**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Herald is a false hope that only deplete our resources.

Comments

• mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    OP, so true. I’m not sure what that Void fight was supposed to be, but it was very poorly designed. Get a debuff on you, and you die instantly. The fight puts weakness debuffs on you for getting close for too long. It’s a great time. Doom and Sinister were also a nightmare. Aarkus wasn’t that easy, but at least he was doable without revives. Mysterio was so so, and I hope the next 2 are not like the last 3 days.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I was able to beat it no items but its not easy and not fun or interactive so i agree with you budd, i for one have a stack roster so it was easy after seeing a few youtube vid to clear it but what if you dont have a ageon or a nick fury etc then its a nightmare fight and if you have suicides on just take them off because you will degen to death, wheres the fun and interactive game modes Kabam promise because even thou i was able to solo this fight it was actually due to the roster i have and the champs for someone that don't have the roster this fight sucks and is annoying and you will be killing your items. To sum it all up i Agree 100000% this fight sux and will kill your item, let me see someone post a video with killmonger or gwenpool solo this fight no nick fury/ aegon/ Stealth spiderman just average champ, this fight is too roster dependent and it sucks.
  • Herald may not be easy, but this is a precursor for cavalier difficulty and probably a good way to judge how you're gonna fair in cavalier difficulty. Canadian is probably what the easy cav paths may be like while herald is what you can maybe deal with when trying to explore. Void was prob one of the easier for me after I got the rather and counter, but if you are sinking resources into this just to complete, then take a step down. The rewards got herald are nice but not worth sinking all of your resources into.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

OP, so true. I’m not sure what that Void fight was supposed to be, but it was very poorly designed. Get a debuff on you, and you die instantly. The fight puts weakness debuffs on you for getting close for too long. It’s a great time. Doom and Sinister were also a nightmare. Aarkus wasn’t that easy, but at least he was doable without revives. Mysterio was so so, and I hope the next 2 are not like the last 3 days.

Blade Trinity. Ran it twice and 1-shot him both times. Git gud.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I'm just saving my Passes and picking the day I had the easiest time. Then I'll run them all that day.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★

Yeah, all the mcoc gods talking like the bosses are meh this and that. Well keep the opinions to yourselves. Non of the bosses are easy. I was putting my hope on void, which unfortunately turned out to be another parasites for resources and time. It's ridiculous that I can't even beat epic boss void. And potion and units are not worth spending compared to rewards.

Isnt that the point of this difficulty? To give the "mcoc gods" a challenge? A new EQ difficulty is going to be near impossible for 90% of the player base. As it should be. It gives us something to work into.

UC EQ is such a breeze and the rewards are so paltry that the side quests have been far more lucrative for quite some time now. I look forward to monthly content that will have me playing more strategically again, planning teams and counters to be able to get through it, and even having me wonder whether or not I'll even be able to 100% it.

It was that way with UC a long time ago (for me), and it will be the same with this new difficulty. It gives the game more longevity. Something to hold interest and work towards mastering. I have been bored stupid with EQ's for at least a year now, and being bored with the game is not a state I personally care to be in.
  • IryseIryse Posts: 460 ★★★
    Herald is only for people having atleast 4 of 5 r4 or higher champs of that specific class. Its very tough for others. Even I find it difficult. Do a lower difficulty and leave this difficulty for now. Only if you had atleast 4 skill gods at R4 or higher, you would have cleared it easily.

I ran Herald difficulty today 3 times, and got thru them all 3 times. my best run at Void, i took him down to 17% in a single try with Blade. But my worst attempt was when i had to use like 4 revives to beat him down (i think that was my first attempt out of the 3)

We can run the map more than twice? I just assumed we could run each path once. But if that is not the case(?), I'll use today's entry and go in for a 3rd time.

• Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★

I'm just saving my Passes and picking the day I had the easiest time. Then I'll run them all that day.

That sounds logical. It will never work. I am just running epic difficulty because I don’t feel like stressing over a side quest. Lower difficulty, waiting for days with easiest opponents for our rosters. I don’t think we will be able to pull it off with these crazy ideas.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★

30 units for energy.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★

Yeah, all the mcoc gods talking like the bosses are meh this and that. Well keep the opinions to yourselves. Non of the bosses are easy. I was putting my hope on void, which unfortunately turned out to be another parasites for resources and time. It's ridiculous that I can't even beat epic boss void. And potion and units are not worth spending compared to rewards.

what do you mean its ridiculous that you can't beat epic boss void?
    what progress level you at?
    what is your roster like?
    how many r5 5* and r2 6* you got?
    if you don't have many then it is because the content is not designed for you.
    the content is designed for the very far progressed with monster rosters.

it is content designed for the top minority.
    not the middle majority.
  • RevHeresyRevHeresy Posts: 68
    I got a badass roster, but I also know my skill limitations. Instead of being angry, just do what you’re able to do. Mystic, for me, would be the one I can crush over and over.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Berjibs said:

To be fair you dont have to do void and you also have all month to rank up better counters if that’s why you’re struggling.

Wait for more fight videos to come out and come back to the event later in the month would be my advice.

Herald feels like more of a roster check than Canadian, the effective boss counters initially feel quite narrow which kind of goes against what kabam said they were going to do with the direction of content going forwards.

Ive said this before on the Canadian difficulty...if they want to make it more difficult thats cool and all but I dont feel difficulty should be defined by weather or not you were lucky enough to rank up a counter before hand..i guess I'm just worried that this will create a cycle where each month we have to rank up specific champs for a quest not knowing if that set of nodes or a counter for it will ever be needed again.. Which basically would mean we would have to choose either to not do it or be unlucky enough to not have pulled a champ to counter it or rank a champ we need more for something else or rank up a champ we never wanted to far the specific path and hope it isnt still beyond our skills
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    Urkel2 said:

Berjibs said:

To be fair you dont have to do void and you also have all month to rank up better counters if that’s why you’re struggling.

Wait for more fight videos to come out and come back to the event later in the month would be my advice.

Herald feels like more of a roster check than Canadian, the effective boss counters initially feel quite narrow which kind of goes against what kabam said they were going to do with the direction of content going forwards.

but I dont feel difficulty should be defined by weather or not you were lucky enough to rank up a counter before hand..
    Is this not what the game developer is exactly aiming for?
    Urkel2 said:

Berjibs said:

Ive said this before on the Canadian difficulty...if they want to make it more difficult thats cool and all but I dont feel difficulty should be defined by weather or not you were lucky enough to rank up a counter before hand..i guess I'm just worried that this will create a cycle where each month we have to rank up specific champs for a quest not knowing if that set of nodes or a counter for it will ever be needed again.. Which basically would mean we would have to choose either to not do it or be unlucky enough to not have pulled a champ to counter it or rank a champ we need more for something else or rank up a champ we never wanted to far the specific path and hope it isnt still beyond our skills
    That's the way it's always been. Don't expect to be 100% prepared for all encounters for every EQ once Cavalier goes live. There will likely be several months where players are unable to fully complete the EQ due to not having the right champions. Just have to chip away at it month to month doing what we can.

It was like that when UC came out for many players (it was for me), and it will be like that again for many. But at least now they are buffing champions on a more consistent basis. So now our older, useless champions have a chance to retroactively become counters to new content.

Also the dual class crystals will help us focus more tightly on the classes/champions we need.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    phil56201 said:

I ran Herald difficulty today 3 times, and got thru them all 3 times. my best run at Void, i took him down to 17% in a single try with Blade. But my worst attempt was when i had to use like 4 revives to beat him down (i think that was my first attempt out of the 3)

We can run the map more than twice? I just assumed we could run each path once. But if that is not the case(?), I'll use today's entry and go in for a 3rd time.

yeah i ran it 3 times and got rewarded for each time. and i also chose the same path all 3 times.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    o4tg said:

Compared to the last few special quests, the herald rewards aren't very satisfying. Even less so if you're trying to use items to play out of your difficulty range, which the majority of players want to do.

I know lots of 10k+ guys who walked away from the highest herald quest, myself included. It's just not worth it this month if you get caught slipping.

A 6* and three 5*s isn't satisfying? What will it take to please you people? And I've only got around 7k prestige with 3 R5s. I'm not going to pretend to be amazing at the game but I've been totally fine so far.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    o4tg said:

Compared to the last few special quests, the herald rewards aren't very satisfying. Even less so if you're trying to use items to play out of your difficulty range, which the majority of players want to do.

I know lots of 10k+ guys who walked away from the highest herald quest, myself included. It's just not worth it this month if you get caught slipping. Drop down and chalk it up as a loss. I'd almost bet my account Kabam will adjust based on the lack of completion/engagement this event has.

If cav difficultly isn’t harder then harold it will be super disappointing. I’m going to have faith that kabam will come through and make it cool and challenging
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 380 ★★
    The people who are saying we're not ready, nope we're ready we just need perfect counters 😉
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    DJMNH said:

Alvin69 said:

Maybe you're just not ready for that level of difficulty. Like seriously, maybe drop down in difficulty. I agree that Herald isn't easy, but I haven't seen Epic. However, Herald is meant to be Cavalier level difficulty, and Epic should be around Uncollected level difficulty.

Rewards should be earned, not given.

Node was tricky this time in epic unlike other days were it's very easy
    This looks exactly like AW lol

• Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    In my opinion, herald when available as cavalier difficulty from next month will be little easy than herald, as we can start EQ see the nodes and then bring best counters we have! But in side quest if you went without spectating forums or you tube for which nodes are there on boss you will probably end up using some revives!
    Further to that, only boss is difficult rest is easier.
This discussion has been closed.