**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Herald is a false hope that only deplete our resources.

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

o4tg said:

Etjama said:

o4tg said:

Compared to the last few special quests, the herald rewards aren't very satisfying. Even less so if you're trying to use items to play out of your difficulty range, which the majority of players want to do.

I know lots of 10k+ guys who walked away from the highest herald quest, myself included. It's just not worth it this month if you get caught slipping.

A 6* and three 5*s isn't satisfying? What will it take to please you people? And I've only got around 7k prestige with 3 R5s. I'm not going to pretend to be amazing at the game but I've been totally fine so far.
    I apologize if my post hurt your feelings.

A 6* is nice, but I really don't care about 5* anymore. In a month worth of grinding that many fights with that much effort, it's much easier to get a 6* from other means.

If you're knocking out the top herald difficulties with mostly R4 without using items, you should share some videos to give other players guidance rather than getting upset over other people's opinions.
    Uh, how can you have a roster so stacked that 5*s don't matter anymore but have problems with this quest? I've got around 30 R5s, over 100 6*s, and 7 R3s and still absolutely care about 5*s. None of these quests have been that difficult for very developed rosters so if you're at the point where 5*s don't matter (and no one is there IMO) you should be breezing through this
    over 100 6*'s ?? whoa. pics or it didn't happen ;)
    oh ya, work is a huge whale. Longshot is his favorite champ
    Don't you have a Rhino to deal with somewhere?
  • Anthombel101_Anthombel101_ Posts: 37

Just got destroyed on that Void boss... what is the counter? any suggestion?

Problem is the spry. Trick is don't let him evade.

I’m having similar problems but not quite the same I can beat epic difficulty with losing 20% of health on just one champion but can’t get through herald without spending units this SQ has severely punished those with a developing roster while giving those with a massive roster although the ability to finish it isn’t even more fun for them I’m a fairly skill player I’m caviler and I’ve done LOL but this have punished me not based on skill but lack of real money spent

This was what I felt. I was just frustrated after waiting for the best chance to get shards, the only hope I have with my roster backfired me with a boss that possess harder abilities.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

Just got destroyed on that Void boss... what is the counter? any suggestion?

cap america IW with a skill on the team. eats him alive.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

o4tg said:

Etjama said:

o4tg said:

Compared to the last few special quests, the herald rewards aren't very satisfying. Even less so if you're trying to use items to play out of your difficulty range, which the majority of players want to do.

I know lots of 10k+ guys who walked away from the highest herald quest, myself included. It's just not worth it this month if you get caught slipping.

A 6* and three 5*s isn't satisfying? What will it take to please you people? And I've only got around 7k prestige with 3 R5s. I'm not going to pretend to be amazing at the game but I've been totally fine so far.

A 6* is nice, but I really don't care about 5* anymore. In a month worth of grinding that many fights with that much effort, it's much easier to get a 6* from other means.

If you're knocking out the top herald difficulties with mostly R4 without using items, you should share some videos to give other players guidance rather than getting upset over other people's opinions.
    Uh, how can you have a roster so stacked that 5*s don't matter anymore but have problems with this quest? I've got around 30 R5s, over 100 6*s, and 7 R3s and still absolutely care about 5*s. None of these quests have been that difficult for very developed rosters so if you're at the point where 5*s don't matter (and no one is there IMO) you should be breezing through this
    Oh, he has the Roster. Trust.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 821 ★★★

mbrace said:

OP, so true. I’m not sure what that Void fight was supposed to be, but it was very poorly designed. Get a debuff on you, and you die instantly. The fight puts weakness debuffs on you for getting close for too long. It’s a great time. Doom and Sinister were also a nightmare. Aarkus wasn’t that easy, but at least he was doable without revives. Mysterio was so so, and I hope the next 2 are not like the last 3 days.

Blade Trinity. Ran it twice and 1-shot him both times. Git gud.
    Lol, this isn’t being good as if you skilled your way through. This is guessing at what champs are actually going to work and being right. If you don’t bring who works, tough luck, a team of R5 with class advantage will still lose. The only reason that I didn’t bring Blade was because I figured Kabam would make sure that his ability accuracy reduction didn’t trigger. Apparently, it does and I have to wait until next week to try that. By the way, Elsa Bloodstone takes full control of the fight and should be the best counter. The issue I have is that I had to grind through for the first week only to discover that a handful of champs will actually work. Conclusions are that Doom, Human Torch, Warlock, Aegon, Bloodstone, Blade, Colossus, and Venom could one-shot the bosses that they have a class advantage over. There may be more direct counters to be discovered but not many. I doubt that everybody has these champs at R5 or equivalent. I don’t have HT, so I can pass on a day or limp through with Void. It’s just all very annoying in general.
    ItsDamien said:

mbrace said:

OP, so true. I’m not sure what that Void fight was supposed to be, but it was very poorly designed. Get a debuff on you, and you die instantly. The fight puts weakness debuffs on you for getting close for too long. It’s a great time. Doom and Sinister were also a nightmare. Aarkus wasn’t that easy, but at least he was doable without revives. Mysterio was so so, and I hope the next 2 are not like the last 3 days.

Well your first problem is that you didn't read the node correctly. If you think you're getting a weakness debuff for being too close for too long, you may want to re-read his nodes.
    That’s not my first problem, because I’m going from memory and that’s not what makes him hard. It was an example. You will get debuffs on you one way or another, and they will kill you swiftly. You missed the point, because you are argumentative. You can’t accept the truth that the fight is exclusively tailored to 2 champs, maybe 3. This is not good design.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

mbrace said:

Lol, this isn’t being good as if you skilled your way through. This is guessing at what champs are actually going to work and being right. If you don’t bring who works, tough luck, a team of R5 with class advantage will still lose. The only reason that I didn’t bring Blade was because I figured Kabam would make sure that his ability accuracy reduction didn’t trigger. Apparently, it does and I have to wait until next week to try that. By the way, Elsa Bloodstone takes full control of the fight and should be the best counter. The issue I have is that I had to grind through for the first week only to discover that a handful of champs will actually work. Conclusions are that Doom, Human Torch, Warlock, Aegon, Bloodstone, Blade, Colossus, and Venom could one-shot the bosses that they have a class advantage over. There may be more direct counters to be discovered but not many. I doubt that everybody has these champs at R5 or equivalent. I don’t have HT, so I can pass on a day or limp through with Void. It’s just all very annoying in general.
    What? I watched seatins video before going in. I knew exactly what nodes were there before entering. There wasn't any guess work. What you said makes no sense at all.
    HI_guys said:

mbrace said:

mbrace said:

Instead of trying to be a pioneer you could've just waited a couple of hours to see the nodes from someone else. Seatin for example uploads every map when it drops so your point about not realizing that blade will work is moot
    Except that you would have to wait everyday for advice rather than just playing the game and being halfway reasonable with your champ choices. The FUN is not there. You guys are still missing the point that the game isn’t FUN if daily quests are like the old UC boss fights, requiring research to get through. Imagine if they changed the bosses next week and each following week. You would have to do this 28 times, which would NOT be FUN. The point is still that these fights were a bear of you didn’t bring the right counters. I did power through them all angrily, since you can’t start over. It’s annoying and hopefully not the future of daily quests. I should not have to spend a single revive on daily quests after investing in multiple R5 and R2 champs from each class. I didn’t invest in all the right champs I guess, according to Kabam’s plan.
    Let me give a better example. The thing that annoyed me was using normally effective counters on Doom, like Thing and Void, only to have them make minimal impact on his health before I died. You would think that there wouldn’t have been an issue. Turns out that you really should be using HT on him. Well darn, I don’t have the 5* version of him. My loss. I can keep using Void at the cost of some revives, or else play like a grandmaster expert in evading the unblockable specials. However, using a single resource on a daily quest makes me cringe.

If this is the future of the game, then you elitists can have it. Go make YouTube videos with Seatin and brag about how much you know about the game. There will be a couple hundred of you left, and Kabam will need to hope you are spending thousands a month each to keep them going.
    mbrace said:

Let me give a better example. The thing that annoyed me was using normally effective counters on Doom, like Thing and Void, only to have them make minimal impact on his health before I died. You would think that there wouldn’t have been an issue. Turns out that you really should be using HT on him. Well darn, I don’t have the 5* version of him. My loss. I can keep using Void at the cost of some revives, or else play like a grandmaster expert in evading the unblockable specials. However, using a single resource on a daily quest makes me cringe.

If this is the future of the game, then you elitists can have it. Go make YouTube videos with Seatin and brag about how much you know about the game. There will be a couple hundred of you left, and Kabam will need to hope you are spending thousands a month each to keep them going.

Except it's been this way since the start.... 6 years later. Stop being so salty.

mbrace said:

Except it's been this way since the start.... 6 years later. Stop being so salty.
    Not true. Specific champion fights became more prevalent with Act 6 and finally got to the point of ridiculousness. For example, there was a time that only 3 champs could be used effectively on the 6.2.6 Champion boss. Most players resented this. Some quit the game. You are in the minority of players that didn’t seem to mind having to acquire and rank up very specific champs to succeed. I understand that there is some content that is optional and meant to test the roster. However, it’s just not cool when this mentality creeps it’s way into daily content. Daily content is supposed to be for boosting your roster, not testing the limits.
    mbrace said:

mbrace said:

Not true. Specific champion fights became more prevalent with Act 6 and finally got to the point of ridiculousness. For example, there was a time that only 3 champs could be used effectively on the 6.2.6 Champion boss. Most players resented this. Some quit the game. You are in the minority of players that didn’t seem to mind having to acquire and rank up very specific champs to succeed. I understand that there is some content that is optional and meant to test the roster. However, it’s just not cool when this mentality creeps it’s way into daily content. Daily content is supposed to be for boosting your roster, not testing the limits.
    No, there was a time where people thought only 3 could be used. Then YOUTUBERS showed us differently by showcasing all kinds of different champs taking down champion.

This isn't daily content. It's a side quest that ends in a month that's meant to test Cavalier difficulty. It's supposed to be harder. That's the whole damn point of the quest but people like you equate that whatever it is that you are trying to say.

Each day you have an entire class that you can use. Or you can use your entire roster at the expense of a 50% attack reduction. There's an entire chapter that does this in act 5 but all the sudden, it's BS now?
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    mbrace said:

HI_guys said:

mbrace said:

mbrace said:

Instead of trying to be a pioneer you could've just waited a couple of hours to see the nodes from someone else. Seatin for example uploads every map when it drops so your point about not realizing that blade will work is moot
    Except that you would have to wait everyday for advice rather than just playing the game and being halfway reasonable with your champ choices. The FUN is not there. You guys are still missing the point that the game isn’t FUN if daily quests are like the old UC boss fights, requiring research to get through. Imagine if they changed the bosses next week and each following week. You would have to do this 28 times, which would NOT be FUN. The point is still that these fights were a bear of you didn’t bring the right counters. I did power through them all angrily, since you can’t start over. It’s annoying and hopefully not the future of daily quests. I should not have to spend a single revive on daily quests after investing in multiple R5 and R2 champs from each class. I didn’t invest in all the right champs I guess, according to Kabam’s plan.
    Sucks that you aren’t having fun but honestly Your complaints just makes it sound like you don’t know what you’re doing. It sounds like you want to be able to use the same handful of champs that you’ve invested in to be able to handle any and all content. I’d love to know what teams you took into these quests. I’m far from an endgame player but I soloed arrkus, doom, and void rather easily. I went in blind on both arrkus and doom. I just happened to watch seatin vid on void as I was waiting for my device to charge and was bored or I would’ve went in blind on him as well. I haven’t done act 6 beyond getting cavalier nor have I done the abyss and I haven’t had any difficulties with any of the recent “hard” content
    The champs that could solo were Symbiote Supreme, CAIW, and The Hood. She-Hulk doesn’t count, because she was not working as intended and got fixed. A lot of champs were later released that could deal with the fight in certain ways, but this was trying to fix a problem. If you are thinking of someone like Hyperion, that was a very high risk way of dealing with that fight.

I don’t see how this is any different than what I’m taking about. There are just a few champs that can get it done well, but you can probably use many others that you actually have. It’s just that it won’t be very effective and will cost you in the end. As mentioned, I could use supposed “counters” on the champs that I’m coming into blind on these daily quests. They work but not for one-shots. This usually equates to using resources, and it shouldn’t. Why did I even bother to 5/65 Thing and Void anyway? It’s annoying at best.

I can see that this thread has become riddled with a minority of players that actually enjoy research and developing workarounds to play a game. I’m just saying it’s not fun for many, and it causes one to seriously question who they are ranking up instead of just ranking a great champ in a given class. This type of rigid gameplay is part of what has burned players out and had systematically begun to shrink the player base. I truly believe it escalated to a new level with some bad calls about Act 6 content, and Kabam slowly admits those mistakes. Then this Herald content is a step backwards to the same garbage.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    My only complaint is not being able to see the nodes before entering to better prepare. It would make more sense to unlock the node and allow users multiple entries per key, then lock it back once completed or whenever times runs out for that days event. And yes, I know others post the nodes on the forums and YouTube, reddit, etc. But you shouldn't have to depend on external resources to prepare your team.
    mbrace said:

The champs that could solo were Symbiote Supreme, CAIW, and The Hood. She-Hulk doesn’t count, because she was not working as intended and got fixed. A lot of champs were later released that could deal with the fight in certain ways, but this was trying to fix a problem. If you are thinking of someone like Hyperion, that was a very high risk way of dealing with that fight.

I don’t see how this is any different than what I’m taking about. There are just a few champs that can get it done well, but you can probably use many others that you actually have. It’s just that it won’t be very effective and will cost you in the end. As mentioned, I could use supposed “counters” on the champs that I’m coming into blind on these daily quests. They work but not for one-shots. This usually equates to using resources, and it shouldn’t. Why did I even bother to 5/65 Thing and Void anyway? It’s annoying at best.

I can see that this thread has become riddled with a minority of players that actually enjoy research and developing workarounds to play a game. I’m just saying it’s not fun for many, and it causes one to seriously question who they are ranking up instead of just ranking a great champ in a given class. This type of rigid gameplay is part of what has burned players out and had systematically begun to shrink the player base. I truly believe it escalated to a new level with some bad calls about Act 6 content, and Kabam slowly admits those mistakes. Then this Herald content is a step backwards to the same garbage.

https://youtu.be/y4eCmcr_ohg
    Just gonna leave this here.
  • Lioz178Lioz178 Posts: 63
    Just get good. Difficult content is what makes the game fun
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

ItsDamien said:

mbrace said:

Well your first problem is that you didn't read the node correctly. If you think you're getting a weakness debuff for being too close for too long, you may want to re-read his nodes.
    That’s not my first problem, because I’m going from memory and that’s not what makes him hard. It was an example. You will get debuffs on you one way or another, and they will kill you swiftly. You missed the point, because you are argumentative. You can’t accept the truth that the fight is exclusively tailored to 2 champs, maybe 3. This is not good design.
    I mean, I just went by the information you gave. You said that you got a weakness debuff by being close for too long. You gave bad information. Me stating that you should reread the node is neither an argument or missing the point. You misinterpreted the node.

Also that Void doesn't need any specific champ to beat. Unless you can't Parry Medium Heavy attack in that order multiple times with any champ, then I don't know how to fix your idea of a "specific" counter.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

o4tg said:

Etjama said:

o4tg said:

oh ya, work is a huge whale. Longshot is his favorite champ
    Don't you have a Rhino to deal with somewhere?
    No sir, it’s offseason!
    Nice diversion. Regardless, Void will unavoidably put a debuff on you from his natural abilities after enough time. A single one of these debuffs WILL kill you. Mix master makes him take longer, which doesn’t help. The weakness debuffs are additional threats. They don’t help either, and I don’t really care to where they come from. It’s just fuel to the fire, and faulty memory is good enough to make that point that it’s another issue. Your technicality offshoot is tunnel vision at best. It doesn’t address the problem being discussed here, which is many players not enjoying ultra-tailored fights.

By specific counter, I mean that you need to be debuff immune or prevent Void’s abilities from triggering. This means you need Blade+ a little luck, a ramped up Aegon, or Elsa Bloodstone (who actually ranks her). If you happen to really like Killmonger and put all your skill resources into him, for example, don’t expect to have any success on science day. Expecting players to have virtually every champ in the game in 5* or higher rarity and to have then maxed out at that is too much. It’s not fun...at all.

The has been an eye opener for me. The game is simply not headed in a direction that I can enjoy. I always liked identifying the most useful and well-rounded champs from each class and investing resources in those. Ideally, I’d like all kinds of synergies going on with my choices. However, the game is becoming more about getting every top tier niche champ, ranking them all, and keeping them in your back pocket for those one-off tailored fights. All this is going to do is demoralize more and more players until they quit.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's one Boss on one day. There are other days with both Rank Up Materials and Shards, that people can run the same. It's hardly a reason to quit.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

Nice diversion. Regardless, Void will unavoidably put a debuff on you from his natural abilities after enough time. A single one of these debuffs WILL kill you. Mix master makes him take longer, which doesn’t help. The weakness debuffs are additional threats. They don’t help either, and I don’t really care to where they come from. It’s just fuel to the fire, and faulty memory is good enough to make that point that it’s another issue. Your technicality offshoot is tunnel vision at best. It doesn’t address the problem being discussed here, which is many players not enjoying ultra-tailored fights.

By specific counter, I mean that you need to be debuff immune or prevent Void’s abilities from triggering. This means you need Blade+ a little luck, a ramped up Aegon, or Elsa Bloodstone (who actually ranks her). If you happen to really like Killmonger and put all your skill resources into him, for example, don’t expect to have any success on science day. Expecting players to have virtually every champ in the game in 5* or higher rarity and to have then maxed out at that is too much. It’s not fun...at all.

The has been an eye opener for me. The game is simply not headed in a direction that I can enjoy. I always liked identifying the most useful and well-rounded champs from each class and investing resources in those. Ideally, I’d like all kinds of synergies going on with my choices. However, the game is becoming more about getting every top tier niche champ, ranking them all, and keeping them in your back pocket for those one-off tailored fights. All this is going to do is demoralize more and more players until they quit.

You know you purge Voids debuffs with every 10th hit. That also counts as the debuff is being applied. It's one of the most basic tactics for fighting any Void. Literally. Parry. Medium. Heavy. Wait at every 9th ending Combo Meter for a debuff to start being applied. Parry. Medium. Heavy.

How is that "Tailored" to only a few champs. As far as I'm aware every single champ has the ability to do the things I just described.
This discussion has been closed.