**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Changes to Guardian

RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
I purchased a large number of crystals based on Guardians synergy ability.

This is not what i "purchased" if it is changed!

Comments

• TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    It looks like we'll still get the same benefit after the change, just from a different source (armor instead of BP). So what's the problem?
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    Will the armor buff only help champs like cull/stealth spiderman and hit monkey or only champs that generate armor buffs?
  • Rotelly said:

Will the armor buff only help champs like cull/stealth spiderman and hit monkey or only champs that generate armor buffs?

no, every champion has an armor stat. this synergy should just increase that to a point that's equal or better than the block proficiency rating.

though i wonder if the block proficiency is better than having armor. in other words, what else depends on block proficiency that removing this synergy would affect? parry?
    If block prof and armor were equal why have both?
    guessing one reduces damage on blocking and the other reduces overall damage taken
  • Rotelly said:

because the block proficiency makes domino pretty op
    Rotelly said:

guessing one reduces damage on blocking and the other reduces overall damage taken

the post says increase armor while blocking, so in every case it will only be during block.

how does true strike and the pierce mastery interact with this change? @Kabam Miike

• The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    I wonder how it will interact with champs like Corvus’ true strike
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

Rotelly said:

no, every champion has an armor stat. this synergy should just increase that to a point that's equal or better than the block proficiency rating.

But some champion's have 0 armor rating, while all have block proficiency
  • PurpleIsPimpinPurpleIsPimpin Posts: 48
    Can we have some elaboration on this one? I used a 6* generic gem to awaken and 6* sigs because of how much I valued this synergy. This is a huge nerf, that fundamentally impacts his roster impact
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Rotelly said:

Did you buy it specifically to buff your domino?
  • Rotelly said:

But some champion's have 0 armor rating, while all have block proficiency
    does that make a difference?

Odachi said:

Rotelly said:

Yes, I have a 5* (r5) & 6* (r2) domino and this synergy was great for act 6 content
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Rotelly said:

You should know better by now.. sorry to say.. but that's on you.. anyone who's played this game for more than 6 months.. knows this is how it goes..
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    It doesn't even work the same against higher CR opponents. Not sure why it needed to be changed but whatever. Who really cares what a R3 6* Domino does in RoL? She definitely doesn't do the same in act 6

It doesn't even work the same against higher CR opponents. Not sure why it needed to be changed but whatever. Who really cares what a R3 6* Domino does in RoL? She definitely doesn't do the same in act 6

If you change your masteries to max block prof and bring 5/6* luke cage and IF every hit is perfect
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    so why
    Rotelly said:

Odachi said:

Rotelly said:

Yes, I have a 5* (r5) & 6* (r2) domino and this synergy was great for act 6 content
    so why didn't you put him in the team from your other complaining post today about the skill day herald quest? Just wondering is all... https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1349901
    Hmmm. I only tested her at R3 with 6* Guardian alone
    If that is the case absolutely no one can be mad it's getting changed. I was glad it didn't work when I tested bc I assumed it wouldn't need to be changed then
    Because I didn't know what nodes were on the lane and focused on Mutant champs rather than block prof.
    I always run max block prof anyway so I'll check it out a little later
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Rotelly said:

Rotelly said:

I guess you missed the part in the ToS that they can make changes when they want without your permission. Plus you didn't buy crystals for the Synergy with Domino. No one knew what would happen when he was released. This was recent. Put your pitchforks away.
    What do you mean no one knew what would happen when he was release? It was in his champion notes. Clear as day to anyone who can read
    You didn't know that Domino was going to 3 bars of power right away.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

Rotelly said:

I guess you missed the part in the ToS that they can make changes when they want without your permission. Plus you didn't buy crystals for the Synergy with Domino. No one knew what would happen when he was released. This was recent. Put your pitchforks away.
    This was talked about almost as soon as the champion spotlight was released. You can go to the thread if you want and see that @C0atHang3r mentioned this interaction right on the first page.

I also snatched him up in arena specifically to pair with my 6* rank 3 Domino. I can understand it’s an OP synergy though so if they want to nerf it then c’est la vie. I don’t know how they could have missed it though since it was mentioned in the comment section of his spotlight and I saw it talked about in multiple chat rooms prior to his crystal and arena release.
  • Rotelly said:

because the block proficiency makes domino pretty op
    Rotelly said:

the post says increase armor while blocking, so in every case it will only be during block.

how does true strike and the pierce mastery interact with this change? @Kabam Miike

They will still interact with it, so it won't be very helpful against those nodes, BUT, this is a huge buff in other ways. For instance, nothing that interacts with Block Proficiency will interact with this Armor rating increase. Bubble Shield, Incinerate, and Soft Guard for example.

This is also a positive for any Champ that already has high Block Proficiency.
    thanks. sounds like a pretty decent trade off on the surface.