**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

ROL WS Test w/medusa vs others

After watching BGs video today on his medusa testing and hearing many people talk about how good medusa was and potentially taking the #2 spot in the cosmic category I was inspired to do some testing of my own because its hard to find people using angela correctly on YT.

I performed 2minute tests like BG and report the following total damage in the 1000s:

Medusa - 71.3 (ended w/target bleeding)
Angela - 78.6
Drax - 79.7 (ended w/target bleeding)
Gwenpool - 87.5 (ended w/target bleeding)
Archangel - 150.3 (ended w/neuro poison and bleeds lol)
Hyperion - 153.9

Testing parameter notes: All champs were 3* 4/40 >20 sig lvls; mastery setup had NO suicides but had 3/5 DW; used mutant crit team, played more aggressive than usual; AA and hype were only tested once, angela and drax 3 times, medusa more than 3 times w/different synergies and methods as BG did.

***Conclusion***
1. AA and hype are monsters (to no surprise)
2. Preliminary tests put medusa behind drax and angela but maybe in line with thor.
3. Drax is underrated and the max furies stacked at anytime were 5 (I have managed to stack more than 10 before)

Discuss your thoughts on the above and welcome more tests especially with results that do not replicate these. For now I will be holding my 5* shards but medusa does seem like a great defender with that mean autoblock.

Comments

• GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    How are you using Angela? Getting to right before l2 and using l1, rinse and repeat?
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    How are you using Angela? Getting to right before l2 and using l1, rinse and repeat?

Correct, maintaining 3 furies virtually the entire time. Her high base crit rate mixed with the mutant crit is very effective.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★

Grimmbear wrote: »

Correct, maintaining 3 furies virtually the entire time. Her high base crit rate mixed with the mutant crit is very effective.

Cool, thx for the info
    Np :)
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Hmm have you tried her against robot champions?
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    When I saw the Medusa video... I thought it took to long to do alot of damage... I like her stacked bleeds... but not the best bleed champ out there... Too me... she is a good champ to have... But she can wait... I agree with you... Hyperion and Thor still the best Champs unless Hela takes over...
    Hmm have you tried her against robot champions?

No I have not I mainly did this to see if it was worth gambling the 5* shards because I love her look, her mechanics and gameplay, however, I am looking towards endgame content and just wanted to see how viable she was as a damage dealer.
    Unfortunately there is not much time left on the crystals so I hope someone finds an o.p. methodology to using her fast.
    When I saw the Medusa video... I thought it took to long to do alot of damage... I like her stacked bleeds... but not the best bleed champ out there... Too me... she is a good champ to have... But she can wait... I agree with you... Hyperion and Thor still the best Champs unless Hela takes over...

Ya I did not have a 3* 4/40 with >20 sig lvls to compare to but I should soon.

However I do not think dps-wise he is much better than angela or drax because he relies on stacking parries while triggering a fury (which gets easier to trigger longer the fight) and it takes up valuable time doing so. So in this type of test I dont think it would accurately represent thor's dps. Kind of how it takes time to fire gwenpools sp3 and get that initial armour break.

For me its always been hyperion #1 and then drax thor or angela #2 depending on the situation. (I.e. no immunities i prefer drax, bleed immune thor or angela, etc).

I am bias toward angela only because she does not rely on bleeds or parries, and is super easy for me to intercept for some reason (guessing it's her unusually long reach)
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Thanks for the write up. Sort of what I thought but haven't tested. I didn't want to waste 5* shards either.
    I still think Angela is underrated.
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Thanks for the write up. Sort of what I thought but haven't tested. I didn't want to waste 5* shards either.
    I still think Angela is underrated.

No problem glad I could lend an somewhat unbias oppinion.

There is room for error of course, and as with most new champs there is the potential of specific methodology of usage that is not immediately evident for the champ's max dps (as angela, quite a few people still do not use her most effectively).

But I just think for now it is better to hold the shards for the well known god tier champs such as stark spidey.

• After watching BGs video today on his medusa testing and hearing many people talk about how good medusa was and potentially taking the #2 spot in the cosmic category I was inspired to do some testing of my own because its hard to find people using angela correctly on YT.

I performed 2minute tests like BG and report the following total damage in the 1000s:

Angela - 78.6
    Hyperion - 153.9

Testing parameter notes: All champs were 3* 4/40 >20 sig lvls; mastery setup had NO suicides but had 3/5 DW; used mutant crit team, played more aggressive than usual; AA and hype were only tested once, angela and drax 3 times, medusa more than 3 times w/different synergies and methods as BG did.

***Conclusion***
    2. Preliminary tests put medusa behind drax and angela but maybe in line with thor.
    3. Drax is underrated and the max furies stacked at anytime were 5 (I have managed to stack more than 10 before)

Discuss your thoughts on the above and welcome more tests especially with results that do not replicate these. For now I will be holding my 5* shards but medusa does seem like a great defender with that mean autoblock.

How about Stark Spidey....Any Idea on him...Pulled him from 1 Medusa Crsytal the other day...Couldnt believe my luck....I know he is super champ but in wat bracket would he sit in this 2m Jumboree....
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    winter soldier getting wrekt again and again
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    After watching BGs video today on his medusa testing and hearing many people talk about how good medusa was and potentially taking the #2 spot in the cosmic category I was inspired to do some testing of my own because its hard to find people using angela correctly on YT.

Angela - 78.6
    Hyperion - 153.9

***Conclusion***

How about Stark Spidey....Any Idea on him...Pulled him from 1 Medusa Crsytal the other day...Couldnt believe my luck....I know he is super champ but in wat bracket would he sit in this 2m Jumboree....[/quote

God tier
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    My rank 3 medusa defeats WS in 4 minutes. Way faster than AA or Drax
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

Really faster than AA would mean faster than hyperion? Do you mind sharing your method to using her?

Angela - 78.6
    Hyperion - 153.9

***Conclusion***

How about Stark Spidey....Any Idea on him...Pulled him from 1 Medusa Crsytal the other day...Couldnt believe my luck....I know he is super champ but in wat bracket would he sit in this 2m Jumboree....

Well spark needs to build up his poise so like gwenpool it would probably be much more accurate to do tests longer than 2minutes.
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

Also this is exactly the one type of claims I was talking about that initiated me doing all this testing.
    Yeah I don't buy that claim. Could be wrong though.
    This type of comparative testing is great and I did some myself as well, the following are hit counts on ROL WS from start to finish, no timer, although the time would pretty much correlate to the hit count.

No suicides, 1/5 deep wounds, 5/5 assassin, mutant crit team

3/45 Medusa - 274 (bleeds maintained entire fight)
    3/45 Medusa with Inhuman Royal Family - 204 (bleeds maintained entire fight)
    3/45 Stark Spidey - 147 (Evade to 10 poise, steamroll'd)
    5/50 Gwenpool - 257 (Armor break maintained entire fight)
    5/50 Wolverine - 390 (Needed deep wounds, but direct comparison he suffers)

I think it's also worth noting that Medusa is insanely high prestige as a 5*, 5066 at sig52 for myself, blows the best 4*s out of the water. Also, her bleeds are gravy, not a main damage mechanic, so although compared to quite a few bleeders in the top tiers, she doesn't suffer nearly as much against bleed immunities, and in fact excels against people like money vision. In AQ today I armor shattered him off an l1, and viola, no synthesis or damage from specials, plus huge damage from the armor shatter, same mastery build as described above and we're talking 4k medium crits and 2.5k light crits available to the player right after a l1, pretty damage good imho to have 11 hit combo access to imho..

TL;DR I'd say Medusa is an amazing pickup for any top tier player thinking long term prestige, since she has an excellent kit of versatile high damage, high prestige, a nice AW defender (although who cares cause DiVeRsITy), would rate 8.5/10 only because she brings nothing new to the LOL exploration table.

Love this thank you so much, ya i think its fair to say she is not absolutely game changing insane damage output, but has great uses and overall a great champ. Just thought the hyperion-level/AA-level claims were a bit of a stretch. Oh and her prestige is great as well.

I like that you finished the fights because she too takes a bit to set-up I found.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    @MongooseSuicide good info. In the future, use a timer if you're able to because champs do a different number of hits on their specials. Also helps to understand damage output when using in AQ or AW fights :)
  • @MongooseSuicide good info. In the future, use a timer if you're able to because champs do a different number of hits on their specials. Also helps to understand damage output when using in AQ or AW fights :)

I definitely agree, but I hate using a timer per say, I just take them against SL in LOL and see how much damage they can do before enrage timeout if I'm interested in DPS.

My testing was more to show my alliance where she fell in terms of a few well known "Top Tier" characters so they could get a comparison, basically to prove that her damage output was impressive, definitely not game-changing or anything, but she has some interesting uses against Robots, damage in line with Top Tier, and stupid high prestige. It confirms, imho, that she truly is a rare choice for a top ally player looking for the combo of prestige and usability.

• AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Medusas L2 hits 10 times so don't use hit count when comparing. She has about the same damage output as GP and Spark.
    AA and hyperion will run out of parries quick in LoL, so she's better for it than both for most fights
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Medusas L2 hits 10 times so don't use hit count when comparing. She has about the same damage output as GP and Spark.
    AA and hyperion will run out of parries quick in LoL, so she's better for it than both for most fights

I thought GP was slightly ahead of medusa and GP does not have the same output as spark as far as I know, also I find its easy to heavy with hype after baiting the opponents heavy, AA stuns when neuros expire
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

I thought GP was slightly ahead of medusa and GP does not have the same output as spark as far as I know, also I find its easy to heavy with hype after baiting the opponents heavy, AA stuns when neuros expire

A 5/50 GP vs a 3/45 Medusa is not an apples-to-apples comparison. Medusa will have higher base stats so an advantage in damage output so that needs to be factored in as well.
  • Technically you can never get a true comparison, cause you could argue semantics down to time spent pulling specials, hit count per special, blah blah blah, (by the way Acanthus, I only used sp3s with medusa against WS to keep her bleeds running, keeping her hit count on specials in line with the other tested champs)

These sorts of comparisons provide the intended info, which is a semi-accurate determination of damage output so you can determine approx. where a champion falls in the popular tiers.

In my experience, using non suic builds and max assassin, with 1/5 deep wounds.

Stark Spidey/Starlord (The 2 standout damage champs imho) - 150 hits or less
    Top Tier Champs - Usually between 175-250 hits
    Everyone Else - 300+ hits

At a glance, you can tell by these hit counts where the character falls damage output wise, and combined with other attributes determine your own final ranking of a hero and its worth to you.
  • All of the above is meant for a 3/45-5/50 power level

Your thinking correctly... Sparks definitely has considerably more output than GP. Always find it amusing when a new champ comes out how they're the new God tier champ. I don't see many people bragging on GG anymore...
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Pics or it didn't happen
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    DaMunk wrote: »

Your thinking correctly... Sparks definitely has considerably more output than GP. Always find it amusing when a new champ comes out how they're the new God tier champ. I don't see many people bragging on GG anymore...

GP with suicides matches Spark easily. She needs to spam L3s anyway so recoil is not a detriment to her unlike Spark who wants to Spam L2s
    I know that guy is using identical mastery setup for everyone to compare, but it's not exactly fair when that setup is optimal for one champ and pretty bad for another (i.e. not max DW)
    In my alliance mates comparisons 4/55 SL does WS in ~2 min, while 4/55 Medusa does it in ~2:20. Obviously the gap would grow the longer the fight