**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Herald day 3

Doom was quite difficult for me , my cap IW sig 200 with tech and science in the team ( placing petrify) died once . Fight was definitely not easier then yesterday . Enjoy , getting to doom was super easy with left path . :)

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Yeah gonna pass on today. Science is my second weakest class overall for champs and that Doom doesn't look fun.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    I decided to just do epic for the side events, and I lost 2 champs on doom. I can imagine the herald doom is gonna send some people into a rage quit lol.
  • What nodes does doom have? Debating if I wanna take the risk or nah
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I hope the last shard quest is easy
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

What nodes does doom have? Debating if I wanna take the risk or nah

SP2 bias during Aura, 50% chance on knockdown to activate Aura, Burden of Might, and something else, but it's just an average stacked Doom fight.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Quake for everything except Loki and SymSup. Used Void for them. This was the first herald difficulty I tried. The others scared me.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    He wasn’t too bad. I took torch, void, wasp, beardo, fury.

6 star wasp took the whole path.

Torch with nova dropped him 60% (I mistimed evade on special 2, and that threw my whole fight off lol). Finished him off with beardo.

He has pilfer, burden of might and shatter.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

SP2 bias during Aura, 50% chance on knockdown to activate Aura, Burden of Might, and something else, but it's just an average stacked Doom fight.
    Pilfer that gives him 15% power
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    science is my weakest class, but I still stupidly went for it. From now on I'm doing cosmic only
    Qfury said:

Pilfer that gives him 15% power
    Yup, that and shatter. But in all honestly, any good science champion could do that fight. It was easier than the Cosmic one for me.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    HT helped. My issue is the AI is still not lining up. Everything is Blocked, Intercepted, or Evaded. I love a challenge, but not to the point where you can barely get a hit in. Lol.
  • pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
    Do you think a 4 star torch could take him if I play well enough? The path shouldn’t be an issue, just worrying about doom. I will admit my roster is weak for this event without a lot of depth in my 5 star science class.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Ran it 2 times.

Team
    5/65's
    Thing
    Quake
    Fury

4/55's
    Torch
    Spider gwen

First run doom munched my whole team and for the dear life of me I can't quake doom for some weird reason, 1 revive on torch and it was game over for him.

Second run much better, he still munched thing, quake & spider gwen though but torch with nova flame finished him off.
    pete8388 said:

Do you think a 4 star torch could take him if I play well enough? The path shouldn’t be an issue, just worrying about doom. I will admit my roster is weak for this event without a lot of depth in my 5 star science class.

He's gonna chip you down on block damage quite quickly. I think he did about 800 damage to my R5 HT per parry.
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    played 3 times today....had 5* R5 sig 200 CAPIW and 6* R2 Human torch....along with domino, doc ock and nick fury for capiw synergy...was able to one shot doom only once with HT...ran 15% attack 20% health and 20% champion boost...19k attack on doom really messes u up....in total had to use a 40% revive once...
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    My Quake absolutely wrecked that Doom and Cap IW wrecked the path

My rewards were a 5 star Human Torch and Void. I'm stacked on science now! Yay!
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    I had to use a couple revives. I used Aegon on the path for a few fights and had him at 150 combo against Doom. Got wrecked. Quake took him down though even though I basically parry half the time rather than dex. Not that good yet.
  • Cpt9ToesCpt9Toes Posts: 32
    Took Beardo, Rhulk, Ghulk, HT, and Quake. Only used Quake. Had to use one pot before Doom.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    I think you needed Torch on your team, because Thing and Void didn’t do very well. These are supposed to be counters. Torch is the ultimate counter though and should be able to melt him away.
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 450 ★★★
    I want the shards, and my top 3 classes are cosmic, mutant, and science. First 2 are material days, so sadly this is my best opportunity for shards.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Yeah I’ll be doing 7 mystic runs each week, this is far easier than the cosmic day for me.
    Use CapIW for 4 of the path fights, void for mephisto and torch for doom. Easy
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    This was slightly easier for me compared to Cosmic.

I used CAPIW (5/65) for Hood, Loki, BWCV and Symb Supreme while I used Void (4/55) for Mephisto. I used HT for Doom and would usually get him down to 25% (can't avoid that shock damage) while the others would finish him off. My team was CAIW (5/65), HT (5/65), Void (4/55), Quake (4/55), Thing (4/55). No revives, no boosts.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    The issue I’m seeing with any of these Herald bosses is that you need to bring just the right counters each day. If you miscalculate who will work best, then forget it. It seems to me that using these champs is a sure one-shot:

Aarkus: Doom
    Mysterio: Venom
    Doom: Human Torch
    Sinister: Warlock
    Void: Blade w/ synergy
    Mole Man: Colossus?
    Air-Walker: Doom
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    The shock damage is stupid