**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who's the best champion in game currently?

Comments

• Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Doctor Doom
    Or the super effective, red Cyclops
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    And quake.
  • PeaRatPeaRat Posts: 152
    Someone else
    Red guardian
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Quake
    Of Course there are 2 champions in my mind Quake and Ghost who cover 95% of content, but Quake is slightly better she requires more skill but is worth the learn. Quake On Top
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Quake
    It is quake
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    Ghost
    I'll make an addition to the everlasting debate between Ghost and Quake for the number one spot:

I read plenty of arguments suggesting Quake covering more content. I personally think it's very hard to determine whomever does cover more ground between the two, so I figured I should find a source that goes beyond my own bias and common sense.

Disclaimer: Seatin's lists are too biased, subjective and personal. But his lists are the most widely accepted and established which means they can function as a general reference. You can argue about Seatin's opinion, but at least I'm providing external relevant arguments for my opinion, rather than pulling them out of my ass.

According to Seatin, Ghost is insanely effective (blue colour) in 5 areas and very useful (green colour) in 2 areas of the game.
    Quake on the other hand, is insanely effective in 4 areas and very useful in 1 area of the game.

Thus, according to Seatin, Ghost covers more ground than Quake and any other champion in the game.

I would also add to the debate the aspect of damage, which is a super relevant utility where I believe Ghost exceeds Quake by miles. That difference is evident in content such as LoL where Quake's effective usage is limited. Damage allows for effective usage and lowers the risk for mistakes as fights are shorter. Giving Ghost the damage edge also means that in content where both Ghost and Quake excel, Ghost will simply be more effective.

Summing up, this comparison suggests that Ghost covers more content and does so more effectively than Quake.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Quake
    I found it interesting today watching a Lagacy video released last week (best champions ranked, offensive tier list). Lagacy is that guy who created a video that stated that Ghost is better than Quake (to counter Kt1's Quake video). Well in the video he released last week he has now changed his mind after being around a lot of good "Quakers" and now affirms that Quake is the best.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★

or Groot

Wait till they buff him and one day, he'll be the best haha
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★

I have most of them but i find my most reliable and biggest hitter is sunspot his perfect block and sp2 is ridiculous.
    My ghost at 6* r2 is a beast also and quake at r5.
    Nick fury r5 and doom r5 (r5 meaning 5* maxxed out) all very very handy

I think we need to know "the best" in what context? As in the hardest hitter, most utility or covers the most content in the game?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Quake
    Stellan said:

I'll make an addition to the everlasting debate between Ghost and Quake for the number one spot:

I read plenty of arguments suggesting Quake covering more content. I personally think it's very hard to determine whomever does cover more ground between the two, so I figured I should find a source that goes beyond my own bias and common sense.

Disclaimer: Seatin's lists are too biased, subjective and personal. But his lists are the most widely accepted and established which means they can function as a general reference. You can argue about Seatin's opinion, but at least I'm providing external relevant arguments for my opinion, rather than pulling them out of my ass.

According to Seatin, Ghost is insanely effective (blue colour) in 5 areas and very useful (green colour) in 2 areas of the game.
    Quake on the other hand, is insanely effective in 4 areas and very useful in 1 area of the game.

Thus, according to Seatin, Ghost covers more ground than Quake and any other champion in the game.

I would also add to the debate the aspect of damage, which is a super relevant utility where I believe Ghost exceeds Quake by miles. That difference is evident in content such as LoL where Quake's effective usage is limited. Damage allows for effective usage and lowers the risk for mistakes as fights are shorter. Giving Ghost the damage edge also means that in content where both Ghost and Quake excel, Ghost will simply be more effective.

Summing up, this comparison suggests that Ghost covers more content and does so more effectively than Quake.

then explain why there is no six star Quake but a six star Ghost
  • BurroBurro Posts: 82
    Someone else
    Captain Diabetes aka Mojo. That degen damage is thic.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    The best champion in the game? I define best as one that requires the most skill. Therefore, the highest skill champion out there is...

Joe Fixit

You need enormous amounts of skill to even stand a chance against A6 fights with this guy.
  • DarkMalachi2DarkMalachi2 Posts: 73
    Quake
    It's a tie between Captain Visa and Mr. Mastercard, with Doctor Discover and Amex Man close behind.
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    Quake
    After groot ofcourse
  • DrakeDrake Posts: 101
    Doctor Doom
    Venompool
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Quake
    Midnite93 said:

No one is the best each have their different uses

A football team needs a kicker and a long snapper. Being bad at either can loose you games. It doesn't make them equal to the quarterback.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Someone else
    It won’t be a popular choice but for me the best champ in the game is still CapIW.
  • Alex_mk2Alex_mk2 Posts: 47
    ="Quote" rel="Stellan">I'll make an addition to the everlasting debate between Ghost and Quake for the number one spot:

I’ll never understand why seatin rated Aegon a 4 in alliance war
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Quake
    Lol, people who voted Doom aren't even talking 😂
    Another poll where Doom somehow surpasses Ghost... sickening!
    I'd really like to know the reason why and/or an argument that would explain why Doom would be better than the goddess ghost in general, certain and/or limited scenarios.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Quake

I'd really like to know the reason why and/or an argument that would explain why Doom would be better than the goddess ghost in general, certain and/or limited scenarios.

By the way, I've used Doom...plus Quake and Ghost, a lot! But Doom just isn't near these two.
  • battybatty Posts: 177
    Someone else
    I have 6* groot guardian use event done so quick what else do you need in a champ 😂
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    Someone else
    All of them. But I love Colossus atm.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Doctor Doom

With quake of ghost, you need to play perfect, one slip up and you’re a ghost.

With doom, there’s loads of room for error, he can tank for days and if you mess up a rotation, you can just improvise by manipulating the opponents power.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Quake

With quake of ghost, you need to play perfect, one slip up and you’re a ghost.

With doom, there’s loads of room for error, he can tank for days and if you mess up a rotation, you can just improvise by manipulating the opponents power.
    So in other words, Doom's the best for noobs.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    Nick Fury
    It’s a hard question bc there so many variables that make some better than others in situations. Quake is probably the one that can deal with the highest volume of content IF you can play her properly but when I think BEST, I think of a champ that can clear just ab Any content and is enjoyable whilst doing it. I chose Fury bc even if they are bleed immune, you can still go completely unblockable and I’ve never had so much fun in this game the. When I get him unblockable and don’t have to intercept or bait heavys to openings. All you have to do is not push them to sp3 and you can do pretty much whatever you want however you want... except spam sp1 lol