**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What are notable uses of an unawakened Doctor Octopus?

Alvin69Alvin69 Posts: 78 ★★
I got a 6 star Doctor Octopus recently. I don't have much experience with him. I heard that he benefits quite a lot from his awakened ability, so I wanted to know where I could find some use for my Doc Oc.

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    He's a beast for Power Gain nodes/champs. For example, he just destroys V3 DS with 200% PG.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Fights with passive power gain or extremely high power gain
  • manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★
    he has power lock, armor and heal block when he completes his fields of science research
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    As others have said, he's great for any fight where there is intense power gain. In fact, he becomes one of the best options in the game for the Improved Power Gain node. This one adds additional power rate to passive power gain (like Hyperion's power gain from his buff, for example). For example, since it's adding +100% Power Gain, for example, Void is unable to reverse it. Since Void can only achieve a max of -200% power gain and the node lets the enemy start with +200% power gain, the best Void can do is stop the power gain, but he can't reverse it even with 2 petrifies and Fear of the Void active.

Now you can bring in Doc Ock. As their power raises, you'll fill a research category and ultimately power lock them. Go for a parry and use a heavy attack to deal direct damage. As soon as their power starts gaining again, they'll be power locked again. Keep repeating this process to take down some very tough fights quite easily.

This was helpful in one of the variants and a few places in Act 6.
  • Alvin69Alvin69 Posts: 78 ★★
    Thanks for the help everyone!