**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The AI is acting very weird after today’s update [Merged Thread]

Comments

• Xcrøss_TRXcrøss_TR Posts: 142

Hey all,

After a morning of internal playtesting, we've pushed a fix for this AI issue. The fix should be live now, but please ensure that you restart your app to give the fix a chance to Propagate.

As a reminder, that behavior was always a possibility, but it would have been extremely rare, and shouldn't have lasted a whole fight.

If you continue to see issues, please let us know.

Ah yes and what about the other annoying bug, that when you're starting an AQ Fight the games freezes like 10- 60 seconds?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DeadPooop said:

If there was a fix, there was a bug.. and if there was a bug that affected the game play of a community... We deserve.....
    Compensationnnn 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Not always. It entirely depends on the overall effects, how long it's been present, how the problems compounded, etc. No question that bugs affect people. It depends on what the bugs are and what they affect.
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    edited August 2020

Hey all,

After a morning of internal playtesting, we've pushed a fix for this AI issue. The fix should be live now, but please ensure that you restart your app to give the fix a chance to Propagate.

As a reminder, that behavior was always a possibility, but it would have been extremely rare, and shouldn't have lasted a whole fight.

Just did 1 path in UC monthly & noticed a difference already. Usually all it takes when tons of summoners recognize these "issues", then report quickly. Reason it's crucial for P.R. to simply acknowledge MCOCommunity concerns & keep us posted.
    Thanks for seemingly fixing this issue & to @Kabam Boo for being positively engaged. (Can't tag our K.Boo yet? Lol :blush: )
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236

DeadPooop said:

If there was a fix, there was a bug.. and if there was a bug that affected the game play of a community... We deserve.....
    Compensationnnn 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Not always. It entirely depends on the overall effects, how long it's been present, how the problems compounded, etc. No question that bugs affect people. It depends on what the bugs are and what they affect.
    Let see.. yesterday Vision Arkus.. just sat there power gaining and s3 ....
    AQ, hyperion did the same thing..
    Arena lost streak till adjusted...
    Boss rush... They just stood there and not throw specials..
    Todays war...(yeah its off season)
    Stand there in neutral position and wait to parry u...
    Everything ammounts to UNITS... spent, lost or unable to obtain...

• Samdingo75Samdingo75 Posts: 65
    Thank you @Kabam Miike for this A I bug fix... this is very much appreciated
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DeadPooop said:

DeadPooop said:

Compensationnnn 🎶🎶🎶🎶

I wasn't really saying they should or shouldn't for this case. I was responding to the idea that every bug should have Compensation. Not automatically.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★

DeadPooop said:

DeadPooop said:

Compensationnnn 🎶🎶🎶🎶

I wasn't really saying they should or shouldn't for this case. I was responding to the idea that every bug should have Compensation. Not automatically.
    Bugs that affect overall gameplay should be compensated. But this bug in particular affected all modes of the game. It made everyone everywhere a arena opponent. Content like abyss,lol, and act 6 became much harder and costed some summoners more revives then they would’ve originally used on the fight pre-update.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    @kabam boo Just a quick thank you for taking this subject seriously and following through with it.. nice to see a swift resolution.
  • JAsummonarJAsummonar Posts: 171

Hey all,

I am happy again!! :) Thanks @Kabam Miike @Kabam Boo

Hey all,

Ah yes and what about the other annoying bug, that when you're starting an AQ Fight the games freezes like 10- 60 seconds?
    Hey there,
    This thread was in regards to the AI in general.. for the AQ issue you might want to follow up with the thread referencing that.. here's the link for it.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/214338/aq-fight-not-starting-lost-half-health-thrice#latest
  • AndyBaron7AndyBaron7 Posts: 292
    Game isn’t better for me more like on and off with it some fights ai acts faster than usual but doesn’t stare you out then whoop you with lightning fast reactions what I’ve got now is ridiculous lag not my connection does it on both screen goes blurry controls fail due to lag and as per usual I suffer. Quickly sucking the fun out of this game now. iPhone X latest iOS and game update tried rebooting reinstalling nothing works.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Thanks for the quick action taken to resolve this. It's greatly appreciated. For what it's worth, there does seem to be some residual behavior left over. After doing a lot of arena fights and a few in other content, it's clear the AI is no longer trying to parry (as much) us or just "creepily" walking towards us:) Which is great. 👍 What has remained seems to be the fact that the AI almost never uses an attack as it's opening move. This is still new behavior that came about after the update. For whatever it's worth.

You guys try doing the epic side quest the ai owns you and kabam saying they haven’t touched it is such a fairytale ai has been ramped up big time very annoying but not for kabam just for lower and mid rate players I’m sure the gods don’t mind so much lol. Suppose we’re all just imagining the ai got upto beast mode lol with there lighting fast response ect lol

The Epic or Herald (Cav) difficulties aren't meant for lower and mid tier.. those are specifically for the higher tier players.. hence there are multiple difficulties.. so that everyone is able to experience the content at their level.. You can't put the blame on Kabam for you trying harder content than you are currently ready for.. that is totally on you..
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

DeadPooop said:

DeadPooop said:

Compensationnnn 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Bugs that affect overall gameplay should be compensated. But this bug in particular affected all modes of the game. It made everyone everywhere a arena opponent. Content like abyss,lol, and act 6 became much harder and costed some summoners more revives then they would’ve originally used on the fight pre-update.
    Honestly the last compensation was so good I'm fine if we get nothing for this. I'll happily accept compensation too lol but for me this bug is already covered.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    It could be confirmation bias given I haven't been on for most of the day and read the thread first but AQ doom (map2) with the master modifier that gives degen if a hit isn't registered for x seconds, Doom just stood there the whole time until I tried landing a heavy then he smacked me around. Even Dooms willingness to throw specials didnt seem as exuberant as last week.
  • _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
    Hey guys do I have to force stop it and will it then work? Or something different...
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    What’s the general consensus on this?
    I’m seeing mixed reviews from people.

Ai behavior isn’t something I general rly pay attention since I’m more of a hit hit ask questions later kind of guy
  • VincentblackVincentblack Posts: 14
    edited August 2020
    The ai is still definitely off. The bug has impacted my entire alliance across the board. Always seems like when kabam hands out free items they end up being used to combat some sort of bug immediately after. Can't say that I'm surprised but what would suprise me is if kabam actually compensated us for this especially right after they just compensated us for the last debacle. They have proven time and again that they are overly stingy with compensation and don't really care about the issues we face as a community as long as it doesn't effect their bottom line.

This game is no longer fun, what an absolute exhausting month we've had and the hits just keep coming. I applaud the fast attempt at a fix but the band-aid didn't stop the bleeding and we pay for your mistakes. Smh
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

The ai is still definitely off. The bug has impacted my entire alliance across the board. Always seems like when kabam hands out free items they end up being used to combat some sort of bug immediately after. Can't say that I'm surprised but what would suprise me is if kabam actually compensated us for this especially right after they just compensated us for the last debacle. They have proven time and again that they are overly stingy with compensation and don't really care about the issues we face as a community as long as it doesn't effect their bottom line.

This game is no longer fun, what an absolute exhausting month we've had and the hits just keep coming. I applaud the fast attempt at a fix but the band-aid didn't stop the bleeding and we pay for your mistakes. Smh

I honestly can't imagine any sort of compo for this AI 'glitch'.
    I'd love it if there was, free stuff makes me smile, but as you said they have just handed out all the stuff for the last fiasco.
  • FrydayFryday Posts: 650 ★★★

Hey all,

Hello,

Just played Arena again and the AI issue is still definitely there.

Happened in 4 out of 10 fighter, so don't see it as "extremely rare"

Is the development team continue to monitor this bug and work on fix, as it doesn't look like it is fully fix.
  • JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    Arena is just horrible right now... and im talking about 5-6 matches in there are issues with the AI throwing them specials. Same issues in AQ.

I dont see what was fixed, or maybe it unravled.