**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Herald difficulty

Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 322 ★★
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
It might just be my skill, having an off day or my champs but Herald difficulty just seemed too tuned up for my liking today. Especially since you can only enter once. I got shredded on doom between block pen, and 50% damage reduction. If it was more forgiving as in I could enter more times the difficulty would be easier to deal with imho. Ik these months are a testing period which is why I'm giving my input and hopefully others agree. Thank you for reading and I look forward to seeing others input as well. :smiley: (I'm a fairly experienced player that has done initial on act 6 and abyss for background)

Comments

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You should try using the class of champs that have an advantage, 50% damage reduction for 150-250k health is a lot.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    It was relatively easy for me with HT and CAIW. It was really straightforward IMO, and I feel like future SQ should be around this difficulty, probably even a bit higher.
  • Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★

It might just be my skill, having an off day or my champs but Herald difficulty just seemed too tuned up for my liking today. Especially since you can only enter once. I got shredded on doom between block pen, and 50% damage reduction. If it was more forgiving as in I could enter more times the difficulty would be easier to deal with imho. Ik these months are a testing period which is why I'm giving my input and hopefully others agree. Thank you for reading and I look forward to seeing others input as well. :smiley: (I'm a fairly experienced player that has done initial on act 6 and abyss for background)

Probably above your skill level. I used r3 5* for fun and didn't have an issue
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 322 ★★
    Yeah I can definitely see it being about your champs. I was able to do the mutant one very easily as tech I have ghost and g99. Just annoying its the rank up mats when for me the shards and generic sigs are of much much higher value. If any changes were to be made I think it'd be cool to have the classes flip every week so you could save up 2 weeks and do exactly what you want and get the resources you desire.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Disagree, in fact, I personally considered the mystic day to be far easier than the cosmic day, though my science roster is far more stacked than my mystic.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    It seems players need to focus on their best (or less worst) class considering the advantage of class... and moreover need to have the right champions. That is too much !
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 820 ★★★
    I was wondering whether or not herald difficulty should be completed by new cavalier players? I just became cavalier not too long ago and the difficulty is too hard for me. I'm not complaining about the difficulty but am honestly curious as to whether or not the difficulty is supposed to be this hard.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Ah yes. Because all the other threads we’ve had on this tonight have been entirely civil and rational.

But yes, I think this is a suitable level. Uncollected EQ is a whole new level for newly uncollected players, or at least it was for me. Cavalier should be the same. If you ask me it should be 6.3 sort of level to ensure some sort of longevity.

Otherwise we’re going to be clambering for a new difficulty in 6 months
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I think they intended it for it to be done by players who were pretty comfortably cavalier like 6.2 completion or further. same with uncollected, where the difficulty is past the title
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    The key with the herald events are you get to choose which one works best for you, along with targeting the set of rewards you want. If your roster is more limited, then just choose the best set you have counters for.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Personally, I think this is an appropriate difficulty for newly cavalier players. But endgame players with highly developed rosters will most likely not be challenged by these level of quests.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Kabam stated that they wanted to hear our feedback on the difficulty of these side quests to help tune cav difficulty, so vote which is appropriate for you
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,037 ★★★★★
    Lmao said:

I was wondering whether or not herald difficulty should be completed by new cavalier players? I just became cavalier not too long ago and the difficulty is too hard for me. I'm not complaining about the difficulty but am honestly curious as to whether or not the difficulty is supposed to be this hard.

yes. Kabam said it was meant to be hard. i think they'll use this and the other events to fine tune what a Cavalier difficulty is going to look like so your opinion as a newly graduated Cavalier is important.

there's a big gap between a new Cavalier player and a Cavalier player that some call an "End Game" player which it seems some of this content is geared towards.

keep in mind that it's ok to go for a lower difficulty. you have nothing to prove to anyone trying something that your roster isn't prepared for. keep back, relax .... grow your roster and kick butt when you have a roster that can handle it.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kabam stated a long time ago that just because someone completes uncollected does not mean they will be able to complete uncollected. The difficulty is harder then it takes to actually gain access to it.
    This is only about the tenth post about this in the past day, but this I would say is a good way to give direct feedback to Kabam.

Personally, I think that this was an appropriate difficulty for newly cav players, however this hasn’t really challenged me in the slightest.
    Arsoz said:

Git gud scrub

Please stop commenting on threads with this. No one needs to hear this.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

This is only about the tenth post about this in the past day, but this I would say is a good way to give direct feedback to Kabam.

Personally, I think that this was an appropriate difficulty for newly cav players, however this hasn’t really challenged me in the slightest.

Yeah, I know there have been a ton of posts on it, thought a poll like this would be better since it allows you to see an approximate progression level so they can see through all the people who just got cav or aren’t cav complaining it’s far too hard
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    **** voted the wrong one.
    Honestly it was moderate as it really depends on your roster, my roster is mainly stacked in Cosmic and science so those days that they had the class advantage were a breeze for me(only going shards fyi). Classes like mystic and skill were moderate tob difficult as I have 1 or 2 solid champs of those classes. Overall I think this is an alright place for Cav difficulty.
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    A bit too early for feedback, we should wait until we’ve seen all classes. I’m wondering in particular if the Air-Walker boss version will be significantly easier since you can bring your best champs regardless of class.

As to what we’ve seen so far, it’s much closer to what I expect from cav difficulty than Canadian was last month. It’s not exactly insurmountable, but you need to bring the right champs and be a bit careful.
    Arsoz said:

Lmao said:

Arsoz said:

Git gud scrub

Please stop commenting on threads with this. No one needs to hear this.
    Please stop complaining about a difficulty. No needs to hear this.
    Read my post, I specifically said that I'm NOT COMPLAINING. I know people like you would take it the wrong way so I specifically said that. I was asking a question, not complaining
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Option 11: I’m not Cav to attempt this
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Only abyss exploration to do. The path was easy, the bosses have been challenging. Not overly difficult, but it feels like a good level where it’s doable for newer cavaliers but can’t be steamrolled by the absolute top end

At least, that’s how it feels to me
    Lvernon15 said:

Yeah, I know there have been a ton of posts on it, thought a poll like this would be better since it allows you to see an approximate progression level so they can see through all the people who just got cav or aren’t cav complaining it’s far too hard
    Agreed, I am personally quite curious at the results. Gonna bookmark this one.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    This is an ego post, and the results won’t be accurate. Each boss is a fail if you don’t bring just the right champs, so I simply don’t enjoy Herald at all. My roster is deep, but I just don’t like having to change my team up every day.

A bit too early for feedback, we should wait until we’ve seen all classes. I’m wondering in particular if the Air-Walker boss version will be significantly easier since you can bring your best champs regardless of class.

As to what we’ve seen so far, it’s much closer to what I expect from cav difficulty than Canadian was last month. It’s not exactly insurmountable, but you need to bring the right champs and be a bit careful.

About a hundred users disagree with you apparently, there have been a ton of whiny threads about it being too hard.