**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Awaken colossus or omega

Both r4 i have generic awakening gem which one should i awaken and r5 first? I don't have suicides btw.

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    Omega
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    No suicides? Definitely Colossus
  • deepblack12deepblack12 Posts: 229 ★★

No suicides? Definitely Colossus

I'm collecting units but i don't think im ready for suicides since i only have 3-4 r5 5*. I guess when i explore act 5 (in 1-2 months) i can awaken omega anyway.
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    Omega
    walkerdog said:

Both r4 i have generic awakening gem which one should i awaken and r5 first? I don't have suicides btw.

Colossus unless u have 199 sig stones for omega too. And probably colossus then too if you're not suicides.
    I can take him up to 170 or something but i guess i'll go with colossus. Does he need high sig?
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Omega.

I have both champs, and both duped. I think that Colossus is definitely better, especially for endgame content. Colossus can tank more damage from high PI opponents; he can change his playstyle to handle long distance / close relations node; he can handle many DoT nodes; he can handle the now trendy "Buffed Up" node. In contrast, Omega Red benefits most from being close to the opponent, so he can't switch up playstyles to counter Long Distance without losing much in the way of effectiveness.

In terms of awakening though, OR benefits more from his signature ability than Colossus does.

Colossus' signature ability just makes his ramp up shorter. It doesn't change him really very much in terms of playability, just the length of fight. This may be beneficial in terms of ending fights earlier, but practically speaking, it just lets him gain Armor buffs faster.

In contrast, Omega Red's signature ability (even just at sig 1, but large benefit from being max sig), completely unlocks a new ability / avenue of damage.

I just pulled a 6-star Omega Red. When comparing my duped 5 star to my unduped 6 star, the unduped version is definitely severely limited. I know many people correctly say that Omega Red requires max sig, but even just activating the signature ability is beneficial.

Having said all of that, it still depends on which one you use. If you like Colossus, and Omega Red is just there for the synergy, then obviously go with Colossus. But if you use both equally, then awaken whichever you like better. You can't go wrong with either.
    altavista said:

Omega.

I have both champs, and both duped. I think that Colossus is definitely better, especially for endgame content. Colossus can tank more damage from high PI opponents; he can change his playstyle to handle long distance / close relations node; he can handle many DoT nodes; he can handle the now trendy "Buffed Up" node. In contrast, Omega Red benefits most from being close to the opponent, so he can't switch up playstyles to counter Long Distance without losing much in the way of effectiveness.

In terms of awakening though, OR benefits more from his signature ability than Colossus does.

Colossus' signature ability just makes his ramp up shorter. It doesn't change him really very much in terms of playability, just the length of fight. This may be beneficial in terms of ending fights earlier, but practically speaking, it just lets him gain Armor buffs faster.

In contrast, Omega Red's signature ability (even just at sig 1, but large benefit from being max sig), completely unlocks a new ability / avenue of damage.

I just pulled a 6-star Omega Red. When comparing my duped 5 star to my unduped 6 star, the unduped version is definitely severely limited. I know many people correctly say that Omega Red requires max sig, but even just activating the signature ability is beneficial.

Having said all of that, it still depends on which one you use. If you like Colossus, and Omega Red is just there for the synergy, then obviously go with Colossus. But if you use both equally, then awaken whichever you like better. You can't go wrong with either.

Thank you that's a really good explanation of both champions. I'think i'll go with colossus since his crits are really useful and i need to end fights faster due to my phone being old. In 1-2 month i'll get another awakening gem i gues that'll go for omega red. Thanks again.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Omega
  • anakinwyanakinwy Posts: 12
    non-suicide - definitely Colossus
    suicides - Omega for normal questing, Colossus has better reach in long fights