**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

V4 Done! R5 Tech Help

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
I just finished the last path on the second quest of variant (the destructive feedback one) and spent a revive which I was pretty happy about, considering what I used on the other stuff. I almost have enough t5b frags for my second normal r5, which I'm 99% set on being colossus. I'm posting my roster below of anyone else has suggestions for that.

Then, from the rewards I pulled a skill ag(my second one) which Im ok about so I can hunt for fury and aegon. I also pulled a r5 tech gem, which was my least wanted option but oh well. I already have warlock as an r5, so I don't have any immediate options. I pulled a hb and have g2099, sentinel, and darkhawk, as well as a tech AG if that matters. Who do you think I should rank up? Thanks

also, I'd be happy to do a write up for anyone that needs help for v4 :)

Comments

• SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    I’d go Guilly 2099 good luck on Ægon and fury
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    If you haven't done variant 3 then sentinel helps a ton
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I'm mainly debating between sentinel and g2099 I think. sentinel would be amazing for v3, but g2099 is also super useful in general
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    g99
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Guilly 2099. Sentinel works at r4 for v3.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★
    Yondu!

Yondu!

yuck. I like yondu but not that much
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    Definitely Guilly. She's great for V3 and just amazing in general. Sentinel doesn't need r5 to tun through V3. Skill gem can go to Killmonger if you rank him up for it, but I'd hold at least one for the NF/Aegon/Blade pulls.

I'm 3 paths away from exploring v4 too. Most problematic being the power gain path on quest 2. Then there's me being too lazy to want to run the electro quest 2 more times.
    solopolo said:

Definitely Guilly. She's great for V3 and just amazing in general. Sentinel doesn't need r5 to tun through V3. Skill gem can go to Killmonger if you rank him up for it, but I'd hold at least one for the NF/Aegon/Blade pulls.

I'm 3 paths away from exploring v4 too. Most problematic being the power gain path on quest 2. Then there's me being too lazy to want to run the electro quest 2 more times.

you think it'd be worth it to pop my tech gem into sentinel? I already have a maxed warlock and 6* ghost
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★

solopolo said:

you think it'd be worth it to pop my tech gem into sentinel? I already have a maxed warlock and 6* ghost
    Tech AG on sentinel, yeah. And the rank-up on Guilly. Sig helps sentinel a ton in V3
    solopolo said:

solopolo said:

Tech AG on sentinel, yeah. And the rank-up on Guilly. Sig helps sentinel a ton in V3
    alright thanks!
  • Adamb208Adamb208 Posts: 152
    Just speaking personally on this one but you’ve already got warlock and ghost for V3. Sentinel doesn’t add a ton of value to that as you can run the table with them. Just need a champ that incinerates or shocks as an addition for the final boss (I didn’t find sentinel all that helpful in that regard just because it is so timing dependent; Claire made that an easy one shot even with the reduced damage). He would be more useful for V2 because he is XL in my book (Colossus is great there with heavy-sp2 rotation btw). I actually think with the rework on HB, I might favor him for V3 based on your other champs and how long his shock lasts.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    I have no clue what to do for v4. Any tips?
    Adamb208 said:

Just speaking personally on this one but you’ve already got warlock and ghost for V3. Sentinel doesn’t add a ton of value to that as you can run the table with them. Just need a champ that incinerates or shocks as an addition for the final boss (I didn’t find sentinel all that helpful in that regard just because it is so timing dependent; Claire made that an easy one shot even with the reduced damage). He would be more useful for V2 because he is XL in my book (Colossus is great there with heavy-sp2 rotation btw). I actually think with the rework on HB, I might favor him for V3 based on your other champs and how long his shock lasts.

hm thanks. similar to other advice people game me on my past threads
    Crcrcrc said:

you need a counter for the first electro and that's it. (and a decent five star roster) after the first two quests, they're pretty easy for completion
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I would go with Hulkbuster for that tech rank up. He will help with V2, V3, and a lot of content in general after his buff. I use him far more tham Sentinel now that I'm through V3.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I found this really helpful: https://frontlinemcoc.home.blog/2020/01/22/variant-4-waning-moon-recap-guides/

To OP - Normally I'd recommend Sentinel for V2 and V3 but since you have Warlock and Ghost, it's almost obsolete - I used my Ghost far more than Sentinel through most of V3. Also Warlock is one of the MVPs for the Kang fight at the end of V3 - cycle his L1 to keep shocks in effect.

In your case you're now looking at wider utility so look into what Guillotine 2099 and Hulkbuster offer to see what you value more compared to your current roster - note that the current Uncollected has a Spiked Armour path which G2099 is particularly good at with her inability to crit.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★

solopolo said:

Sentinel provides the best value for a Tech AG, since his awakened ability (the important one) is static and doesn't scale. Can leave him at sig level 1 and save your sig stones for other champions that benefit from higher sig levels.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

I found this really helpful: https://frontlinemcoc.home.blog/2020/01/22/variant-4-waning-moon-recap-guides/

To OP - Normally I'd recommend Sentinel for V2 and V3 but since you have Warlock and Ghost, it's almost obsolete - I used my Ghost far more than Sentinel through most of V3. Also Warlock is one of the MVPs for the Kang fight at the end of V3 - cycle his L1 to keep shocks in effect.

In your case you're now looking at wider utility so look into what Guillotine 2099 and Hulkbuster offer to see what you value more compared to your current roster - note that the current Uncollected has a Spiked Armour path which G2099 is particularly good at with her inability to crit.

You don’t need to use sp1 on kang with warlock, just fight normally and the virus charges stop him healing. He’s the best option for that fight.

Warlock, ghost, sentinel even at r3 are gonna clear the vast majority of v3 with doc oc and HB the best options for a couple of nasty paths, spite/2x PG and AON. R3 or r5 4* doc, r1 6* HB was fine in my case for those.
  • papunonlypapunonly Posts: 35
    Having explored all variants I'll say sentinel 100%.
    Useful in literally variants except v4 and also niche counter to so many nodes in act 6.