**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Herald is a false hope that only deplete our resources.

Comments

• mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    When it happens, I’ll be sure to make one last “I told you so” post with a picture of my explanation of how this type of collapse works. Seriously, when most of my alliance is upset about the side-quests and normally doesn’t care, there is an issue. If this is the future, then the issue is as big and foreboding as I explained it to be.

Enough said. Best of luck to this job...I mean game. Sorry, I got confused because of how it makes me feel.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

When it happens, I’ll be sure to make one last “I told you so” post with a picture of my explanation of how this type of collapse works. Seriously, when most of my alliance is upset about the side-quests and normally doesn’t care, there is an issue. If this is the future, then the issue is as big and foreboding as I explained it to be.

Enough said. Best of luck to this job...I mean game. Sorry, I got confused because of how it makes me feel.

Is your alliance made up of all your alt accounts? Please tag me when you make that thread. I wanna be the first one you tell.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

Maybe you're whole alliance is complaining about this side quest and not others because THIS IS ONLY THE SECOND INSTALLMENT OF A CAVALIER SIDE QUEST. Your alliance probably isn't ready for a CAVALIER LEVEL DIFFICULTY. And if this game feels like a job to you, just quit. No one's asking you to stay and no one will miss you.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

mbrace said:

Is your alliance made up of all your alt accounts? Please tag me when you make that thread. I wanna be the first one you tell.
    Me too plz.
    Etjama said:

mbrace said:

Maybe you're whole alliance is complaining about this side quest and not others because THIS IS ONLY THE SECOND INSTALLMENT OF A CAVALIER SIDE QUEST. Your alliance probably isn't ready for a CAVALIER LEVEL DIFFICULTY. And if this game feels like a job to you, just quit. No one's asking you to stay and no one will miss you.
    You will miss everyone else who feels the same way, because that’s where the numbers are. For one thing, the forums contain mostly end-game players who have every champ in the game. Don’t be fooled. This is not the majority.

The game can’t survive financially off of just your type. My alliance is fine and has deep rosters, but like me, maybe finding a few fights that they don’t have the right champions ranked up yet or perhaps completely missing that one champ that they need. We don’t spend enough for our rosters to be the best of the best with all niche champs maxed out, but we do have enough 5/65 and 2/35 from each class to be effective at the game. Most of us have over 10k prestige, but I don’t think any of us have a 6* R3 yet. Again, the player base that does have this is way too small to sustain the future. If you pigeon-hole yourselves by turning content into a self-serving roster check, then you will have a problem.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

Etjama said:

mbrace said:

You will miss everyone else who feels the same way, because that’s where the numbers are. For one thing, the forums contain mostly end-game players who have every champ in the game. Don’t be fooled. This is not the majority.

The game can’t survive financially off of just your type. My alliance is fine and has deep rosters, but like me, maybe finding a few fights that they don’t have the right champions ranked up yet or perhaps completely missing that one champ that they need. We don’t spend enough for our rosters to be the best of the best with all niche champs maxed out, but we do have enough 5/65 and 2/35 from each class to be effective at the game. Most of us have over 10k prestige, but I don’t think any of us have a 6* R3 yet. Again, the player base that does have this is way too small to sustain the future. If you pigeon-hole yourselves by turning content into a self-serving roster check, then you will have a problem.
    The forum contains mostly end gamers? Okay, now you've gone too far with the ridiculousness
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Arsoz said:

Git gud git gud rewards

You probably shouldn't comment if all you have to say is GiT GŮd GUd rEwARds.

Edit. You can disagree of youbwant lol but that's a stupid comment. Some of rewards depending on class are definitely not worth the resources roster dependent.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    I found cosmic and muntant to be kinda easy with the right champs, but the rest are far out of my league right now due to the champs I don’t have. So my best advice would be to wait and find or find a easy difficulty and stick with it.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

o4tg said:

Etjama said:

o4tg said:

Compared to the last few special quests, the herald rewards aren't very satisfying. Even less so if you're trying to use items to play out of your difficulty range, which the majority of players want to do.

I know lots of 10k+ guys who walked away from the highest herald quest, myself included. It's just not worth it this month if you get caught slipping.

A 6* and three 5*s isn't satisfying? What will it take to please you people? And I've only got around 7k prestige with 3 R5s. I'm not going to pretend to be amazing at the game but I've been totally fine so far.
    I apologize if my post hurt your feelings.

A 6* is nice, but I really don't care about 5* anymore. In a month worth of grinding that many fights with that much effort, it's much easier to get a 6* from other means.

If you're knocking out the top herald difficulties with mostly R4 without using items, you should share some videos to give other players guidance rather than getting upset over other people's opinions.
    Uh, how can you have a roster so stacked that 5*s don't matter anymore but have problems with this quest? I've got around 30 R5s, over 100 6*s, and 7 R3s and still absolutely care about 5*s. None of these quests have been that difficult for very developed rosters so if you're at the point where 5*s don't matter (and no one is there IMO) you should be breezing through this
    over 100 6*'s ?? whoa. pics or it didn't happen ;)
    That **** roster is stacked AF. You should just see the quality of 6* R 3e WnP has.i peed a little looking at them
    well geez ... most impressive then ... great work WnP.

mbrace said:

Etjama said:

mbrace said:

The forum contains mostly end gamers? Okay, now you've gone too far with the ridiculousness
    It is. I’ve been watching the forums for years, and most of the comments come from players who have something to say or ask about their amazing champs and rosters. There is a figure of speech “First-world problems”. It’s a pretty accurate analogy for this phenomenon. Another group of players occasionally get angry enough to come on here to rage post about the game. Most of the players that I’ve encountered through alliances, large Line chat groups and game chat could care less about the forums. However, they do complain amongst themselves about the same issues discussed in them. This is what you would call a silent majority, and it’s best to keep that majority happy. So again, when they normally keep their mouths shut and suddenly have a lot of negative things to say about Herald (aka future content), then I’d say that’s a bit of a sign of problem brewing.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    i
    mbrace said:

mbrace said:

Etjama said:

mbrace said:

It is. I’ve been watching the forums for years, and most of the comments come from players who have something to say or ask about their amazing champs and rosters. There is a figure of speech “First-world problems”. It’s a pretty accurate analogy for this phenomenon. Another group of players occasionally get angry enough to come on here to rage post about the game. Most of the players that I’ve encountered through alliances, large Line chat groups and game chat could care less about the forums. However, they do complain amongst themselves about the same issues discussed in them. This is what you would call a silent majority, and it’s best to keep that majority happy. So again, when they normally keep their mouths shut and suddenly have a lot of negative things to say about Herald (aka future content), then I’d say that’s a bit of a sign of problem brewing.
    And so? Herald difficulty is for end game players not you, don't try to cut down its difficulty for your benefit.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

mbrace said:

Etjama said:

mbrace said:

You have an incredibly warped idea of the term end game player if you think it applies to more than a handful of people on the forum regularly
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Sounds like you arent ready for it, simply do a lower difficulty.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

Etjama said:

mbrace said:

Girl, what? I'm far from endgame. Anyone here can tell you that. Yet, for some reason, I can still get through all 3 shard quests without much of a problem. Therefore it might actually not be that the quest is filled with BS bosses. It might actually just be you. Gasp! I know, right? What a revelation!
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

mbrace said:

mbrace said:

Etjama said:

mbrace said:

You have an incredibly warped idea of the term end game player if you think it applies to more than a handful of people on the forum regularly
    Since I'm here regularly... and I don't complain about anything being particularly BS.... can I be called an end game player too? I only have 1 R26* and 4 R5 5* and find Herald difficulty mostly fine.

Oh please give me the blessing of being an endgame player! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

o4tg said:

Etjama said:

o4tg said:

Compared to the last few special quests, the herald rewards aren't very satisfying. Even less so if you're trying to use items to play out of your difficulty range, which the majority of players want to do.

I know lots of 10k+ guys who walked away from the highest herald quest, myself included. It's just not worth it this month if you get caught slipping.

A 6* and three 5*s isn't satisfying? What will it take to please you people? And I've only got around 7k prestige with 3 R5s. I'm not going to pretend to be amazing at the game but I've been totally fine so far.
    I apologize if my post hurt your feelings.

A 6* is nice, but I really don't care about 5* anymore. In a month worth of grinding that many fights with that much effort, it's much easier to get a 6* from other means.

If you're knocking out the top herald difficulties with mostly R4 without using items, you should share some videos to give other players guidance rather than getting upset over other people's opinions.
    Uh, how can you have a roster so stacked that 5*s don't matter anymore but have problems with this quest? I've got around 30 R5s, over 100 6*s, and 7 R3s and still absolutely care about 5*s. None of these quests have been that difficult for very developed rosters so if you're at the point where 5*s don't matter (and no one is there IMO) you should be breezing through this
    over 100 6*'s ?? whoa. pics or it didn't happen ;)
    oh ya, work is a huge whale. Longshot is his favorite champ
    can confirm this
    mbrace said:

mbrace said:

Etjama said:

mbrace said:

You need to "mbrace" roster diversity.
    Also, I’ll quit when I want to quit. Maybe that will be very soon, maybe that will be today, or maybe I’ll get over it. What does matter is the sign of the times. It’s that I’ve been playing for 3 years and starting to get fed up. That can’t be good. Last month, I talked a long-term player (3-4 years) in my alliance out of quitting over spinning his wheels with progress and a then have a difficult help ticket experience. I tried to tell him that it will get better; Kabam has big plans to make the game better and listen to the player base. I pointed him to the grand claims in the dev diaries. If I misinformed him, then he won’t last. If two players like us fee this way and many others are talking like us lately, then this is not good. You know full well that recent Kabam moves had to do with player feedback. Why do a 180 and cater to an elite small portion of end-game players instead?

I’ve stated plainly in this thread what the issue is. Ignoring it and blowing off the feedback is a mistake.
    mbrace said:

Also, I’ll quit when I want to quit. Maybe that will be very soon, maybe that will be today, or maybe I’ll get over it. What does matter is the sign of the times. It’s that I’ve been playing for 3 years and starting to get fed up. That can’t be good. Last month, I talked a long-term player (3-4 years) in my alliance out of quitting over spinning his wheels with progress and a then have a difficult help ticket experience. I tried to tell him that it will get better; Kabam has big plans to make the game better and listen to the player base. I pointed him to the grand claims in the dev diaries. If I misinformed him, then he won’t last. If two players like us fee this way and many others are talking like us lately, then this is not good. You know full well that recent Kabam moves had to do with player feedback. Why do a 180 and cater to an elite small portion of end-game players instead?

I’ve stated plainly in this thread what the issue is. Ignoring it and blowing off the feedback is a mistake.

You've stated your issue. There isn't actually an issue. Just how you feel about the quest.

Please don't quit until you can tell you told me so.
    mbrace said:

Kabam are getting better you can tell as they are adding cav difficulty, boss rushes, improving variants, nerfing act 6
    champion buffs etc. You are complaining about herald difficulty even though it is at a fair difficulty, you need to simply do a lower difficulty.
  • mbrace said:

It honestly sounds like you and your alliance just might not be ready then and thats ok
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

I don't understand the complaints. OP says he wasn't complaining (though it sure read like one), and then there are many others saying it's too difficult. This content is exactly as advertised; it's there to test those with deep rosters. Actually, this content is easier than advertised.

The only thing I'm annoyed about is that people assume the problem is the content, not them. You'll never get better with that attitude. I've been there myself. Only difference is that when I hit a wall in monthly content, I took a step back and waited patiently until I was ready (including a better roster).

How old are you? How can you not know what's being said?

I don't recall age has to do with understanding. Stubbornness affects all ages though.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

FineDog said:

All the "git gud" comments in here are super annoying. Herald is presumably supposed to map to Cavalier, Epic to Uncollected, Master to Master, etc, right? I haven't even looked at Herald yet, but I can explore Uncollected EQ without much trouble, but Epic has given me a lot of trouble. It's definitely harder than the Epic side quest last month.

Part of the problem, of course, is that this event essentially requires you to have a deep roster, which a lot of Cavalier players do (because getting to Cavalier already required a deep roster), but a lot of Uncollected players don't.

Git gud
    i know people hate it when you post that man ... but i laugh every time :D
  • SouthfenceSouthfence Posts: 39
    Seems to me from my experience. Being someone with 10 R5 5* is that is difficulty is fine. It is a challenge even the nodes are ok they are hard but again that is fine. My main issue is with the one and done quest structure. The rewards are really good so quitting out is not an easy choice.

Personally I prefer hard content where I can quit and and try again change team members etc. only having 1 or 2 of each class at that level restricts me however the ability to refine my champs is part of the enjoyment of variant and act 6 content. Maybe the multi day will be the best option for me as I can bring a stacked team but personally I don’t like one and done quests.

Maybe the orb thing could unlock the quest for the remainder of the day so we could quit and start again.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

Personally I prefer hard content where I can quit and and try again change team members etc.

Me as well cheers.
    edited August 2020
    The only thing I really needed to say is probably going to get me banned, so I was trying my best to just hint on it. I’ll just have to say it clearly about the money aspect. The game could easily be about getting champs and having them be useful so long as you rank them up and play them well (aka skill and power). Instead, Herald and apparently future content is not about this. The goal is to have exactly the right champs, also each fully ranked up. The only reason that it needs to be this way is regarding how people spend in the game. Selling crystals is the goal. Forcing players to get more champs is the most lucrative approach, because quite frankly it is never-ending. You could drop $1000 right now and come up with nothing useful. I suppose, Kabam has full right to make such business decisions. What I’m warning about is very simple. This pushes a bunch of players away when they try to buy and just don’t get what they need to compete. When these players have finally had enough, there simply is not going to be enough purchasing going on to sustain the type of development needed to make the game better. Hence, it is a slowly collapsing system. You who have spent so much to reach a vast roster containing every possible champ that you could need will support this system to the bitter end, denying any amount of reason used to expose what is happening. As evidenced here, some of you don’t see the slightest problem with requiring overly specific champs. That blows my mind and has me wondering where your heads must be at.

I am mainly focused on this one point of annoyance: I thought my roster had enough 5/65 and utility to do it all, but I was wrong. What I have is not enough, and yet I’ve put an unthinkable amount of effort and a moderate amount of money into building my champs for the last 3 years. The game should not be such that this is irrelevant. It is demoralizing to me and also to people I know. I can’t ever be a COWhale, and that seems to be the only way to keep up. Herald merely highlighted this long-standing issue for me, and I hadn’t been able to see it so clearly before this.
This discussion has been closed.