it's kabams responsibility to solve it.