**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should 5* basic crystals cost be cut in half

LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
There is not a good reason to pull a 5* basic anymore, and I feel you should pull them completely or drop their price in half. Even if you have an equal number of needed pulls from every class the dual class crystals are a better value. In addition if you stick to the same dual class crystal you will max sig your 5*s of those classes faster leading to more 6* shards.

Reducing the cost of the 5* will keep it as a desired crystal, while maintaining its pool size.

Should 5* basic crystals cost be cut in half 162 votes

cut the cost
40%
SnakeEyes69Ajavedabn86Tthunder2058Vivek_786SymbioticVen9MCropDusterBluestone_ASDF_AgentDoom9Was525Tarun46HeattblasttKerneasTheHoodedDormammuAdvShafeeq10or_StrongplayinggameletKent 66 votes
keep the cost
59%
danielmathEb0ny-O-M4wFrostybuffajrTendersquadTerraDuo_KulioThereticDarknrahl2Anonymous346Pwf57Baseballguy711SceptilemaniacHendrossMoot4LifeHilldarShtickRickNioc0124GoddessIliasTiborgina 96 votes

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    cut the cost
    currently it's worthless
  • ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★
    cut the cost
    @Lormif even I got this weird feeling after getting my 1st dual-class crystal , thinking that now who will buy the basics and bro I guess this dual-class crystals are available for uncollected and LVL 40+ summoners... (correct me if I'm wrong)

IT is likely a wish come true
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    cut the cost
    Neotwism said:

I'm sure a lot of ppl will disagree with me but I think the dual class crystals should be only for Cav level players or level 60 players who usually have already built up a large pool of champs and need to target a specific champ. Opening it up to everyone I don't think is fair. Look how many meme tier champs are at a high sig because the basic crystals we're the only option. Now the odds have drastically changed for newer players and it's at the same cost. I expected the dual crystals to cost more shards and be between the basic and featured crystal.

if they did that then it would retain the value for the lower tier crowd, but not for the upper tier crowd. In either cases the 5* should be reduced or replaced with just the dual class at the upper tier.
  • PrincenayarwPrincenayarw Posts: 367 ★★
    cut the cost
    I mean 3*s cost 2k shards and 4*s cost 2k shards so why should 5*s cost 10k?! It should be 7.5k id say thata reasonable than just cutting it in half, moreover the release of the dual class makes it so that they cost 2.5 k more than regular 5* crystals is they were made to be 7.5k
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    keep the cost
    Not by half, maybe cut it down to 7500 or something
    cut the cost

Not by half, maybe cut it down to 7500 or something

the poll itself was just if it should be cut, my opinion was in half.
  • IryseIryse Posts: 462 ★★★
    keep the cost
    I have never opened a featured, yet I stand here with aegon, fury, domino, omega, colossus, ghost, thing and many more out of basics. Dual class gave me a iron fist. So, they seem to be of value to me and I dont think they are Irrelevant. If you think so, stop opening them and use your shards somewhere else.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    keep the cost
    I think these two crystals have their own pros and cons.

The pros of the basic: You have more champs and variety in classes. You're not missing out on a single class.

The cons of the basic: You have a 1/6 chance of getting a specific class.

The pros of the dual: You have 1/2 a chance of getting a specific class.

The cons of the dual: The classes are fixed, meaning if you buy one dual crystal, you miss out on the other 2/3 of the classes.

I think that they should both stay 10k.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    keep the cost

I think these two crystals have their own pros and cons.

The pros of the basic: You have more champs and variety in classes. You're not missing out on a single class.

The cons of the basic: You have a 1/6 chance of getting a specific class.

The pros of the dual: You have 1/2 a chance of getting a specific class.

The cons of the dual: The classes are fixed, meaning if you buy one dual crystal, you miss out on the other 2/3 of the classes.

I think that they should both stay 10k.

agree with this. a lot of people don't need a specific champ, and if they continue to target the "best" dual Crystal, they'll drain resources for one class. I wouldn't mind if they make uncollected 5* like 9k and for Cavs have 5* be 8k, but I don't think it's needed
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    keep the cost

Neotwism said:

I'm sure a lot of ppl will disagree with me but I think the dual class crystals should be only for Cav level players or level 60 players who usually have already built up a large pool of champs and need to target a specific champ. Opening it up to everyone I don't think is fair. Look how many meme tier champs are at a high sig because the basic crystals we're the only option. Now the odds have drastically changed for newer players and it's at the same cost. I expected the dual crystals to cost more shards and be between the basic and featured crystal.

Its not like I can just use any champ to clear act 5, you know. Not only cav players target specific champs.
    I don't deny that non Cavs hunt specific champs, but act five really isn't that restrictive. sure 5.3 has class based attack restrictions, but you can do it with any class, especially if you have any high damage champ
    cut the cost
    Iryse said:

I have never opened a featured, yet I stand here with aegon, fury, domino, omega, colossus, ghost, thing and many more out of basics. Dual class gave me a iron fist. So, they seem to be of value to me and I dont think they are Irrelevant. If you think so, stop opening them and use your shards somewhere else.

we are talking about basic not featured, featured still has a place.
  • keep the cost
    I pulled a doctor voodoo dupe form the basic and a day later from the class crystal. They are basically the same thing but I don't see the need to cut the cost yet. I can see it happening in the future though
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    keep the cost

Neotwism said:

Its not like I can just use any champ to clear act 5, you know. Not only cav players target specific champs.
    Where in Act 5 do u need a specific champ? Some champs make it easier than others but act 5 isn't restricted if u don't have a certain champ. Ppl these days are able to rush through story and don't even try to develop 3* and 4* rosters. They just do the bare minimum and focus on 5&6* champs. Then they complain about content being too difficult because they haven't taken the time to learn the basic mechanics of the majority of the champs in the game. The dual crystals being open to everyone just makes it easier to ignore the majority of champs and just focus on the top champs. The game isn't designed to be rushed through. It used to be about patience and developing a full roster to have options to handle different situations. These crystals being available to everyone right off the bat in my opinion hurts newer players more than it helps. That's y I think the dual crystals should have been available to more advanced players only. It's too late to change it now. The only options left are to leave things how they are which makes basic crystals meaningless or reduce the cost of the basic crystals. Dual crystals make it easier to target champs tailored to your needs and resources. I can't think of a single reason to buy a basic crystal anymore.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    cut the cost
    I pressed the wrong button, keep the cost the same as Dual.

As it stands these dual crystals are only really of benefit for late game players who are targeting specific parts of their roster, or specific champs. I will eventually be going for them to pull Quake, but there’s only 5 more 5* that I actually want and I’m trying to start focussing my resources on 6* these days. more junior player with a more limited roster would be far better off going for either the generic 5* or possibly the featured as that’s going to have such good odds of pulling a ‘god tier’.

If you limit yourself to choosing between 3 sets of class types there are going to be massive holes in your roster in a way that generic 5* are more likely to fill.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    keep the cost
    Is everyone neglecting the fact that Dual Crystals give only give you the chance at great champs in 2 classes? If you're targeting champs from different classes let's say Ghost, Quake, Ægon, are you going to rotate Dual Crystals? Why do that when you can have a chance at all of em from a Basic? Don't get me wrong, I think the Basics have lost value, but they're still not worthless at all and the cost definitely shouldn't be cut in half. 8k sounds about right.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    keep the cost
    Uncollected make 7500
    Cavaler make 5000
  • Lioz178Lioz178 Posts: 63
    keep the cost
    Make it cost 8k not less. Basics are helpful for new summoners. Only reason u go for dual class is when you have a developed roster and you are hunting certain champs