**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why i think you should rank up 6 stars.

2»

Comments

• SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Ambjony said:

I’m having this issue with Thing. I have a 6* unawakened and a 5* awakened at R1 so I’m leaning towards the 6* cause is far cheaper in my case and the ability is good but not essential. Sucks power gain issue though

Things sig isn't essential? That's news to me
    I know you're an Endgame player and everything, but why would it be essential unless you're planning on getting hit? Sure, you can tank an Sp3 but there are better champs to use in those circumstances.
    Bc getting hit is the only way you take damage in this game? Ranking an unduped thing over a duped once is a beyond terrible move.

But you guys carry on with the bad advice
    Beyond terrible is an exaggeration. Protection Is nice for tanking sp3 and mitigating recoil or fun and interactive damage but you rarely have to worry about them when you use thing normally.
    His utility remains intact without the dupe
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    It depends on the roster. I’m gonna do Sparky as my 17th or 18th maxed 5-star for variant 5 and then shift focus to 6-stars unless I get Cap or Fury.
  • swmcswswmcsw Posts: 249 ★★
    I have a r5 sig 200 doom and a r2 undup doom. I can def tell the difference in power gain. My 5* can get to sp 1 and control fights a little better than the 6*. Always need a few extra hits on the combo and it really does mess with how I use both. Both are still great just wanted to point out I can def tell a difference in the power gain.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★

Etjama said:

Ambjony said:

I’m having this issue with Thing. I have a 6* unawakened and a 5* awakened at R1 so I’m leaning towards the 6* cause is far cheaper in my case and the ability is good but not essential. Sucks power gain issue though

I know you're an Endgame player and everything, but why would it be essential unless you're planning on getting hit? Sure, you can tank an Sp3 but there are better champs to use in those circumstances.
    Bc getting hit is the only way you take damage in this game? Ranking an unduped thing over a duped once is a beyond terrible move.

is it really necessary though? I can see that it is very helpful, but considering the act 6 nerf and all that, are you really taking all that much block damage?
    Without his sig he's a damage dealer that needs an entire synergy team that's shock immune. With his sig you get the option of a ton of utility out of him as well. There's absolutely no reason you should ever rank him unduped over a duped version just bc he's got an extra star
    ok. Is he worth ranking up unduped though? I have a 5* sitting at R1 and I'm wondering whether i should take him up or not
    also wondering this!
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I’ve focused on my 5* over 6*, and I don’t think it’s time to change that yet. Using 3 T5B along with 7 T4B among other resources isn’t worth it to me to R2 my sig 40 Namor while my 5* is at sig 200. 6* still aren’t that prevalent
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    It all depends on the duped ability.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Ambjony said:

Beyond terrible is an exaggeration. Protection Is nice for tanking sp3 and mitigating recoil or fun and interactive damage but you rarely have to worry about them when you use thing normally.
    His utility remains intact without the dupe
    He gains a ton of utility with duping, you can mitigate a lot of bs damage like havok plasma detonate, no retreat degen just by triggering the protection. Its like corvus, sig is not essential for him, but having that boosts his worth a lot.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Happy to rank 6*s when I have good 6*s to rank. At this point I'm only ranking when I have stash resources or pull something amazing anyway. I want to wait for some of the coming buffs to see what 6*s may become more interesting.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited August 2020
    I would say that for 99% of the player base 5* are still going to be the driving force of their roster and will be for the foreseeable future. If you pull the likes of Ghost as your first
    6*, of course, rank them ASAP.

I’m at the stage now where I have around 20 5* R5 and 5 6* R2 and it’s only now that I’m really considering prioritising my 6* over the 5* - I’ve got most of the so called god tiers at R5 now and I’ve been starting to consider more niche rank ups anyway.

The difference is I’ve got 2 paths of AoL completed, Act 6 completion and 6.1 and 6.4 explored so I’m sitting on roughly 50% of 3 classes, 75% tech and I have a fully formed Cosmic from AoL. Most of my alliance aren’t at this stage and are all rightly focussed on 5*. Outside of the Map 7 clique and P2+, virtually everyone should be mainly focussed on 5* for the most part because that’s probably what they’ve got the most rankable champions in.

Unless you have a R3 worthy 6* in I would say at least 2 classes there’s not really any point considering AoL either, so literally no point at the moment unless you get lucky.
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    Gildenlow said:

Hey guys, so here is my insides on this toppic.

First of all, i'd like to say that when it's about champs like Omega Red, Aegon, Void or any other who actually need high sig, the way to go is an r5 5 stars.

Nevertheless, with the act 6 nerf so soon, the acces to tier 5 class catalyst is coming so close for a lot of summoners. The rarity of this resource is begining to fade, and this month's solo missions is another proof of that, if i'm not wrogn we'll get 4 crystals with shard just for doing the side event, so when people says the ranking up 6 stars is not wise at this point, I honestly disagree.

I mad the mistake not to rank up 5 stars when everybody say the 4 stars where still the way to go, and spending resources all over again the same champion is just dumb for me. So if I have a champ which I like, is kind of a good option and doesn't rely on his awakened ability, I definitely will r2 the 6 stars version.

What do you guys think?

Sorry if my english doesn't make sense at times, is not my mother language.

Depends what 6* you have. Better rank up good (powerful /utility) 5* than 6* bad ones or that don't add up your rooster different options.
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    So for example i have a r4 sig 200 namor and i also have a r1 sig 40 6star. Which one would you suggest i rank up? I have more than enough r5s by the way so thats not a concern
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

So for example i have a r4 sig 200 namor and i also have a r1 sig 40 6star. Which one would you suggest i rank up? I have more than enough r5s by the way so thats not a concern

neither. Namor is an overrated prestige champ. If I had to pick I would go with 5*
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Namor is a champ that needs max sig, so your 5* is the way to go for now. He's an absolute beast at max sig. He's also highest mutant prestige of that matters to you.
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★

neither. Namor is an overrated prestige champ. If I had to pick I would go with 5*
    He can be extremley good in specific situations. I have a 1-2 mutant 6 star gem but im waiting until the magneto buff to decide who to use it on. Would you maybe r5 guardian then i have him as well unawakened so would probably use a gem on him if i was to r5 him