**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

T1Alpha is becoming a huge bottleneck

I feel like its getting much harder to rank up champions just because there is a severe draught of t1alphas in the game. Last 2 monthly side events didnt give us any. So i feel like with the cavalier difficulty, we are gaining all these high tier resources, but spending glory on t1as, so its basically the same amount of stuff, one more difficulty. Dont get me wrong, i loved canadian difficulty, it was a breath of fresh air, but i feel like we need an injection of t1alphas. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Erik_Killmonger1001Erik_Killmonger1001 Posts: 427 ★★★
    doing master level side quest gets half a t1 alpha every day if you pick the catalyst side if you need some
  • Erik_Killmonger1001Erik_Killmonger1001 Posts: 427 ★★★
    Plasmoyd said:

@Erik_Killmonger1001 yes, but you cant do every difficulty. That means giving up on everything from cavalier rewards

true wasn`t sure where you are progression wise as newly uncollected myself epic is a bit much this month so I am just running master
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Plasmoyd said:

@Qacob Wouldnt you rather spend your glory on something else, rather than a resource that was until recently very easy to obtain to side events?

Actually yeah that's a good point, all my other catalysts types are at max capacity so I don't have to spend any glory on t5b or t2a, I can understand that it would be annoying if you needed all that on top of t1a. Sorry bout that.
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    Greekhit said:

SparkAlot said:

Sure, they are available at the Glory store...

Must be nice to be in an alliance that can get you 3,550 glory a week plus the additional Glory needed for everything else.

This is where my weekly glory goes 🙁
    It’s funny if you consider 1.4mil accounts spending their glory on overpriced t1a, and still their amount is not enough.
    Kabam should really consider this SERIOUS problem with t1a.
    There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for these low tier catalysts to be such a huge bottleneck and resources (glory) drainers 😡
    Stop complaining you don’t even get glory a few years ago when ranking up champs was actually a challenge or an achievement

You basically get free stuff for work you already do
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Greekhit said:

SparkAlot said:

Sure, they are available at the Glory store...

Must be nice to be in an alliance that can get you 3,550 glory a week plus the additional Glory needed for everything else.

This is where my weekly glory goes 🙁
    It’s funny if you consider 1.4mil accounts spending their glory on overpriced t1a, and still their amount is not enough.
    Kabam should really consider this SERIOUS problem with t1a.
    There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for these low tier catalysts to be such a huge bottleneck and resources (glory) drainers 😡
    Stop complaining you don’t even get glory a few years ago when ranking up champs was actually a challenge or an achievement

You basically get free stuff for work you already do
    Which is exactly the “free stuff”?
    And should 1mil+ accounts spend their weekly glory on t1a, instead of t2a and t5bc fragments?
    Please, give me a reasonable answer to enlighten me 🙏
    The purpose of glory is to get what your short on. If your short t5b you get t5b. If your short t2a you get t2a. If your short t1a you get t1a. If your using it to buy potions and revives then your probably not supposed to be doing that tier aq or aw.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    So many people are under the impression that whichever bottleneck their play style creates is some sort of universal issue that everyone else also faces.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Greekhit said:

DarthPhal said:

So many people are under the impression that whichever bottleneck their play style creates is some sort of universal issue that everyone else also faces.

It’s not a bottleneck that someone’s play style creates, it’s a bottleneck that 5*s on t1a demands create.
    4*s need 1 t1a per rank up on average
    5*s need 5.5 t1a per rank up on average
    Since 5*s have became mainstream t1a supply increased slightly, but with no mean by 550%.
    It’s plain and very simple maths, not an impression 😉

Which would seem valid enough until you consider there are people out there ranking 5* who do not have this issue. Any bottleneck in the game boils down to how you’re earning resources vs how you are spending them.
  • NavieenNavieen Posts: 137 ★★
    T1 Alpha defo needs to be more available
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Agreed
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

In terms of ranking up specific targeted champs, I think there's plenty of T1A available between all sources.

Plenty for whom? What sources?

There is the Glory store, that we covered, you need 3550 Glory a week for 10.
    There is Master (3) & Heroic (2) & Normal (1) main event a month.

So, you are saying that 6 T1A is plenty, if you don't spend Glory a month? That is 1 rank up for a 5* a month.

Sure, you can also pay for more at the Sigil store, but, lots of people don't have $10/month for that.

Not everyone is in a big alliance to get them from the events either, heck, lots of people are not in any alliance because of time constraints being in a alliance brings.

The only people that have T1A coming out of their ears are the ones in alliances that meet most all their goals.

There needs to be more sources, or cheaper prices for F2P people. Add some in the side-event. Yeah, this month has some help with the 1->2 gems, but still need more T1A if you hope to rank up 2-3 champs a month.
  • PlasmoydPlasmoyd Posts: 11
    DarthPhal said:

Greekhit said:

DarthPhal said:

It’s not a bottleneck that someone’s play style creates, it’s a bottleneck that 5*s on t1a demands create.
    4*s need 1 t1a per rank up on average
    5*s need 5.5 t1a per rank up on average
    Since 5*s have became mainstream t1a supply increased slightly, but with no mean by 550%.
    It’s plain and very simple maths, not an impression 😉

Which would seem valid enough until you consider there are people out there ranking 5* who do not have this issue. Any bottleneck in the game boils down to how you’re earning resources vs how you are spending them.
    Believe me, wherever is see t1alphas, i do that content in order to get them. I am very stingy with my rankups, so i dont rank any champion past r1 if i dont know that champion isnt going to r5 or r4 someday. I heavily relied on arena and monthly side events(which had plenty of t1a available until 2 months ago) to get t1a needed for rankups, and used glory store to get t2a and t5b.
    Now im struggling to rank up champions because the only thing im missing is t1a. I spend a lot of glory on it, and it seems i get the same amount of resources i did when cavalier difficulty wasnt around, and i still do every single piece of content
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    My suggestions on how to help end the T1A drought:
    Cut the price of t1a by at least 35-40% in the glory store
    Add a t1a to the daily 22 hour solo event
    And finally I think a quest that gives t1a shards for completion and a t1a for exploration that would match T4B difficulty would help end the drought.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Really all we need is a T1 Alpha Daily Proving Ground available once you're Uncollected or Cavalier, let's you can can get Half a T1 Alpha Everyday if Uncollected and 1 Full T1 Alpha a Day if Cavalier, that way T1 is still a Challenging Resource to obtain for Early-Mid Level Player with Developing Rosters and Easier but not Overabundant for Late-Endgame Players that Need it and have spare Energy.
    It's something separate that you only need to do If You Need It and you Simply Ignore It if you don't, meaning no one has anything to argue about since it doesn't affect you if you don't need T1 Alpha, especially with the New Auto Complete Feature once you've gone through a Daily Quest once.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    I don't get people that argue with everyone on this topic...
    So you don't have an Issue collecting and using T1 Alpha, Good For You, that doesn't automatically mean No One Else can have this issue and anyone that does is incompetent... If Kabam were to change anything making T1 Alpha more available/reasonable what would be wrong with that? It doesn't effect you if you already have plenty so all you have to do is Ignore It, you don't need to actively go against anyone asking for a Simple Reevaluation and Tune Up that again Won't Affect You if you aren't having any problems obtaining the Resource. Kabam knows what they are doing and would keep it Balanced if a Tune Up was made to make it More Reasonable but Not Overabundant, what are so afraid of about them reducing the Price slightly in the Glory Store or adding a Daily Quest people could do that You Can Ignore If You Don't Need It?