**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cull obsidian-Beyond God tier?

Do you think cull is worthy of being a beyond god tier after the new guardian synergy of increasing block prof by a significant amount? Since the block prof was the real downside of cull.....and his damage i dont even have to talk about.....too good

Comments

• PrincenayarwPrincenayarw Posts: 367 ★★
    Care to explain why then?
    Sick
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

Sick

Ignore them, Cull imo is still a beast before he couldnt stack armor breaks early as you had to build them but now he can stack armor breaks early increasing his damage as he continues to other fights. Is he worthy for Act 6 not the current stage but still worthy for UC and possibly Cavalier
  • KingKevinKingKevin Posts: 26
    Cull went from being super overrated when he came out to criminally underrated now. I think he is just as good now as he was before the "nerf" but is never talked about. I wouldn't say beyond god tier because I think a champ needs more utility to be "beyond god tier" like ghost, quake, aegon, fury, etc. but cull is a beast
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    KingKevin said:

Cull went from being super overrated when he came out to criminally underrated now. I think he is just as good now as he was before the "nerf" but is never talked about. I wouldn't say beyond god tier because I think a champ needs more utility to be "beyond god tier" like ghost, quake, aegon, fury, etc. but cull is a beast

Utility like ignoring auto-evade, auto block and being able to parry non contact hits?
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

KingKevin said:

Utility like ignoring auto-evade, auto block and being able to parry non contact hits?
    These are not enough to classify him as beyond god tier.
    Cull is god tier. That’s where he belongs 😉

• KingKevinKingKevin Posts: 26
    Odachi said:

KingKevin said:

I was thinking utility like:
    Ghost: immune to all DOT, phase intercept, tank L3, ignore evade
    Quake: ignore almost every node in the game
    Aegon: true strike, unblockable, damage capped at 5%, ignore resistances, purify debuffs
    Nick fury: unblockable, ignore evade, auto block, 2 health pools, purify all debuffs

Cull is great but you can’t compare him to the top tier. Cull’s utility ends at true strike and parry projectiles (same as prox). These champs can create their own opportunities to attack. Whole different level
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    If the point is to parse “god tier” vs “beyond god tier” then Cull is still better than most champs, and most cosmics. And he’s still behind the elite champs and cosmics.

If the point is the synergy improves an already good champ, and he may be worth revisiting if you don’t have Corvus/Hype/CMM then you’re absolutely right. And the Act 6 nerf will help his viability as well. I agree he’s gone from possibly overhyped to possibly underrated. Beast of a champ/damage dealer.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    KingKevin said:

That's because if they admit he's just as good, the whole "anti-balancing" committee will have to eat their words.

Cull is still a champion I love using. Didn't sell him when I had the opportunity to either.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    I would add guardian to the team so he doesn’t take a bunch of block damage. Then I would say he’s a solid god tier, not beyond god tier because he lacks utility. But he is still a awesome champ!
    Excellent conversation here guys thanks for the input
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    nope. he is just a teddy now.punch him fast n he faints. he requires crutches in the form of nodes to make him look menancing enough, a patient player can handle those nodes n slay him like butter easily.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Cosmics better than Cull:

Corvus, Captain Marvel Movie, Hyperion, Medusa, Venom

They would all get ranked up ahead of Cull. All he really has is the ramped up damage. In my opinion, all of the above have much more use to me. I have him at 6* r2 and he rides the pine. He is not bad, just that others are still better for what I need.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    my r5 5* cull says hello.

took him over corvus and he did wonders in 6.3 / 6.4
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Tru100 said:

If the point is to parse “god tier” vs “beyond god tier” then Cull is still better than most champs, and most cosmics. And he’s still behind the elite champs and cosmics.

If the point is the synergy improves an already good champ, and he may be worth revisiting if you don’t have Corvus/Hype/CMM then you’re absolutely right. And the Act 6 nerf will help his viability as well. I agree he’s gone from possibly overhyped to possibly underrated. Beast of a champ/damage dealer.

Act 6 attack value nerfs (50% reduction I believe) as well as the True Northern Defense or On Guard for Thee synergy will greatly improve his viability, along with Proxima's. Since he has the highest damage potential consistent through quests as well as those nice niche utilities, he will end fights before the nodes even become an issue.
  • Chewie420Chewie420 Posts: 96
    Cull is better now than he was before his "nerf". Soon as act 6 is nerfed he gonna be an mvp lol
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Yeah right up till someone punches his block.