**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who do you hate?

Comments

• -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Quake, because I can't use her. I suck, but want to be able to use her badly. Every time I practice with her I get so frustrated I want to smash my phone.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Domino is prob my hated champ. Crit failure = pots in AW.

oh yeah forgot about this. her double medium still trips me up. critical failure is just ********
    The “block break” is annoying too. Obviously it’s not block break, but you dropping your block to dex and having dex fail, but it’s still irritating. Of course, it’s even worse when players make forum post about domino “block breaking.”
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Edeuink said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

oh yeah forgot about this. her double medium still trips me up. critical failure is just ********
    The “block break” is annoying too. Obviously it’s not block break, but you dropping your block to dex and having dex fail, but it’s still irritating. Of course, it’s even worse when players make forum post about domino “block breaking.”
    Edeuink said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

oh yeah definitely. I think I've kinda gotten used to it but it still catches me
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Quake
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Mayis said:

Korg is the worst designed champion ever.

Wanna parry? Well, he shrugs off debuffs and becomes stronger.
    okay, maybe intercept? Heck no! He returns part of the damage from mediums, heavies and specials back to you.
    Ummm, maybe try eat a full combo to block and counterattack him? Good luck with that, he goes unblockable and unstoppable if u simply dash back.
    And be sure you don't hit his block too much, he'll go unstoppable too.

Aside from all of this his sp1 is unblockable and is very hard to evade...
    Oh, I forgot to say he receives less damage when rock is active.

His class is pretty much messed up too. He is skill, so the best counters are mutants, yes? YES?
    Nope. Korgs main weakness are energy/non-contact attacks. Most mutants do contact attacks, and most mutants attacks are not energy-based. There are more mystics who deal energy damage.

Maybe mystics are a good counter to him? They can nullify unstoppable and unblockable, yeah? Nope, because they are passive, so u need slow.
    And who has slow?

- She-Hulk
    - Red Guardian
    - Spider-Gwen
    - Sorcerer Supreme
    - Stealthy

We don't count Pyramid X storm, because she puts it only for duration of special attack 1. We don't count synergies, because they are synergies -_-

So, we have 5 potential counters. Btw, most counters (maybe all of 'em, I'm not sure about Shulk) were not in the game when Korg was released. This proofs that he has horrible design.

3 of 5 are science champions, so their slow will not work on Korg. We have only 2 counters for Unstoppable: Stealthy and Sorcerer Supreme. Stealthy isn't a perfect counter too: he relies on refreshing his debuffs, which can be shrugged off if rock shield is active.

We have only 1 champion, who has energy attacks and can handle Korgs unstoppable: Sorcerer Supreme. And again, Korg may just shrug off that Slow. Sorcerer Supreme was released in 2020, while Korg is in game since 2018.

If we put aside unstoppable, we have Havok, Namor, Omega, Iron Man IW, Claire, Hype and couple of other counters.

And what about attack? Well, he's a wet noodle. He doesn't have debuffs, except for the bleed on SP2. I wanna remind u that most of good skill champs either put a lot of dots on opponents (Squirrel Girl, Blade, Ronin, Black Widow, EVEN BLACK PANTHER) or do hit like a truck (Stealthy, Aegon, Taskmaster). Some of them even combine this two abilities: Monkey, Elsa, Nick, Masacre. Korg does none of this.

I can talk about his horrible design for hours, but there is a lot of text already, hope it's enough.

You focus a lot on his Unstoppable ability. Perhaps you need to approach him differently. I almost never run into this ability when I'm fighting him. In fact, I've found that he's more aggressive when he's Unstoppable, so sometimes I'll trigger it on purpose when I've pushed him to an L2 and need to bait out a special. Once he goes Unstoppable, be prepared to evade and punish.

He does have a fair number of mutant counters. Omega Red is likely still the best, but Namor is also terrific. Outside of them, you still have 2 types of Magneto, Iceman, Havok, and Storm (Pyramid X). Sure, the Magnetos aren't great (yet), but the others are useful in a lot of areas of the game.

He's a tricky defender for sure. He can be especially tough on that Mix Master node right in the center of the current AW Map. But I think with a little practice you can get him under control. Good luck!
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    After AoL path this week I can honestly say Luke Cage is the worst fight I’ve had except maybe my first run vs Collector with no Aegon. Admittedly it was about midnight when I started so I wasn’t playing well but he cost me almost my entire stash. So also SheHulk cuz she wasn’t that great for him for me.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Mayis said:

Mayis said:

Korg is the worst designed champion ever.

Wanna parry? Well, he shrugs off debuffs and becomes stronger.
    okay, maybe intercept? Heck no! He returns part of the damage from mediums, heavies and specials back to you.
    Ummm, maybe try eat a full combo to block and counterattack him? Good luck with that, he goes unblockable and unstoppable if u simply dash back.
    And be sure you don't hit his block too much, he'll go unstoppable too.

Aside from all of this his sp1 is unblockable and is very hard to evade...
    Oh, I forgot to say he receives less damage when rock is active.

His class is pretty much messed up too. He is skill, so the best counters are mutants, yes? YES?
    Nope. Korgs main weakness are energy/non-contact attacks. Most mutants do contact attacks, and most mutants attacks are not energy-based. There are more mystics who deal energy damage.

Maybe mystics are a good counter to him? They can nullify unstoppable and unblockable, yeah? Nope, because they are passive, so u need slow.
    And who has slow?

- She-Hulk
    - Red Guardian
    - Spider-Gwen
    - Sorcerer Supreme
    - Stealthy

We don't count Pyramid X storm, because she puts it only for duration of special attack 1. We don't count synergies, because they are synergies -_-

So, we have 5 potential counters. Btw, most counters (maybe all of 'em, I'm not sure about Shulk) were not in the game when Korg was released. This proofs that he has horrible design.

3 of 5 are science champions, so their slow will not work on Korg. We have only 2 counters for Unstoppable: Stealthy and Sorcerer Supreme. Stealthy isn't a perfect counter too: he relies on refreshing his debuffs, which can be shrugged off if rock shield is active.

We have only 1 champion, who has energy attacks and can handle Korgs unstoppable: Sorcerer Supreme. And again, Korg may just shrug off that Slow. Sorcerer Supreme was released in 2020, while Korg is in game since 2018.

If we put aside unstoppable, we have Havok, Namor, Omega, Iron Man IW, Claire, Hype and couple of other counters.

And what about attack? Well, he's a wet noodle. He doesn't have debuffs, except for the bleed on SP2. I wanna remind u that most of good skill champs either put a lot of dots on opponents (Squirrel Girl, Blade, Ronin, Black Widow, EVEN BLACK PANTHER) or do hit like a truck (Stealthy, Aegon, Taskmaster). Some of them even combine this two abilities: Monkey, Elsa, Nick, Masacre. Korg does none of this.

I can talk about his horrible design for hours, but there is a lot of text already, hope it's enough.

You focus a lot on his Unstoppable ability. Perhaps you need to approach him differently. I almost never run into this ability when I'm fighting him. In fact, I've found that he's more aggressive when he's Unstoppable, so sometimes I'll trigger it on purpose when I've pushed him to an L2 and need to bait out a special. Once he goes Unstoppable, be prepared to evade and punish.

He does have a fair number of mutant counters. Omega Red is likely still the best, but Namor is also terrific. Outside of them, you still have 2 types of Magneto, Iceman, Havok, and Storm (Pyramid X). Sure, the Magnetos aren't great (yet), but the others are useful in a lot of areas of the game.

He's a tricky defender for sure. He can be especially tough on that Mix Master node right in the center of the current AW Map. But I think with a little practice you can get him under control. Good luck!
    Thx for advices. Of course Omega, Havok and some other Mutants are good counters, but Korg still is very annoying defender. I take paths with Korg in AW, and I usually solo him with Claire. I just described who I don't love.

I focused on all of his abilities tho, not just unstoppable. I don't love that kind of champions who need very niche counters. Take Thing, for example. He's very annoying defender too, but u can beat him with pretty much any champion. He rewards skill and concentration.

Unlike him, Korg punishes u if u have no proper counter. If u have no energy/non-contact damage dealer, you pretty much messed up: U can't medium intercept because of thorns, u cant heavy/special counter his heavy attacks because of thorns, u can't safely stun if u aren't playing with Pyramid X, and he punishes u when u hit on block or dex back. Your only option is to light intercept or parry till he doesn't shrug off stun. This is too much even in 2020, let alone in 2018.
    He doesn't need the proper counter, though a good counter does make him significantly easier.

An alliance mate took out the Korg from the Maze a year or two back using a 2* Star Lord. He's got damage, but no real utility the helps him as a counter to Korg. He didn't upload the video to youtube, but I did find someone else's video who did the same thing. All this to say that Korg doesn't need a specific counter to beat him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Xbh1RVUt0
    I love me some light intercepts
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Lag

I've actually never had lag the whole time I've been playing except for occasional things like DP Sp2.

It's true lol. Always had alliance mates complaining about Lag but I've never had it.

Lag

I've actually never had lag the whole time I've been playing except for occasional things like DP Sp2.
    Don’t forget the UCEQ DarkHawk boss. It was so bad you had to pause at the start of the fight so all the nodes could load in so you could actually move before he smacked you in unblockable mode.
    I remember everyone complaining about DarkHawk but I didn't have any lag from that fight. Never had to pause it.
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    As far as defenders go I'd say Thing, Mole Man, Havoc, and Annihilus are pains for me. The first two can be okay but man if mess up once you can sure pay. 😡
    Most definitely need more practice with them.

Attacker wise, I just can't stand Thor Ragnarok..he flat sucks IMO. 😂
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Iron Fist.

The opposite of Luke Cage, plus he is bad.
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    Lukashenka
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    I hate the fact that the same team that made the atrocity of 6.2 also made the variants.

Can’t hate them since variants are so fun
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I hate people who open threads about the same topic that others have already opened instead of looking for an open thread about it.

The current one is “is there a v5 announcement???”
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Kamala. Also cmm.
    I know they can do things, but their animations and characters and everything... Only pure hate
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 457 ★★★

Venom the effing Duck. Howard the Effing Duck and Hit-Monkey.

WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY are they in the game and not characters like Iron Monger, Whiplash, Hellcat, Jessica Jones, Kurse, Skurge, Shuri, Mantis, Misty Knight, Baron Zemo, Mockingbird, Klaw, Goliath, Valkyrie, Shocker, Lady Deathstrike, Warpath, Pyro or Avalanche?

I still don't understand who wanted Hit-Monkey as a playable champion. Is there a specific reason why they added him to the game?
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Mordo, Mordo, Mordo, Mordo, oh did I forget Mordo?

Same, I just double duped him from my dual class crystal 😩