**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why do people think that Ice Man is "god tier"??

I'm very curious, why do people consider him god tier? The hype needs to die.
Triple immunities: Doesnt matter if you don't get hit, with the exception of Abominations passive poison
Coldsnap can stop evade: SO can Archangel, and other defensive ability accuracy reduction champs
He can tank and L3: So can the Magnetos, does that make them god tier??

Comments

• NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    Triple immunity is good when you get hit, or good for suicides. If you play perfectly you shouldn't get hit
    Read the poll a couple of posts down rather than starting a new thread as it has your answers

I read that poll, and the Iceman hype needs to die, he is not the only champ that can counter evade, and he is not the only champ that can tank an l3....
    His damage isn't good compared to other champs either
    Raa wrote: »
    Name one champ that bypasses evade from the start of the fight til the end. Add that to his triple immunities, the fact that frostbites aren't considered debuffs and his ability to take an l3 like it was a basic hit and tell me why he is overhyped.

Magneto can tank multiple l3's from Hyperion, unlike Iceman which requires the ice armor. Triple immunity does NOT matter unless you get hit or run suicides, Evade doesn't matter unless they are stun immune, Crossbones can stop evade right from the beginning with furies
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    His damage is better than 60% of all champions, at least.
    Immunity is good against nodes with Bleed or Poison.
    Ice Armor is active all the time as long as you play well. So does the coldsnap against champions with Evade.
    Also he doens't rely on debuffs to have good damage
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited September 2017
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    Name one champ that bypasses evade from the start of the fight til the end. Add that to his triple immunities, the fact that frostbites aren't considered debuffs and his ability to take an l3 like it was a basic hit and tell me why he is overhyped.

Magneto can tank multiple l3's from Hyperion, unlike Iceman which requires the ice armor. Triple immunity does NOT matter unless you get hit or run suicides, Evade doesn't matter unless they are stun immune, Crossbones can stop evade right from the beginning with furies
    Triple immunities help you face bleed/poison and Healblock nodes.

Evade nullification does matter if they have maxed limber or you don't wanna take a lot of parry damage in longer fights.

No, Crossbones doesn't, he can easily still get evaded even with 5 furies, and I don't think he reduces it all the way down 100% either.
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    When champs are stun immune? All or nothing? Bleed/ poison nodes? Can tank 20 l3s? Does damage over time and huge direct damage when breaking frostbite? Plus hes the only one that can immediately stop all evasions down to 0%

Ice armor shatters, Magneto can tanks l3's during the entire fight

Evade nullification does matter if they have maxed limber or you don't wanna take a lot of parry damage in longer fights.

No, Crossbones doesn't, he can easily still get evaded even with 5 furies, and I don't think he reduces it all the way down 100% either.

I've been told that he has 22% defensive ability reduction with 5 furies, not 100% sure if thats true, but if it is true, thats over 100% reduction, I don't see how anyone can evade
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★

I've been told that he has 22% defensive ability reduction with 5 furies, not 100% sure if thats true, but if it is true, thats over 100% reduction, I don't see how anyone can evade

Is not a flat 22%. So is not 22 + 22 + 22...
    Even with 100 furys, there would still be a chance for the enemy to evade
    Immunity doesnt matter if you play like an absolute god, they are good in aq, but so are other champs bros
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★

Its multiplicative not additive. (0.22^5) * 100 = ability reduction.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    I'm very curious, why do people consider him god tier? The hype needs to die.
    Triple immunities: Doesnt matter if you don't get hit, with the exception of Abominations passive poison
    Coldsnap can stop evade: SO can Archangel, and other defensive ability accuracy reduction champs
    He can tank and L3: So can the Magnetos, does that make them god tier??

running suicides with ArchAngel in AQ, he will die after a few matches without using Pots.

Iceman won't. ... and iceman can tank sp3's losing next to no health. and can handle evade.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    As far as archangel, he is a great champ. Very useful for AW attack but carries less utility and usefulness for other aspects of the game. Some would argue AA as a god tier champ solely based on how he performs in AW against champs like Magik. But still not at the level of Iceman