**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are basic 5* Crystals essentially irrelevant now?

Just a thought I had. Now that you can target champs, or even just target particular ISO if you want with the Dual Class Crystals, why would you ever buy a 5* Basic Crystal? Why not increase the price a little and make it a nexus instead of a basic?

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    ye
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    I mean not really. If you have completed a large piece of content like 100% LOL or Act 5/6 then maybe you don’t want to go for just one class, you want to go all in and see what you get.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    I mean not really. If you have completed a large piece of content like 100% LOL or Act 5/6 then maybe you don’t want to go for just one class, you want to go all in and see what you get.

Edit : Sorry this double commented no idea why. Also if you are suggesting to get rid of them I say NO. They have been a staple of the game for years and I intend to keep them!
  • TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 225 ★★

They’re not irrelevant, the class ones can help target a certain champ but if there’s a range of champs you’re after or you’re not too bothered who you get, the basic Crystal is the way to go. Basics have just as much chance to pull a good champ as class ones so it’s not like they’re useless

I mean, I guess. But realistically everyone has someone in mind who they’d like to go for. Or at the very least a 6* they want to rank up and could use a certain class ISO to help them do so.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★

They’re not irrelevant, the class ones can help target a certain champ but if there’s a range of champs you’re after or you’re not too bothered who you get, the basic Crystal is the way to go. Basics have just as much chance to pull a good champ as class ones so it’s not like they’re useless

I mean, I guess. But realistically everyone has someone in mind who they’d like to go for. Or at the very least a 6* they want to rank up and could use a certain class ISO to help them do so.
    I personally still open basics. I don’t like the idea of never being able to get certain champs if I’m always targeting the same dual crystal. Occasionally I’ll go for the dual one but mostly, I’ll be popping basics.
  • TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 225 ★★
    TP33 said:

Edit : Sorry this double commented no idea why. Also if you are suggesting to get rid of them I say NO. They have been a staple of the game for years and I intend to keep them!

I’m not saying get rid of them, but in my mind it would be to anyone’s advantage to go for a dual class over a basic. I just don’t think the value lines up properly, so that’s why I would think a change to nexus or maybe a discount of 1000 shards to the basic at the least.
  • Not really, like others have said, the class ones have the same chance of getting a good or bad champ as the basic, just a more focused and limited pool though
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    For now I think, but the dual crystal will be irrelevant in the future because the class will grow more with time so it will get harder to target the specific champion in the future.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t say irrelevant but definitely less relevant as before for sure.

To me the crystals that’s always been irrelevant are the features. I just never seen the value of them, ive opened maybe 5 total and been 1/5. Which if you think about it, is a good outcome but just never been a gambler myself in that aspect.

The 5 star crystal as someone said if good for folks who need a slew of champs and don’t mind if they pull one from any class.

The problem with the dual crystal is there in the name, it’s a dual crystal. It has 2 sets of classes, so unless you’re super super lucky, the chances you get a champ from a specific class you want are still low; just not as low as a regular 5 star.

Don’t get me wrong, the dual is still a GREAT addition to the game. Especially if you open in bunches, chances are less slim to get what you need.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Just a thought I had. Now that you can target champs, or even just target particular ISO if you want with the Dual Class Crystals, why would you ever buy a 5* Basic Crystal? Why not increase the price a little and make it a nexus instead of a basic?

Because then that's devaluing the completion reward of Act 6. I don't think we'll get shard-purchasable Nexus crystals until further down the line when Nexus crystals become more common.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I don’t see any reason to go basic over dual, there’s always going to be a certain class that’s better for you, wether it’s a certain champ you need or if you’ve got more resources for that class and need someone to rank
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Basic crystals will be for those that can't decide what they want immediately or otherwise already have all the champs they need immediately and can't decide what they want next.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Yeah I don’t think I’ll bother with basics anymore. At the very least I can target the ISO I need, but either way I imagine it’ll take a long time for me to pull the Aegon I’m hunting for so.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Said basics were gonna be irrelevant ever since dual crystals were announced and now i still stand by it
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I got the exact champ I needed from the dual crystals (Claire), at first I was going to continue hunting for aegon, Nick and quake from the class crystals, but instead I decided to turn to basics until I can get the 5*s I have up (stealthy, Claire, hulkbuster, AA, probably Ronin all the way to rank 3 and above). If I go for dual crystals, and I get the champs I still want, there would be too much competition for catalysts. I'd rather get who I have up first, get the basics for iso and arena points, then go back to duals when I can rank up again.