**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Give some old champs certain immunities!(As in, how does Iceman take frostbite damage)

WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
Ghostrider should have Incinerate, Coldsnap, Frosbite Immunities. He didn't because he was an old character, but warlock has this and more while ghostrider literally made of hellfire, can catch fire from Gwenpool's gun. At the time maybe it was OP to give ghostrider these immunities, but he's getting real old.

Iceman should have coldsnap immunity! How can someone freeze ice to be what more frozen? That makes no sense.

Dormammu already has the Mephisto synergy for energy resistance but really should have like 100% resistance to incinerate or something. He's pure energy! Fire can't burn pure energy.

There might be others, but these are just the ones that really bugged me for a very long time. And 4 years ago, sure, ghostrider with triple immunities wouldv been busted, but its 2020!

Iceman and Ghostrider and Dormammu already lack damage or flashy abilities. Least they can get are fire/ice immunities(Also giving them some more damage wouldn't be bad, but that's for another day)

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sayig they suck without it. Its that there's no reason not to give it to them cuz it makes sense for them to be immune to those things and it wouldn't be game breaking to do so.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Not another one of these posts... use the search tool, there have been many posts on this topic and they’ve had responses
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

Not another one of these posts... use the search tool, there have been many posts on this topic and they’ve had responses

I don't want to press a like somewhere or post on an old link. It's not like I'm wining about my pulls or asking for compensation or whatever. I know that the reason for these immunities not being there was for balance. But that's 2016! With the new team dedicated on balance changes, I was hoping we could see some positive change not only in the big changes like touching magneto, but small things like this too
  • Options

WRIR said:

Ghostrider should have Incinerate, Coldsnap, Frosbite Immunities. He didn't because he was an old character, but warlock has this and more while ghostrider literally made of hellfire, can catch fire from Gwenpool's gun. At the time maybe it was OP to give ghostrider these immunities, but he's getting real old.

Iceman should have coldsnap immunity! How can someone freeze ice to be what more frozen? That makes no sense.

Dormammu already has the Mephisto synergy for energy resistance but really should have like 100% resistance to incinerate or something. He's pure energy! Fire can't burn pure energy.

There might be others, but these are just the ones that really bugged me for a very long time. And 4 years ago, sure, ghostrider with triple immunities wouldv been busted, but its 2020!

Iceman and Ghostrider and Dormammu already lack damage or flashy abilities. Least they can get are fire/ice immunities(Also giving them some more damage wouldn't be bad, but that's for another day)

Iceman lacks damage? Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHqb6mcbjtM. He may be old but he is still great. He doesn't need it. Same for Ghost Rider.
    It's interesting but pretty impractical. Also damage wasn't even my point. I'm not saying he's a wet noodle, just that he doesn't hit as hard as so many top tier champs.