**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #5: Blood and Venom

Once upon a time, the Collector sent one of his newest agents into a dark corner of the Battlerealm, and the Summoner alongside her. Her mission? Quell the evil within... no matter the cost.

Introducing Back Issues #5: Blood and Venom! Available 10 am PT, August 12th 2020.

This Event Quest is a re-release of a classic quest, BLOOD AND VENOM! Much like with previous Back Issues, this is a chance for our Summoners to relive a classic quest from our earlier years, available in TWO difficulties:

Classic Difficulty is a recreation of the original quest. While not completely 1:1, the layouts, difficulty, and dialogue are all the same as you remember. Take a stroll down memory lane and see how far you've come, or experience a quest you never got the chance to play!

Variant Difficulty is a new spin on the quest, available for Summoners level 45 and up. This version features extreme challenges, new opponents, some map layout updates, and Champion Requirements that will ask you to create a team of Spiders, Mystics, and Symbiotes!

Though the shadowy corner of The Contest that Venom resides in is oppressive and wicked, the Champions needed to fight there will be made stronger by buffs that target each group by Chapter. Use these unique powers to put a stop to Venom and the other haunting foes that await!

The Variant Challenge

With each Back Issue Variant Difficulty, we aim to shake up the Summoners Roster, either through implicit, or explicit Champion Requirements.

This time, we’re leaning heavily towards the lore of the Chapter, and restricting access to only #Spider-Verse Heroes, #Symbiote, and Mystic Champions! While you will be able to bring those Champions into the entire quest, each Chapter will feature global buffs that empower one of those select groups at a time.

With so much new content release between the last Back Issues, and Cavalier difficulty on the Horizon, we’ve given the baseline difficulty of the Variant Difficulty a bump to keep pace with modern Player strength. This also means an update to the rewards to keep them valuable to those same players.

New Buffs

Chapter 1:

Great Power: Each Hit that a #Spiderverse Champion avoids from this Defender's Special Attacks with Miss, Evade, or Dexterity grants them an indefinite Responsibility Passive. Only functions on #Spider-Verse Hero Champions.

Great Responsibility: Upon reaching 3 Responsibility convert them into a Great Power Buff lasting 10 seconds, making their attacks Ignore Armour and Resistances, and Unblockable. You cannot gain Responsibility while you have Great Power.

Chapter 2:

Arcane Torrent: For each Buff on the Defender, Mystic Attackers gain:
+25% Ability Accuracy
+10% Attack
+25% Bleed Debuff Duration
+25% Armor Break Debuff Duration
+10% Power Rate

Chapter 3:

Mitosis: Hits on this Defender grant #Symbiote Attackers an indefinite Mitosis Buff. Max Stacks: 10

Genetic Recalibration: #Symbiote Attackers that Dash Back and Hold block for 1.2 seconds consume all available Mitosis Buffs into a Genetic Calibration effect for 1 seconds per Buff consumed. Genetic Calibration reduces Defender ability accuracy by 1000% and increases Attacker buff duration by 100%, and Heavy Attack damage by 500%.

Rewards:

For completing and mastering all of the Classic Difficulty quests, you earn:
Tier 3 Generic ISO x4
Tier 4 Generic ISO x7
Tier 3 Skill ISO x4
Tier 3 Science ISO x4
Tier 3 Tech ISO x4
Tier 3 Cosmic ISO x4
Tier 3 Mystic ISO x4
Tier 3 Mutant ISO x4
Gold x9575
Units x150
Premium Hero Crystal Shards x8000
3-Star Hero Crystal Shards x2000
Premium Hero Crystal x4
Stony Core x1

For completing and mastering all of the Variant quests, you earn:
5-Star Rank 2 → 3 Gem x3
5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem (2015/2016/2017 Champions) x3
5-Star Rank 4 → 5 Gem Crystal x1
5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal x1
5-Star Crystal Shards x25000
Tier 5 Basic Catalysts x3
T5CC Fragment Crystal (25%)
6-Star Crystal Shards x5000
5-Star Signature Stone Crystal x48
Gold x4,000,000
Units x360

Comments

• Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
    Gr8
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Lets gooo am excited for this one good buff
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Rewards look well on track for post-cavalier content.

Sounds really interesting as well. I think it's a good time to have an R5 Venom and R2 Symbiote. Will I be taking Starky to R5 too? Who knows :o
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Love seeing the difficulty and rewards bumped up. That was my biggest concerns. Now I'm pumped.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    What's the total energy cost for 100% Variant? Need it so I can plan out how many revives I could get as well energy refills.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Looks freaking awesome! I am so excited for this one, I have a stacked mystic roster, Starky and Stealthy at r5, and Venom at r5. This is gonna be banging.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    Symbiote supreme will work for chapters 2 and 3 as he's mystic and symbiote. Sucks I only have a 4* r1
  • E_Rich423E_Rich423 Posts: 121 ★★
    Wahoooo!! I'm just glad the post is here !!!
  • can you generate mitosis buffs while you have genetic calibration active?
  • Milo90145Milo90145 Posts: 20
    For the Variant difficulty, are those the rewards for completing, exploring, or both?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

of course the first chapter is for the one tag i have no champs in

You can still use other champions there. You just won't take advantage of the global node
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    Is the generic r4 gem missing or being taken out of rewards? Rewards look great but seems missing as you have r3 rank gems for any champ and r5 one and missing the r4 on em
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★
    Loving the increased rewards and buffs of champs seem great cant wait to play this variant
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    These rewards are huge. No joke. But I believe challenge rating will also huge. Can’t wait.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    Good job kabam on rewards! Hopefully this is really fun
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Yes!! Can’t wait rewards are awesome