**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best place to use mastery points before you can afford the good ones?

I'm a free player with the basic set up and nowhere near enough units to spend on carbo cores for the high end masteries. I have some mastery points chucked in useless places just to get rid of the notification and I was wondering which cheap masteries are best to chuck them into until I save up for the expensive ones. Also, is it worth focusing on saving up for the expensive masteries as a free player or am I better off forgetting about them and buying revives to get through content?

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Post screenshots of your existing mastery.

I am FTP and reworking my mastery to get full Despair, DW, Assassin.

You can also use this site as a guide.
    https://auntm.ai/masteries/

Investing in mastery is way better than buying revives.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    yeah post your current setup and we can work off there. precision, cruelty, parry, stupefy should all be maxed ideally for a basic setup
  • Lobster44Lobster44 Posts: 147
    I'm about 200 units off getting cruelty, at which point I'll fix the proficencies to get back the mastery points I spent in useless places like maxing dexterity and pacify (not sure if this one's useful), which completes the basic set up. From there it doesn't seem worth getting glass cannon as it's 7 stony cores to max for a worse maxed greater strength and I don't plan on getting suicides, while dispair is expensive so I really don't know what I should be getting in the meantime.

• Dexterity is very useful when versus harder opponents for the extra bonuses assuming that you can anticipate potential attacks? I'd most likely recommend keeping at Rank 1 or higher.

Pacify might be worth keeping at Rank 1 too if you have multiple Champions with Stun based on the lack of Stun Counters.

Blocking Masteries like Stand Your Ground and Perfect Block are lackluster unless you have Captain America or any Variants for the 100% chance of Perfect Block.

Cruelty and Precision are worthwhile and must-haves assuming that you wish to proceed past Act 4 and above.
    edited August 2020
    Just to clarify when I said "useless places like maxing dexterity" I meant the ranks above 1, I'm aware getting dexterity to rank 1 is one of the most important mastery investments. Thinking though what to do when I unlock cruelty, I'm currently thinking the best investments for the time between now and getting dispair/deep wounds seems to be getting the points back in pacify, then dumping any excess points in greater strength. Is there a better cheap mastery I'm missing or is that the plan?
    Edit: Pierce seems like it could have uses too, which should be my priority between that and pacify/greater strength, and also where does petrify stand?
    I would take points out of limber and dex and have 1/3 for both. I also have glass cannon because it gives more attack for the same amount of points compared to greater strength. pacify is alright, but I might put it into willpower or something else
    Yeah, I just chucked the points in limber and dex cause I didn't know where to put them. As for going for willpower, it's going to cost 1.1k units which I don't have just to get rank 1, same thing with dispair, which is really my current problem. In terms of glass cannon/greater strength, I totally understand why glass cannon is better in the end, but I can't justify the units on it at my progression point, so really what I'm asking is where do I shove my points before I can afford those masteries. Are pacify and greater strength currently my best options?
    Lobster44 said:

Yeah, I just chucked the points in limber and dex cause I didn't know where to put them. As for going for willpower, it's going to cost 1.1k units which I don't have just to get rank 1, same thing with dispair, which is really my current problem. In terms of glass cannon/greater strength, I totally understand why glass cannon is better in the end, but I can't justify the units on it at my progression point, so really what I'm asking is where do I shove my points before I can afford those masteries. Are pacify and greater strength currently my best options?

yeah I guess those two would be the best, especially strength just for a bit more damage
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Lobster44 said:

I'm a free player with the basic set up and nowhere near enough units to spend on carbo cores for the high end masteries. I have some mastery points chucked in useless places just to get rid of the notification and I was wondering which cheap masteries are best to chuck them into until I save up for the expensive ones. Also, is it worth focusing on saving up for the expensive masteries as a free player or am I better off forgetting about them and buying revives to get through content?

I'm free player to and recently unlock suicide masteries I know that many players are disagree with me, but I feel like I waste my units the same with willpower, recently I become cavalier and I'm stand at 6.2.2 due I don't have any counter to MS. This set up of masteries works for me.

Occasionally I put points on mistic dispersion. Suicide masteries turn off, for f2p like us are very expensive and if you want turn off you have that invest more units, if you don't have a friendly champs with suicide masteries never unlock them, I have a 5* rank 5 ghost even I don't use those masteries and if I could retreat the time I never unlock them.
  • How many units do you have then. Because glass cannon would be 6 units in total to max and the payback on it is not as bad if your e worried about health then chuck the others you retrieve on greater health or recovery or salve

How many units do you have then. Because glass cannon would be 6 units in total to max and the payback on it is not as bad if your e worried about health then chuck the others you retrieve on greater health or recovery or salve

I think you need stony cores to unlock