**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Human Torch Matchup Dependent?

EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
What I mean by the question is whether you would take torch to fight in a matchup without energy damage or mystics. I’ve heard some people say that he needs to fight mystics and energy to do decent damage, others I’ve seen saying that he can still be viable for matchups without mystics and energy damage.

Is Human Torch Matchup Dependent? 77 votes

Yes
58%
HazerfaceThereticLvernon15BluestoneNemesis666Hammerbro_64spidey31415926Moot4LifeKillerRino19LmaoRaichu626AleorIKONDenslo500RockypantherxBillie90EtjamaMobile_P0tat0gsil6374Arsoz 45 votes
No
41%
MhykkeFineDogSungjMalchaeisWaynedavyPatchie93EB54manveertherealcookiedealerButtehrsWozzy101-sixate-Iron_Patriot_is_litDeaconDJMNHEwell65SSS69Etm34Skydad23Doctor_Strange19ValBr111 32 votes

Comments

• WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    Did you just voted?
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Yes
    My dumb self hit yes when I meant no... lol. I don’t think he needs energy damage or mystics, in a sup-optimal matchup, he still outdamages groot. I also think he can gain a lot of extra damage from heal reversal on mutants.
  • Mcoc_alMcoc_al Posts: 46
    No
    No.
    Not many champs are incinerate immune and those that are are not nova immune. So the damage in non mystic/energy fights in constant just not massive
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Sure he can do fights without mystics and energy damage. Just like sym supreme can do fights without buffs. Or like karnak in any fight.
    Also you'd want at least to charge heavy where he doesn't block a lot to increase his hotness.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    No
    if you have human torch you know
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Yes

if you have human torch you know

i dont so maybe i dont know but i think he is match up dependant
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    No
    I’ve used my 4* for a lot of fights while getting uncollected that weren’t mystic or energy damage. There are definitely other champions who would do some of these fights better but imo just don’t take him to incinerate immune fights and a few other niche fights that he doesn’t work for and you’ll be good.
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    Yes
    Without prefight ability he is completely matchup dependent
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    Will3808 said:

I’ve used my 4* for a lot of fights while getting uncollected that weren’t mystic or energy damage. There are definitely other champions who would do some of these fights better but imo just don’t take him to incinerate immune fights and a few other niche fights that he doesn’t work for and you’ll be good.

yeah you could use him but why-owner of a 5* torch
  • Yes
    I mean all champs are match up dependent otherwise we would just rank the champ that looks coolest and use them for everything.

HT shines vs mystics/energy based matchups. In those he’s probably in your top 10, depending on the specifics. In general gameplay he’s good but not special. You Clare guaranteed to get at least one fight per quest that he will destroy because of his prefight. If there’s a champ I know I won’t solo I often prefight with torch to get a big chunk of damage down before finishing with someone else. He’s a good guaranteed 100k damage in a bad fight.