**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Herald is a false hope that only deplete our resources.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

Nice diversion. Regardless, Void will unavoidably put a debuff on you from his natural abilities after enough time. A single one of these debuffs WILL kill you. Mix master makes him take longer, which doesn’t help. The weakness debuffs are additional threats. They don’t help either, and I don’t really care to where they come from. It’s just fuel to the fire, and faulty memory is good enough to make that point that it’s another issue. Your technicality offshoot is tunnel vision at best. It doesn’t address the problem being discussed here, which is many players not enjoying ultra-tailored fights.

By specific counter, I mean that you need to be debuff immune or prevent Void’s abilities from triggering. This means you need Blade+ a little luck, a ramped up Aegon, or Elsa Bloodstone (who actually ranks her). If you happen to really like Killmonger and put all your skill resources into him, for example, don’t expect to have any success on science day. Expecting players to have virtually every champ in the game in 5* or higher rarity and to have then maxed out at that is too much. It’s not fun...at all.

The has been an eye opener for me. The game is simply not headed in a direction that I can enjoy. I always liked identifying the most useful and well-rounded champs from each class and investing resources in those. Ideally, I’d like all kinds of synergies going on with my choices. However, the game is becoming more about getting every top tier niche champ, ranking them all, and keeping them in your back pocket for those one-off tailored fights. All this is going to do is demoralize more and more players until they quit.

I think you are a very, very, very small minority. Like literally by yourself here. It's a side quest. It's not here to stay and it's not the first of it's kind. If what you say is true, it would have happened long ago. The whole "the player bases will quit" logic is so tired and played out. Let's find a different angle that won't make it seem like you have no clue.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    You must not have done the fight on Herald without using the champs I mentioned. You’ll be very dead by the time you purge a debuff in that way. The normal mechanics don’t work, and that’s one of the major points. If you have to avoid the debuffs altogether, and you really do, then only a few champs will be able to do this.

About one champ on one day, that’s not the issue either. The issue is that there are 7 days that look a heck of a lot like 6.2.6 design. The fights are too specific in their own ways, and 5/65 w/ class advantage is not nearly enough. I see a developer that is acknowledging mistakes by altering the game based on feedback, and then repeating those mistakes in future plans. Life is too short to be annoyed by a mobile app!
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

You must not have done the fight on Herald without using the champs I mentioned. You’ll be very dead by the time you purge a debuff in that way. The normal mechanics don’t work, and that’s one of the major points. If you have to avoid the debuffs altogether, and you really do, then only a few champs will be able to do this.

About one champ on one day, that’s not the issue either. The issue is that there are 7 days that look a heck of a lot like 6.2.6 design. The fights are too specific in their own ways, and 5/65 w/ class advantage is not nearly enough. I see a developer that is acknowledging mistakes by altering the game based on feedback, and then repeating those mistakes in future plans. Life is too short to be annoyed by a mobile app!

I don't think you know how to play against Void.

He has a timer which will place his usual debuffs on you. When that timer ends, another short timer begins on you before the debuff is placed. If you get to a 10th combo hit, meaning any combo ending in a 0, while that timer on you is happening, it will immediately purge the debuff before it's even placed on you. ANY champ can do that. SPRY, which is the node that places a weakness on you only happens when he evades. He only evades because of mix master, which you counter by NOT doing the same basic attack twice in a row. This is why you parry, then use the first basic attack of medium, then use heavy attack which counts as the second basic attack. When you parry him again and do a medium, he won't evade because it's a different basic attack from the last one you did.

EVERY champ can do this. You can do that ENTIRE fight without ever having a single debuff placed on you with ALL champs.
    mbrace said:

5.3 called and wants it's concept back. Again, this is ONE side quest. This isn't a indication of where they are headed again or a new direction. This is meant to test the difficulty that will be Cavalier. How are you not understanding any of this? Don't do the quest, quit the game but please stop making this into a bigger deal than what it is.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

How do you suggest they make content harder, then?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Wow who would’ve thought that new monthly content designed to challenge endgame players requires a diverse roster...
    Y'all really be saying "the attack values are too high", "the fights are too long", or "the nodes are too restrictive". How else are they supposed to make content harder, then?

And before y'all say "the GM was a great example of a hard fight with no restrictions", the GM was a great fight, but the concept of it should only be used in content sparingly. Not all fights should be based purely on skill to the point where any champion can do it.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★

Wow who would’ve thought that new monthly content designed to challenge endgame players requires a diverse roster...

Cavalier difficulty isn’t supposed to be designed to challenge endgame players. Just saying.
    Greekhit said:

Cavalier difficulty isn’t supposed to be designed to challenge endgame players. Just saying.
    That's literally so false. Like just absolutely, straight-out wrong.
    Greekhit said:

Cavalier exploration is though.
    What makes you think that I don’t understand how this represents Cavalier difficulty content? That is exactly the future I’m talking about for now. What makes you think that it would be contained to that though? Every Act 6 boss follows the pattern. They are now being reconsidered after never-ending feedback opposing it. Act 7 beta showed that it will continue. There is one fight that only Red Guardian can win, literally one champ. The big deal is that the current event quests represent what I hate about the game and hoped would go away. I hoped that skill and rank would become more important in questing, but they won’t be enough.

No matter what I think, you don’t want the rest of the player base dropping off in disgust as they see more content like this. I’ve read enough posts and talked to enough active players to know that there aren’t to many who like the ultra-tailored method. In fact, the only ones that do are the ones who will always say that everything is “easy” in order to boost their own ego to the rest of the alliance. You guys have to know that we know that you are lying.
    edited August 2020
    mbrace said:

What makes you think that I don’t understand how this represents Cavalier difficulty content? That is exactly the future I’m talking about for now. What makes you think that it would be contained to that though? Every Act 6 boss follows the pattern. They are now being reconsidered after never-ending feedback opposing it. Act 7 beta showed that it will continue. There is one fight that only Red Guardian can win, literally one champ. The big deal is that the current event quests represent what I hate about the game and hoped would go away. I hoped that skill and rank would become more important in questing, but they won’t be enough.

No matter what I think, you don’t want the rest of the player base dropping off in disgust as they see more content like this. I’ve read enough posts and talked to enough active players to know that there aren’t to many who like the ultra-tailored method. In fact, the only ones that do are the ones who will always say that everything is “easy” in order to boost their own ego to the rest of the alliance. You guys have to know that we know that you are lying.

You're allowed your opinion. Even if it is wrong. It's okay you can keep popping off.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    All the "git gud" comments in here are super annoying. Herald is presumably supposed to map to Cavalier, Epic to Uncollected, Master to Master, etc, right? I haven't even looked at Herald yet, but I can explore Uncollected EQ without much trouble, but Epic has given me a lot of trouble. It's definitely harder than the Epic side quest last month.

Part of the problem, of course, is that this event essentially requires you to have a deep roster, which a lot of Cavalier players do (because getting to Cavalier already required a deep roster), but a lot of Uncollected players don't.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

Greekhit said:

How it’s straight out wrong?
    End game players didn’t had a challenge even with abyss.
    For Kabam to give them a challenge should bring content harder than that.
    The question is: should Kabam make Cavalier difficulty harder than abyss just to challenge endgame players?
    I’m not saying that herald difficulty was even near abyss difficulty, but endgame players realistically can’t be challenged by any Cavalier difficulty.
    The only thing will happen is that will have another Act6 like cry out when Cavalier difficulty drops 🤔

Greekhit said:

Greekhit said:

The question is: should Kabam make Cavalier difficulty harder than abyss just to challenge endgame players?
    I’m not saying that herald difficulty was even near abyss difficulty, but endgame players realistically can’t be challenged by any Cavalier difficulty.
    The only thing will happen is that will have another Act6 like cry out when Cavalier difficulty drops 🤔

"At launch, there will be a wide range of Cavalier players trying out this new difficulty, from someone that has recently achieved the milestone, to a Summoner that has countlessly beaten the Grandmaster, the power and skill level can vary wildly. Our challenge is building a Quest that can appeal to them all."

"End game players didn’t had a challenge even with abyss"

Girl, what? Of course, they had a challenge with the Abyss. Just because they completed/explored it doesn't mean they didn't have a challenge with it.

Challenge: a task or situation that tests someone's abilities.

Did Abyss test endgamers' abilities? Yes.

Will Cavalier Difficulty test endgamers' abilities according to what Kabam said? Yes.

Cav Difficulty is going to be designed to challenge Endgamers, according to Kabam.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Greekhit said:

Oh yeah, Abyss totally wasn't a challenge for Endgame players cause having to use thousands of units and tons of revives per path isn't a challenge at all. And you're totally right. Even though Kabam specifically said that Cavalier difficulty exploration is supposed to challenge Endgame players, they're actually trying to trick us. It's totally not supposed to. See what they did, there? (Hard, hard core sarcasm there btw.)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    mbrace said:

The champs that could solo were Symbiote Supreme, CAIW, and The Hood. She-Hulk doesn’t count, because she was not working as intended and got fixed.

The nerf to She Hulk didn't really have a major impact on her ability to deal with the 6.2 Champion boss. It changed the playstyle required a bit because you couldn't chain attacks the same way, but she could still deal with Champion's unstoppable which is the major feature of most Champion boss counters. People were posting videos of She Hulk doing that fight practically the moment the nerf went live.
    It’s fine all. My school of thought has a lot more people in than yours. You should hope that Kabam sides with us for financial reasons.

As for making content harder, why not just increase the PI? The champs aren’t changing, unless 90% get reworked with all kinds of rare and unique utility. All we can do for now is rank them higher. Why wouldn’t they just scale the PI with the expected rank and call it a day? Requiring specific champs is just not viable, because the pool is too large. You could literally never get a certain champ no matter how many crystals you open, yet you need that champ. Hmmm? Interesting...
    mbrace said:

It’s fine all. My school of thought has a lot more people in than yours. You should hope that Kabam sides with us for financial reasons.

As for making content harder, why not just increase the PI? The champs aren’t changing, unless 90% get reworked with all kinds of rare and unique utility. All we can do for now is rank them higher. Why wouldn’t they just scale the PI with the expected rank and call it a day? Requiring specific champs is just not viable, because the pool is too large. You could literally never get a certain champ no matter how many crystals you open, yet you need that champ. Hmmm? Interesting...

So...increase attack and health? Hmmm...interesting...
    mbrace said:

This is also an example of why you don't understand what Cavalier difficulty is or what it means to be endgame. Probably the most ridiculous statement you've made so far.
    How is that a problem? It would make the most sense. The nodes we already have suit the champs we already have. Using rank up materials as the gateway for progress is the only thing needed to keep the game going. Using specific champs as a gateway is about money, and players are feeling it and hating it. Isn’t it obvious that players are still going to spend for rank up materials? Keep most of the player base happy and spending. It’s a win-win. This thing with catering to the minority of players has to stop, or the ship is going to sink.
    mbrace said:

Oh yeah, A LOT more people.
    I really want some of whatever this guy is smoking. I would love to be that delusional and out of this world for an hour or two.
    mbrace said:

How is that a problem? It would make the most sense. The nodes we already have suit the champs we already have. Using rank up materials as the gateway for progress is the only thing needed to keep the game going. Using specific champs as a gateway is about money, and players are feeling it and hating it. Isn’t it obvious that players are still going to spend for rank up materials? Keep most of the player base happy and spending. It’s a win-win. This thing with catering to the minority of players has to stop, or the ship is going to sink.

Sure, some of these node combinations are BS, but every single one of these bosses other than Sinister because of Spiked Armor (which a lot of champs can get around) can be done with a 2* Groot, time and Skill. And dang, you're annoying.
    mbrace said:

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY EVERYDAY ON THIS SIDE EVENT.

Good lord son. Pick a day that works for your roster and do that day. Seriously, do you actually play this game or what?
    Etjama said:

mbrace said:

First, this thread is highly tainted with deep-roster elitists who think that they can do anything in the game. Second, most players are not the type that would come on this forum. They complain in an alliance chat room and that’s about it. They take the **** until they finally quit. I’m trying to help out a voice and sentiment that I know is common and continually growing. You won’t know the hand that feeds you until it is gone and the system starts to collapse. If Kabam loses money, then development suffers. Remaining players get more pissed off. It’s a viscous cycle. It doesn’t happen overnight, but once you notice the effects it’s too late. Listen to the average common folk or fail. History proves it over and over.
    mbrace said:

Etjama said:

mbrace said:

First, this thread is highly tainted with deep-roster elitists who think that they can do anything in the game. Second, most players are not the type that would come on this forum. They complain in an alliance chat room and that’s about it. They take the **** until they finally quit. I’m trying to help out a voice and sentiment that I know is common and continually growing. You won’t know the hand that feeds you until it is gone and the system starts to collapse. If Kabam loses money, then development suffers. Remaining players get more pissed off. It’s a viscous cycle. It doesn’t happen overnight, but once you notice the effects it’s too late. Listen to the average common folk or fail. History proves it over and over.
    mbrace said:

Etjama said:

mbrace said:

"Highly tainted with deep-roster elitists who think they can do anything in game".....yes, that's the point of having a deep roster. That's exactly what this ENTIRE GAME IS ABOUT.

I think the "voice" you are trying to help out are the ones in your head. Take your meds and then a nap. You've earned it.
This discussion has been closed.