**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Silver surfer takes incinerate damage even if he's immune to

Silver surfer was supposed to be immune to incinerate damage... But he's actually taking the damage here.

Comments

• CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    He isn't immune, just take - 100% less damage. So enhanced effects still damages him
  • harsh8029harsh8029 Posts: 10
    edited August 2020
    Ooh okay.... Then I'll be taken down if i use him against ht in the summoners side event.... Thanks of the info
  • Nightbeat78Nightbeat78 Posts: 27
    But Human Torch is incinerate immune. Fought him with my HT and my HT got melted away with incinerate.
  • BashlordBashlord Posts: 218 ★★
    edited August 2020
    HT increases Incinerate damage by 12% for each smolder passive or Incinerate on opponent.
    So, Silver surfer will take damage as more Incinerates are placed on him.

At Epic difficulty in Beta quest, HT has node which activates Nova flame when HT at 7 smoulder passive and 20 temperature. This is why HT is not an option against him here.

No one is immune to Nova flame in the game as of now.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Is that from the Beta quest [1st fight]? I had same issue using Void. Part way through the fight Void suddenly starts taking incinerate damage and melts away. He is incinerate immune so this clearly is a glitch.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

Is that from the Beta quest [1st fight]? I had same issue using Void. Part way through the fight Void suddenly starts taking incinerate damage and melts away. He is incinerate immune so this clearly is a glitch.

You were taking nova flame damage not incinerate
    Voltolos said:

I thought Nova Flames were just a descriptive phrase of the incinerate damage increasing? That's how I read it from the character description.

FLAME ON! - all of Human Torch's Incinerates are Nova Flames, last 2 seconds longer, and deal an additional +75% damage...

I've obviously misinterpreted it if that is the case. So Nova Flames are a completely separate type of damage, not actually incinerate at all?.....
  • BashlordBashlord Posts: 218 ★★

Is this on Master or Epic difficulty?

HT has Spontaneous Combustion node in Master and Epic difficulty which activates Nova form on HT when he is at 7 smolder and 20 temperature.

No one is immune to Nova flame in the game.
    Bashlord said:

Is this on Master or Epic difficulty?

HT has Spontaneous Combustion node in Master and Epic difficulty which activates Nova form on HT when he is at 7 smolder and 20 temperature.

No one is immune to Nova flame in the game.
    That's good to know, thanks.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Voltolos said:

Those are not nova flames
  • SupaflyaznSupaflyazn Posts: 75
    edited August 2020
    I had this same problem in Act 6.2.6 against HT on the "Greater Incinerate" node. I was going to post about it as well, because I wasn't taking nova flame damage, only got hit once and my 6* Silver Surfer melted away to almost no health. Also, just tried Namor against the same node, and he is supposed to gain Outrage for every incinerate against him... he just melted away without gaining Outrages. Can any Mods or Devs in here explain? I forgot who the game mechanics Developer was... @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra
  • harsh8029harsh8029 Posts: 10
    So Nova flames is completely different from incinerate???

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, although I'm not sure how that sentence can be interpreted wrong, but that says Nova Flames are basically the same as Incinerates [with a more powerful effect].

Be nice is a mod could clear up all the uncertainty for us :)
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    harsh8029 said:

Yes, nova flames are a passive damage over time effect that deal energy damage.
    It is not an incinerate effect in any way, it jas nothing to do with one

harsh8029 said:

Even more confused now, the game text above says different.

harsh8029 said:

Even more confused now, the game text above says different.
    No, it does not. It says it deals energy damage, not incinerate damage. The text states FOR HUMAN TORCHES abilities, and his abilities ALONE, it counts as an incinerate. In all other cases it is not an incinerate.

I had this same problem in Act 6.2.6 against HT on the "Greater Incinerate" node. I was going to post about it as well, because I wasn't taking nova flame damage, only got hit once and my 6* Silver Surfer melted away to almost no health. Also, just tried Namor against the same node, and he is supposed to gain Outrage for every incinerate against him... he just melted away without gaining Outrages. Can any Mods or Devs in here explain? I forgot who the game mechanics Developer was... @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra

For silver surfer you got an incinerate, and then took 1% energy damage every second, not incinerate damage. this is why you just went down. For namor you got one outrage, because it was just one incinerate, as long as you are beating on touch the damage should go to him, but at 1% per second that is not going to do much to him, but will do a ton to you.
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    edited August 2020

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, although I'm not sure how that sentence can be interpreted wrong, but that says Nova Flames are basically the same as Incinerates [with a more powerful effect].

Be nice is a mod could clear up all the uncertainty for us :)

Yes you’re reading it wrong
    Yes it’s possible to intercept it wrong

It clearly says they are treated as incinerate debuffs for HT abilities

Nova flames are just energy damage over time effect

Think of it like eléctros static shock which is also just energy damage and doesn’t interact with immunities
    You don’t need mods for every little thing that doesn’t make sense to you, questions like this have been answered already. Especially if the question is a common one
  • harsh8029 said:

Silver surfer was supposed to be immune to incinerate damage... But he's actually taking the damage here.

I agree, he is taking damage he shouldn’t (not speaking of Nova Flame that’s different). But in Map 7 of AQ this week, my Surfer took incinerate damage when facing HT with the epic mod “Power to Cower”. He took no incinerate damage fighting other champs on path 7. HT was not in nova form and dint touch me once. Yet my health melted and the debuffs weren’t converted into buffs for Surfer which they should. Definitely a bug.
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★

harsh8029 said:

I agree, he is taking damage he shouldn’t (not speaking of Nova Flame that’s different). But in Map 7 of AQ this week, my Surfer took incinerate damage when facing HT with the epic mod “Power to Cower”. He took no incinerate damage fighting other champs on path 7. HT was not in nova form and dint touch me once. Yet my health melted and the debuffs weren’t converted into buffs for Surfer which they should. Definitely a bug.
    Did you read the thread? @Contest_Chumpion
  • harsh8029 said:

Yes. OP stated that he was taking damage he shouldn’t have and I agree. There was nothing “enhanced” about the freezer burn node that HT was on. It was freezer burn just like the other nodes I faced on lane 7 of map 7. Surfer took dmg when he should’ve converted the debuffs into buffs for himself.

harsh8029 said:

Yes. OP stated that he was taking damage he shouldn’t have and I agree. There was nothing “enhanced” about the freezer burn node that HT was on. It was freezer burn just like the other nodes I faced on lane 7 of map 7. Surfer took dmg when he should’ve converted the debuffs into buffs for himself.

You apparently did not read, here let me help you out a little. HT does not need an enhased incinerate node to increae his incinerate damage, he has one built into his own abilities!:

INCINERATE
    Human Torch Incinerates the Opponent with his first and last Light hits, and all his Medium and Heavy hits. These Incinerate Debuffs deal 233 damage over 3 seconds.
    Incinerate removes Perfect Block Chance and reduces Block Proficiency by 50% while it's active.
    The damage of all of Human Torch's Incinerate effects increases by 12% for each Incinerate or Smoulder on either Champion.
    For each Incinerate on the Opponent, their Regeneration Rate is reduced by 20%.
    While Human Torch is Bleeding, the duration of all his Incinerate effects is reduced by 4 second(s).