**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Quake > Ghost. An in-depth explanation thread.

Comments

• WolfrhkWolfrhk Posts: 78
    I've been using Quake as my Uncollected boss killer ever since bringing her to R4, she totally shuts down BS nodes like the extra healing for Guilly 2099. Her 0 power gain is one of her best tricks.

Our Map4 BG has had trouble with Man Thing mini boss this week so I decided to push her to R5, she now handles him with no trouble.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    My point overall is, ghost can already do 99% of the content better and faster than Quake, so it's a no brainer that she is better. Quake is for the 1% you can't do with ghost lol. My Ghost literally carried me to Cav a week or so ago
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    What's the biggest health pool anyone's one shot with quake (outside of WS/ROL)
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Love to play quake more than ghost but one truestrike node and she is done for.
    Hazzalec1 said:

Technically, quake can conquer more things than ghost. Technically she is more useful than ghost. However, in the majority of endgame content, she’s almost not practical for it, or at least, ghost is considerably more practical.

Some people don’t have time to sit there quake and shaking for 45 hours, especially when there’s ghost warming the bench, who could do it quite easily in 10 mins.

Also, it’s almost objective that ghost is more fun to play than quake, or at the very least tied. This game is about fun.

Now I’m not taking anything away from quake, she’s amazing. But for me personally, I don’t have the time, nor the patience, to do a quest (e.g. 6.3.x) in an hour or so, when another great champ (such as ghost) can do it in an eighth of the time.

Just my opinion.

I said that and got disagrees :P

ChriissR said:

Ghost is more sustainable. Unless you're a perfect Quake player, that parry damage and suicide damage in high level content will shred you. While with Ghost, you don't even have to be the best Ghost player to easily not take any damage. Mess up a phase? It's okay just keep dashing back until you phase again lol

If you are a perfect Quake player, then sure she's definitely great. But one mistake, and there goes your health.

Yes but mess up a phase and get hit because the enemy was to passiv and you also get hit and ghosts health pool is also extremely low.

And talking about suicide dmg sry but "shredd you"? That total BS just skill glas Canon and coagulation and it's just 5% perfight 🤣🤷‍♂️
    Ugh I'm a meh player and I can still Ghost like a pro, you don't need to be MSD. You just can't stop fanboying for Quake
    GagoH said:

I’m gonna dish the final blow to this thread to end the debate once and for all.

For starters, everyone saying quakes weakness are those nodes/few champions above are reaching. There hardly is that many.

The real or main deciding factor of ghost vs quake is the healthpool aspect imo.

For shorter fights, I give it to quake.

I just took quake to a fight in 6.3 and the healthpool was an absurd 300k. I can only imagine it being even more in 6.4 and let’s not forget down the line in act 7.

Anyways, Quake was my first r5 and I’ve fully mastered her parry style of play, but in this fight I took 30% damage just from parries!! Now, I know someone is going to counter and say “if you played her dex style you wouldn’t have taken any”, but heres the thing, as the healthpool goes up you’re more and more bound to slip up and take a combo to the face playing her dex style.

Thank you
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited August 2020
    Ghost > Quake every day for me. I have ghost 5+6* and Quake at 4* so no competition as far as I’m concerned.

Quake my as well be Groot for me as I suck with her
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Lioz178 said:

Hahahah. Who ever says ghost is better is kidding themselves. Quake is a cheat code to everything. U don't even need to know what a sp attack is with her. Just dash back and melt ur opponents

Actually, she takes skill to use properly. You have to have perfect timing with her, or you get cornered and whiffed. She's not a cheat code.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

i personally think both are OP broken.
    i think that they make a mockery of almost all content.
    what ghost fails at quake almost always is the answer and vice versa.
    personally i am not a fan of either as i have never been a fan of OP cheat code style things for games.
    but each to their own.

Yes they both require high skill and different skill.
    the make you play the game vastly different to how you play with anyone else.
    which is the only reason i would not directly call for a nerf. however i do believe they are seriously overpowered and noone else in game with the exception of maybe Aegon and now Doom can even begin to come close to the levels of all round power they have.

OP, in the initial post you mention that Stubborn node counters Quake, well it also counters Ghost play as well. and i believe this tactic was introduced primarily as a defence against ghost and quake.

I know i am going to get dislikes and people crying at me for saying these two aree OP broken but hey, hats my opinion and i am not the only one.
    If you wanna use them then great. enjoy, have fun. but when the game is at a point where whenever you ask "how do i beat this?" "how do i beat that?" and the answer is always Ghost or Quake it gets a bit boring and repetitive.
    and when every second post / video is "ghost/Quake destroys this" its just like YES YES YES WE GET IT. THEY CAN DO EVERYTHING.

as i said my opinion.
    but yes i do agree if played ideally and well Quake is better than Ghost, however i believe it is too hard to say one is better than the other overall as they both have some weaknesses and although they have different strengths/weaknesses and playstyles it all balances to about the same.
    An expert Ghoster will phase 90% of content.
    An expert Quaker will Shake 90% of content
    and expert in both will Shake and Phase 100% of content.

@Sensei_Maat I stopped watching gameplay in youtube for my act 6 completion mainly because everyone and their mother was saying Ghost and quake for every chapter. It gets boring after a while. I am one of the few people I think that would not cry if both are nerfed. Both are cheat codes that should not exist in a game. I have both at rank 5 5star and I don't use them that much
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    I'm now seeing people using quake more than ghost. That's also means which has more effectiveness in game. Also talking about synergy, very few people use ghost without synergy and talking about quake, she doesn’t even need any synergy. Also her synergy with nick furry making other champ to whole new level.
    Quake>Ghost
  • PirateJonPirateJon Posts: 82
    Quake is too boring to play. Ghost is fun with big yellow numbers. This is a game, have some fun with it.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    OP, you are crazy starting a thread like this. They are both top tier in their own ways and really completely different. So Quake can be better than Ghost, depending on the fight. I would say that she isn’t always better.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Does it even matter though? Both pale in comparison to our true lord and savior Groot.

You're comparing apples and oranges when you can just have the whole damn watermelon.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    whenever i see a Quake is God discussion i always put an * by Quake. and i put an asterisk because if you don't Quake and Shake or Bake or whatever she's not in the discussion for top champs. definitely a good one but unless you can take advantage of what is a very unique play style, she'll sit on your roster.

I love Quake personally but I do know that she isn't for everyone. and without being able to Shake or Bake, or Cake lol she won't be included in people's roster when trying to complete something of substance.